just tried 2015 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

I had some scary moments with my shelbys,you just have to respect that hp and make sure you have
The setup ,tires suspension exc...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I had some scary moments with my shelbys,you just have to respect that hp and make sure you have

Yup...it's all good here, but yes it can get awfully tail happy if you don't respect it.
It was downright dangerous with 335/30 BFG's on it but I have Proxe 888's now and its MUCH more drivable.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post

Shelby's also arent that great at handling since they are so front heavy.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Shelby's also arent that great at handling since they are so front heavy.

Thats why I went with the aluminum 5.0 stroker instead of the bigger bore BOSS iron block.

Tuned by AED
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You know I kind of have to admit even though my past 03cobra made more wheel hp/tq (and you always want more power to some extent) I'm pretty happy with the power level it's at now. I actually feel comfortable with it and it hooks pretty well being on all season street tires. It's nice to be able to rag on it (on the street) without creating a potentially dangerous F'up every time you get on it. The powerband on this car is a lot of fun IMO. Sorry I got off topic... LOL
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc03svt View Post
You know I kind of have to admit even though my past 03cobra made more wheel hp/tq (and you always want more power to some extent) I'm pretty happy with the power level it's at now. I actually feel comfortable with it and it hooks pretty well being on all season street tires. It's nice to be able to rag on it (on the street) without creating a potentially dangerous F'up every time you get on it. The powerband on this car is a lot of fun IMO. Sorry I got off topic... LOL
That's what its all about....

Tuned by AED
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
You're right, it can be more fun being able to push a car to its limits, then having a car test yours.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That is why I love my miata. You can beat the tar out of it, have fun and barely break the speed limit laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I drove one today.

Frankly, yall seem to have hit the nail on the head already. It's overall a much nicer car...the interior is very sharp. I especially liked the toggle switches and that they moved the damn cupholder over. The new gauges and overall layout is very clean and well thought-out.

It just didn't feel like a mustang. Very refined but lacking that raw feel that we've been used to in our mustangs (inside and out).

The dealer let me take it out with a spin. I know the guy, so I got to play with it a little more than most people would be allowed. The new IRS does a fair job of taking the wiggle and jump out of the rear end over rougher pavement. Otherwise, it felt the same as my (still mostly stock suspension) '13 trackpack does.

The acceleration felt similar...my coyote is tuned, so a stock 5.0 is going to feel sluggish anyhow. The brakes felt the same, too. Shifting it felt like a stock MT82...lots of play, and finding 2nd in a hurry was difficult, 3rd also. The stock exhaust makes the 5.0 super quiet...can't help but wonder as to what extra was added to hush it up so much.

I was disappointed once I looked under the hood. It's the same ol' coyote, but they went and did some odd things to the engine bay...like, why is the strut tower brace routed to the firewall? The PCM and fusebox got shoved over and now the new coolant reservoir sits in that spot - lower and more in the way than it was before. There is a new GIANT sound tube in the way on the left side...which is plugged into an intake that looks similar to the stock one on the last gens' but with more baffling. Even the damn fanshroud is moved closer to the front of the engine so even reaching your belts is one hell of a chore.

Good luck doing anything under the hood without needing to move 5 things to reach it. You'll likely need to remove the bumper or a handful of other things just to replace a headlight bulb. Swapping out sparkplugs is going to be a whole afternoon affair.

It'd have to be one hell of a damn deal for me to swap. Let's hope things align a bit better in a few model years...maybe we'll see another Mach 1 or Bullitt that will change some minds.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
I drove one today.

Frankly, yall seem to have hit the nail on the head already. It's overall a much nicer car...the interior is very sharp. I especially liked the toggle switches and that they moved the damn cupholder over. The new gauges and overall layout is very clean and well thought-out.

It just didn't feel like a mustang. Very refined but lacking that raw feel that we've been used to in our mustangs (inside and out).

The dealer let me take it out with a spin. I know the guy, so I got to play with it a little more than most people would be allowed. The new IRS does a fair job of taking the wiggle and jump out of the rear end over rougher pavement. Otherwise, it felt the same as my (still mostly stock suspension) '13 trackpack does.

The acceleration felt similar...my coyote is tuned, so a stock 5.0 is going to feel sluggish anyhow. The brakes felt the same, too. Shifting it felt like a stock MT82...lots of play, and finding 2nd in a hurry was difficult, 3rd also. The stock exhaust makes the 5.0 super quiet...can't help but wonder as to what extra was added to hush it up so much.

I was disappointed once I looked under the hood. It's the same ol' coyote, but they went and did some odd things to the engine bay...like, why is the strut tower brace routed to the firewall? The PCM and fusebox got shoved over and now the new coolant reservoir sits in that spot - lower and more in the way than it was before. There is a new GIANT sound tube in the way on the left side...which is plugged into an intake that looks similar to the stock one on the last gens' but with more baffling. Even the damn fanshroud is moved closer to the front of the engine so even reaching your belts is one hell of a chore.

Good luck doing anything under the hood without needing to move 5 things to reach it. You'll likely need to remove the bumper or a handful of other things just to replace a headlight bulb. Swapping out sparkplugs is going to be a whole afternoon affair.

It'd have to be one hell of a damn deal for me to swap. Let's hope things align a bit better in a few model years...maybe we'll see another Mach 1 or Bullitt that will change some minds.
Darn good write up sir. Thank you!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

My shelbys had a extra 90 lbs under the hood. ...

chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yep nice review. I put a fays2 watts link on my gt and it totally transformed the rear suspension dynamics. It is very predictable and planted.

BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Yep nice review. I put a fays2 watts link on my gt and it totally transformed the rear suspension dynamics. It is very predictable and planted.

Are you track racing?
Old 01-17-2015, 08:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Are you track racing?
Yep just for fun. Although, the watts was a huge improvement on the street too. My usual back roads corners went from oh sheet moments to oh wow moments.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep just for fun. Although, the watts was a huge improvement on the street too. My usual back roads corners went from oh sheet moments to oh wow moments.

How high is the roll center?

Tuned by AED
Old 01-17-2015, 09:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Have mine set one below the center.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have mine set one below the center.

If you measure from the ground up to the center pivot of the bell crank, that is the roll center. Then you need to know the height of the tires to compare with other mustangs. The same adjustment on a car with 28' tall tires is effectively higher than a car with say, 26" tall tires even though the pivot may be in the same place relative to the dimensional center line or center of gravity on the car.

Tuned by AED
Old 01-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have that number for you. I have been going by feel. I could measure it up if you like. I've been doing everything in stages going by feel on this car.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't have that number for you. I have been going by feel. I could measure it up if you like. I've been doing everything in stages going by feel on this car.

Just curious what you liked. You'll find that the lower the rear roll center the better the bite, but more body roll that must be resisted by roll couple. Higher roll centers will reduce body roll but the looser it will be.

Tuned by AED
Old 01-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #55
ME Bloodhound
Staff

IMO some of the most fun you can have with a car is while still going below the normal speed limit.

Like autocross. Even though you only get up to maybe 60-70mph it's lots of hard accelerating, hard braking, very hard and tight corners. And not to mention a lot of people slide their back ends from trying to come out of those tight corners too hard.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:35 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

i think the 13-14 look better IMO
Saint Patron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Just curious what you liked. You'll find that the lower the rear roll center the better the bite, but more body roll that must be resisted by roll couple. Higher roll centers will reduce body roll but the looser it will be.

I like rolls with sausage gravy and scrambled eggs

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Rollin' rollin' rollin', keep them dogies rollin'....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I for one, really wanted a 14 SS 1LE. But it was at least $6000 more than the deal I got on my 14 GT trackpack last August. I worked for a few months at a Ford dealer here in service and drove the 4 cyl turbo and pulled a new GT manual around the lot. It had terrible clutch chatter like a warped flywheel and it was normal! I didn't like how looking over the hood felt either. My best friend replaced his Boss with a 15 4 cyl turbo, and while he turns some awesome lap times at his local track, he says it's completely "sterile" about it. I will say the performance/track pack 15 GT is growing on me and is STILL cheaper than a 1LE SS, but I'm more of a GM guy deep down. They still are "only" offering $5k off on 15 Camaros and the new one promises to spank everything about it...... The 16 SS 1LE and Mustang GT performance pack will be a serious shoot out.
Many folks (myself included) pay too much attention to lap times posted by professional drivers. I've done one HPDE even in my Mustang and illustrated to myself that it's far better than me STOCK. It takes quite a while to be "better" than your car. So you might be faster in a 14 Mustang than a SS 1LE or 15 GT just because it suits your novice style better.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Lightning

I almost bought a Shelby 14 but it's a Mean Machine for a Daily Driver, so I went with GT w/tracpac. I'm Happy ! I also have a modded Lightning that will go sideways if your not ready for it, as a lot of young driver have found out the Hadd way (crashed)
GOTROD46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I'm putting my car back to stock and selling off all my parts. Then I'm buying a 2015.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Make sure u post and part out in classifieds

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BlackBetty2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Waiting for improvements to something that dosn't work now, ok I get that. But the 2015 Mustang GT works now. So I got one. I have 2,300 miles on it and its gets better and better the more I drive it. I've only had in a week and I drive it from Montana to Los Angeles California. Drove from 65 mph to 90 mph (once I got a 1,000 miles on it). I still averaged minimum 24 mpg up to 27 mpg. I'm pretty damn happy with the fuel mileage and it was with premium fuel at all times. This is on a 5.0 and it was a fun drive.
randyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyGT View Post
Waiting for improvements to something that dosn't work now, ok I get that. But the 2015 Mustang GT works now. So I got one. I have 2,300 miles on it and its gets better and better the more I drive it. I've only had in a week and I drive it from Montana to Los Angeles California. Drove from 65 mph to 90 mph (once I got a 1,000 miles on it). I still averaged minimum 24 mpg up to 27 mpg. I'm pretty damn happy with the fuel mileage and it was with premium fuel at all times. This is on a 5.0 and it was a fun drive.
Congrats on the new purchase! 😉

Have a great day!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:22 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
The back end of the newer Camaro is horrible. Do not like the new tail lights at all. JMO

You can make any car fast with money...

Come to think of it....I've never seen the back end of a Camaro.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lvsmc14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT