Lowering Springs and Ride Opinions Please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-13-2015, 12:44 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Lowering Springs and Ride Opinions Please

Newbie here a little info on myself, I had an 08 GTCS Vert that was already tricked out. I bought it and loved everything about it,But someone else did also and bought it off me.
So now I have a 2014 GTCS Vert and need to know what works best on her.
Im looking to lower it a noticeable amount but like most I don't want to make it ride like a log wagon. I know all springs will make the ride harsher.
So far Im looking at Steeda Sport, H&R SuperSport and Eibach Pro Kit and the Sportlines.
My car is not a Hot Rod just a top down date car with my wife.
What have you guys learned that you would share with me about these choices?
Thanks for your input
Eric
SGM 14 GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM 14 GTCS View Post
Newbie here a little info on myself, I had an 08 GTCS Vert that was already tricked out. I bought it and loved everything about it,But someone else did also and bought it off me.
So now I have a 2014 GTCS Vert and need to know what works best on her.
Im looking to lower it a noticeable amount but like most I don't want to make it ride like a log wagon. I know all springs will make the ride harsher.
So far Im looking at Steeda Sport, H&R SuperSport and Eibach Pro Kit and the Sportlines.
My car is not a Hot Rod just a top down date car with my wife.
What have you guys learned that you would share with me about these choices?
Thanks for your input
Eric
Hey Eric,

Welcome and congrats on your new pony! Good question and if you're looking for something that's not going to make you look like you're laying frame I would definitely take a look into the Eibach Pro-Kit:

Regarding the comfort level they're so soft my Mother didn't even notice when my Father lowered his (They're in their mid-60's as well)!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I hope this helps!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

Thanks Alex, Mid 60's who are you talking too Im only mid 50's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You definitely will not be disappointed in the Steeda Sport Springs (currently on sale!)

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Convertible Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8220 - Free Shipping!

Here are some reviews on these springs ... from members with convertibles:

Quote:
I installed these springs in my driveway and the installation was pretty straight forward. The drop my car got was perfect. The ride quality these springs give for a lowered vehicle is outstanding, well worth the price!! Happy customer!!!!
Quote:
I am very impressed with these springs. The drop is perfect in allowing the car to look more aggressive without looking ghetto. What I am most impressed with is the marriage of improved performance w/o extreme loss in ride quality. The lowering springs I put in my 2005 (not these) really gave me a rough ride ... a total pain for a daily driver. These really impress me. I am able to take a fast turn and the back end stays planted, but, I am also comfortable on the straightaways. Nice job - See more at: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Coupe Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8215 - Free Shipping!
Sale ends soon ... so order them quickly!

Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

You definitely will not be disappointed in the Steeda Sport Springs (currently on sale!)

Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Convertible Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8220 - Free Shipping!

Here are some reviews on these springs ... from members with convertibles:

Quote:
I installed these springs in my driveway and the installation was pretty straight forward. The drop my car got was perfect. The ride quality these springs give for a lowered vehicle is outstanding, well worth the price!! Happy customer!!!!
Quote:
I am very impressed with these springs. The drop is perfect in allowing the car to look more aggressive without looking ghetto. What I am most impressed with is the marriage of improved performance w/o extreme loss in ride quality. The lowering springs I put in my 2005 (not these) really gave me a rough ride ... a total pain for a daily driver. These really impress me. I am able to take a fast turn and the back end stays planted, but, I am also comfortable on the straightaways. Nice job - See more at: Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Coupe Sport Springs - Made in USA 555-8215 - Free Shipping!
Sale ends soon ... so order them quickly!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM 14 GTCS View Post
Thanks Alex, Mid 60's who are you talking too Im only mid 50's
Hey - I was just throwing it out there that it's comfy for them! As long as it's quiet, the ride isn't harsh, and they can get from Central PA to the Jersey Shore without needing to see a chiropractor they're happy!

If you're to have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let me know! I'm a Private Message away!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'm running steeda sport springs, steeda Panhard bar, an soon to be steeda upper strut mounts (hopefully they are not as difficult as I hear they are to install). Rides good so far for sure improves the cars suspension and cornering.
aftermath81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If you are looking for the best way to lower and nice ride then BAG it with AIRLIFT PERFORMANCE. If you have any ?s call JEREMY. Good install on CJPONY you can lower it or raise it any height you like. NO springs at all just air. LOVE mine!!!!
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I'm running the eibach prokit on my 14 gtcs and it rides the same as it did from the factory except less
Body roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak 14 View Post
If you are looking for the best way to lower and nice ride then BAG it with AIRLIFT PERFORMANCE. If you have any ?s call JEREMY. Good install on CJPONY you can lower it or raise it any height you like. NO springs at all just air. LOVE mine!!!!

If you wanna spend at least 4k lol....

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #10

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the feedback still on the fence.

Eric
Old 01-15-2015, 04:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Very pleased for far (after 6 weeks) with my Steeda sport springs and panhard bar.
BigCiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I had a stock 2011 5.0 and sold it a few months ago. I regretted that and started looking for another one, this time with a few more options like sync etc and 2011-2014. I drove two hours to test drive a used 2013 that obviously had aftermarket nice wheels and looked lowered in the dealer pics.
They couldn't or wouldn't tell me much more about the car until I got there and drove it.
I have no idea what the previous owner did to lower it or what was used but I can tell you....
I drove only two blocks and returned the car in disgust. The ride was unbearably harsh, scraped the pavement on slight bumps and felt like a junker.
See if you can drive or ride in someone else's lowered Mustang before you do it.
I've since bought a unmolested used 2014 and it rides amazing.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

4k is right. .lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
When it comes to springs it all depends on the spring rate. Most aftermarket springs aren't really that much stiffer than stock, but what you need to keep in mind is the shocks and struts are further compressed with lowering springs so that is usually where the ride comfort exits through your spine.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
i purchased my 14GT in September of last year. The car came with sportlines with factory struts and shocks. I highly recommend you do not use sportlines with factory shocks. the ride is ok til you hit a dip in the road. when you do the car gives a quick rebound on the bounce. i am trying to decide if i want to try and install new eibach shocks and struts or if i am gonna remove the sportlines and go with the complete pro kit and dampers.

i am searching all the messageboard trying to find the answer and have been searching for a couple of months.

a lot of people go with koni yellows for the adjustability so i am looking at those also.

i dont race or autocross so i am only lowering for looks.

Remember sportlines and factory shocks are a NO NO
DAJOKER07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #16

Thanks again for everyones input, I don't think Im going a major drop. My 08 was cool looking but tough on bad roads, my 14 stock is pretty nice compared.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Sounds like a 1.0in drop would be a nice compromise.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJOKER07 View Post
i purchased my 14GT in September of last year. The car came with sportlines with factory struts and shocks. I highly recommend you do not use sportlines with factory shocks. the ride is ok til you hit a dip in the road. when you do the car gives a quick rebound on the bounce. i am trying to decide if i want to try and install new eibach shocks and struts or if i am gonna remove the sportlines and go with the complete pro kit and dampers.

i am searching all the messageboard trying to find the answer and have been searching for a couple of months.

a lot of people go with koni yellows for the adjustability so i am looking at those also.

i dont race or autocross so i am only lowering for looks.

Remember sportlines and factory shocks are a NO NO

I lowered my car on only SR Performance Lowering Springs and I'm wondering if the way my car rides is the same or around the same as yours without different shocks and struts...defiantly agree on how when the road dips it is a bit rough but I'm used to it

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Looking to lower the rear only just an inch or 1.5". She has 20" on back only that came with her when purchased. I have used Ford Racing products in the past with my sold Lightning , but wanted more input for lowering springs. Thank you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT