Stock GT or Modify V6? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:45 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
GT500 Axle backs = $330 bucks... install them yourself easily = $0, just watch a youtube video on it.

Suspension = that's opening a whole can of worms. (opinions galore)

My recommendation would be to go with a Ford Racing complete kit. Its a matched kit from Ford Engineers who know the car better than anyone. AND when you go to sell your car, MOST people will appreciate you having a Ford kit, like this: Ford Racing Mustang Assembled Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping

Any other brand kit or mix matched suspension will be scrutinized by most buyers as modded and potentially a big negative.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2015, 01:12 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It really just depends on what you are going to do with it. I have a 2011 GT with the brembo brake package and its great on gas although Im sure the v6 would be better and gas has gotten really cheap so that probably wouldn't matter anyway. I was in the same dilemma when I got my GT because that was all I'd ever had. I had always had v8's and I wouldn't have been happy with a v6 but its all in preference. Its going to take a while longer to mod my GT than it would've taken to mod a v6 due to the difference in cost but I am super glad I got a v8 but either way you go will still be a good choice because they are both great cars.
2011BlackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by lion0432 View Post
I am planning to buy a 15 mustang and not sure which one should I get. If I get a GT, I won't have any money to modify it. Should I stick with GT, or save some money to modify a V6?
Let me break it down in simple terms

V6 = Good Performance
GT= More performance than V6
Boss= Even more Performance than GT
Gt500= Even more Performance than Boss.

So the only question is, how much performance do you want? There is your answer.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #39
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Let me break it down in simple terms

V6 = Good Performance
GT= More performance than V6
Boss= Even more Performance than GT
Gt500= Even more Performance than Boss.

So the only question is, how much performance do you want to buy? There is your answer.
fixed that for you....
Old 01-16-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
I owned 3cars back home, audi tt, hummer h3 and landrover dicovery. never have a muscle before. My budget is about 32k, 33k max. Dont wanna a 2.3....

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If your max is $33k...........I assume you're going to pay cash, or is this the amount you want to finance...............or is that the amount after you trade something in?????
If $33k is your max I would believe that most 15 GT's on a car lot would be between $36/42 unless you order a base GT which should be around $33k and change.
Also, don't forget that unless you are used to having 435hp under your right foot.................it can get out of hand very quickly.................
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
If your max is $33k...........I assume you're going to pay cash, or is this the amount you want to finance...............or is that the amount after you trade something in?????
If $33k is your max I would believe that most 15 GT's on a car lot would be between $36/42 unless you order a base GT which should be around $33k and change.
Also, don't forget that unless you are used to having 435hp under your right foot.................it can get out of hand very quickly.................
Im gonna pay cash. Ive done some search online, the price for base gt is under 31000 at my area. The one with performance package is33000

lion0432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:10 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
GT500 Axle backs = $330 bucks... install them yourself easily = $0, just watch a youtube video on it.

Suspension = that's opening a whole can of worms. (opinions galore)

My recommendation would be to go with a Ford Racing complete kit. Its a matched kit from Ford Engineers who know the car better than anyone. AND when you go to sell your car, MOST people will appreciate you having a Ford kit, like this: Ford Racing Mustang Assembled Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3A-MGTA (05-14 GT) - Free Shipping

Any other brand kit or mix matched suspension will be scrutinized by most buyers as modded and potentially a big negative.
I just purchased GT500 dual outlet mufflers and GT500 rear valance............I agree with you about having Ford parts on your Ford car. Now with that said Ford Racing Performance Parts are not all made by Ford. They are made by reputable vendors that comply to ISO9000:2015 and supply parts to FRPP with Ford's name on them and carry an FRPP part number. A lot of these parts are engineered by the vendor for Ford, but not actually engineered by Ford.
When looking at a mod'd used car I don't think it makes any difference who's parts are on it, as long as they are quality parts and have been put on the car with a goal in mind.
Another thing to keep in mind is that once you've mod'd your car it will be worth less............unless you sell it to a private party that is looking for exactly your type of car with the mod's you have done. So build the car you want to drive and if you are worried about resale value, either put the stock parts back on before you sell it, or be prepared to loose most of the money you have put into mod'ing your car..............IMHO
Old 01-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Im gonna pay cash. Ive done some search online, the price for base gt is under 31000 at my area. The one with performance package is33000

I guess I should come back East and buy a new car, the same car in the Northwest is $36 and change.
In that case buy the GT with the PP and you won't need to mod it for awhile.............spend that time getting used to over 400hp under your right foot.
Just a side note is that with 3:73's and the 6spd I get around 18/19mpg in the city driving around using the first 4 gears only (depending on how my right foot feels it can be less) and a little over 23mpg on the highway at 70mph.....which is 2250rpm in 6th.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
fixed that for you....
Sorry. Your right. How much power do you want to buy? Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you can afford to pay 33k cash why not finance 5k and get the Track Pack GT? I am sure you would get a hell of an interest rate putting down 85%

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
If you can afford to pay 33k cash why not finance 5k and get the Track Pack GT? I am sure you would get a hell of an interest rate putting down 85%

Well..I dont think I can finance it because i dont have a ssn number or credit history yet..

Old 01-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Well..I dont think I can finance it because i dont have a ssn number or credit history yet..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	173658  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:37 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And you can't purchase through a dealer because any cash transaction over $10,000 has to be reported or supposed to be.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

They don't call it a Track Package any more, it's a GT Performance Package and looks to have everything a TrackPak option had except the oil cooler........and it comes with staggered tires and wheels...............very cool.......I wonder how much they'd give me for my 2014?
Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
And you can't purchase through a dealer because any cash transaction over $10,000 has to be reported or supposed to be.

Just don't bring cash, just hand them a check..........or Cashiers Check, or just you can bring in a briefcase full of cash.....although that would get their attention real quick.
Kind of the same as any bank you take $10k cash or check into for deposit in your account.............anything over $10k they have to report it to IRS............but if you bring in $9,500 know body knows or cares. You don't need to ask me how I know.....I just know.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Who carries 31K to 33K in cash....

Oh good luck with the dealership taking cash my brother tried to buy two trucks via cash from two separate Ford dealers everyone wants to finance them now....
Old 01-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
Who carries 31K to 33K in cash....

Oh good luck with the dealership taking cash my brother tried to buy two trucks via cash from two separate Ford dealers everyone wants to finance them now....

Dealerships don't care if it's finance or cash because either way they get paid. Although Most dealerships prefer to finance because they get a kick back from the finance institution.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
My mom recieved a insurance check from her mothers death..11k. I joked with mom how she should cash it and put it in a shiny metal briefcase like in the movies.
She actually did that, without my knowledge and passed away herself shortly after and left it to me. She was terminally ill and did it as a sentimental and yet funny thing for me.
I'll never forget that and how all that cash looked in a shiny aluminum briefcase.
Thank you mom.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Dealerships don't care if it's finance or cash because either way they get paid. Although Most dealerships prefer to finance because they get a kick back from the finance institution.

They, the two dealerships that will remain unamed, flat out refused to take cash....
Old 01-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
My mom recieved a insurance check from her mothers death..11k. I joked with mom how she should cash it and put it in a shiny metal briefcase like in the movies.
She actually did that, without my knowledge and passed away herself shortly after and left it to me. She was terminally ill and did it as a sentimental and yet funny thing for me.
I'll never forget that and how all that cash looked in a shiny aluminum briefcase.
Thank you mom.
Sorry to hear you mom passed. That was a real cool and thoughtful thing that she did for you.
I told my kids along time ago that when I pass they shouldn't plan on much money because I plan on spending it before I leave..................well on my way.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:39 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Stock GT or Modify V6?

-_-
Old 01-17-2015, 12:53 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I say GT but then again, I like the power, torque, and sound of a V8. I also don't like or use most of the fancy gadgets that most loaded cars come with and they usually end up costing me more money when they break down in the future.

My last car was a supercharged V6 that was fully loaded and while it was a fun car to drive, I always wanted more power and the sound of a V8 and is why I bought my base model 14 GT. I drive the Mustang way more than I ever drove my previous car. I had the other car for almost 4 years and only put about 12,000 miles on it during that time. I've had the mustang for almost a year and half and have put 10,700 miles on it.

Only you can decide what aspects of the car is most important to you.

Wayne
Old 01-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Number one: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curre...saction_report

CTR. Anything over 9,999.99.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

And they will freeze your bank accounts too! I had it happen to me before! So if you wheel and deal a lot and have a lot of cash movement be aware

Old 01-18-2015, 11:23 AM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Number one: Currency transaction report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CTR. Anything over 9,999.99.

Quote:
And they will freeze your bank accounts too! I had it happen to me before! So if you wheel and deal a lot and have a lot of cash movement be aware

Moral to that story is to have multiple bank accounts and never deposit more than $9k in each bank account per day, per day being a key phrase here.
I just sold my drag race car, tow vehicle and trailer for $$$$$, asked the people to either give me cash or Cashiers checks and each check be less than $10k...................now paying for something other than a private transaction...........that's another story.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
For me it starts with the maths. I was buying a loaded car anyway and I live in an affluent area not really hit by the global economic crisis so, it won't be a shoestring budget, no matter what I bought.

Hmmm...Let's take a loaded up weight w. fluids and driver of about 3800.

3800/412=9 lb per horse....3800/305=12 lb per horse...fun starts under 10 for me, frankly.

Then there is the seductive howl of the V8, the fact I was able to get the car loaded to the max (bar glass roof) at a big discount b/c I bought at year end, the fact I've had 4 Mustangs, all 5.0, there was no option for me really.

I dropped my last car b/c, even though it was scary fast for what it was (a Speed 3 with 300 whp), it was wrong wheel drive and sounded like, well, a muted 4 banger, even with catless exhaust.

Then there's the fact that on basically a mild tune and a sticky tire, my '12 ran an 11.9 at 115. That's interesting enough.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
They, the two dealerships that will remain unamed, flat out refused to take cash....

Can you blame them? With how good some counterfeit bills can be it would be a huge risk accepting 30 k cash.
When I sell a used cars I'm nervous accepting 2-3 grand in cash.

When I said cash I meant certified bank check. Generally you can get a better deal financing with the dealer instead of coming in with cashiers check/ outside financing as dealers get a kick back for financing from the credit institutions they use

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Can you blame them? With how good some counterfeit bills can be it would be a huge risk accepting 30 k cash.

When I said cash I meant certified bank check. Generally you can get a better deal financing with the dealer instead of coming in with cashiers check/ outside financing as dealers get a kick back for financing from the credit institutions they use
If you're financing.... look around at a few places like Bankrate.com for the best rates on auto loans, etc.. ahead of time. (like if you were trading in your car you should check KBB.com for your car value first)

Last time I was going to finance.... before I went in to the dealership I asked them over the phone what rates they could do for the best credit scores and they said around 3.75%. But since I knew the rate should be at least 1% lower, I told them if they weren't closer to 2.75% I'd be bringing my own financing. Suddenly they tell me they should be able to get me 2.57% on a 60 month.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I guess I understand from the Dealer's point of view accepting cash.
I have bought quite a few new cars from dealers, but have yet to find one that would give me a better financing deal than I found outside of the dealer.
As a private party I've been selling cars and parts all over the world...........my drag car is now in New Zealand.........my restored 68Z28 in Sweden........my Model A hotrod in Finland, and have always accepted cash...........10 times more than what you mentioned and have never had an issue with counterfeit money, but then again I had a lot of information on the perspective purchaser. I've also had money transferred from a bank outside the USA and even had "letters of credit" with no problems. I think if you take enough precautions you can avoid any money issues....................IMHO
Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Moral to that story is to have multiple bank accounts and never deposit more than $9k in each bank account per day, per day being a key phrase here.
I just sold my drag race car, tow vehicle and trailer for $$$$$, asked the people to either give me cash or Cashiers checks and each check be less than $10k...................now paying for something other than a private transaction...........that's another story.
This is called structuring and is illegal. It is also 24 hours as the "rule" and most places are so afraid of the consequences, even every other day can get you hooked up on a SAR or CTR. Don't ask about these, or they will report you regardless. As long as you're not a criminal, I just wouldn't worry about it.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
This is called structuring and is illegal. It is also 24 hours as the "rule" and most places are so afraid of the consequences, even every other day can get you hooked up on a SAR or CTR. Don't ask about these, or they will report you regardless. As long as you're not a criminal, I just wouldn't worry about it.

Guess it's a good thing I'm not a criminal.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Ill say I love the s197 V6 cars. I think they are an impressive machine and they sound straight evil for the price.

That being said, just get the v8. THey are what you want to be in when its time to put the peddle to the metal. The V8s get good mileage anyways these days, and the extra insurance money is totally worth the extra horsepower that you get every month
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Checkout my V6 to V8 Swap thread, it will help...

Swapped V8 out from my V6 -~$7.5k

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys! Just bought a GT with performance package!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Thanks guys! Just bought a GT with performance package!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
How about some pictures?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT