Supercharger for DD (auto) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
That's not fair. He's just giving feedback on what has worked for him. Something we all can be accused of myself included.

That's exactly why I recommended the vmp kit, it works for me and it was an easy install. Then you get bashed for recommending something you think is a good product. Not that I care about that though. It happens on all these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The VMP/Roush blowers are more factory looking and an easier install with less maintenance.

But if I were going F/I I'd go the Paxton/Vortech route. Less stress on the motor as it builds boost rather an instance hit.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I would like trying out a vortech. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
No one has even suggested a hellion twin kit. Is there a reason? Thats really where my heart is at. I've had a P1SC on my 2002 then a D1SC and then a KB2.6. But for the 13 I feel like I would be happier with a turbo, even though I am manual.

Is the only reason because he asked about a supercharger for DD?
MOOSEDAWG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
The VMP/Roush blowers are more factory looking and an easier install with less maintenance.

But if I were going F/I I'd go the Paxton/Vortech route. Less stress on the motor as it builds boost rather an instance hit.

That is very true. And I would've went the vortech or Paxton route if I ran my car harder than I do. I usually drive it like a normal person. Every now and then I get a wild hair and run it fast haha.

WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Google fluid turbos

Old 01-25-2015, 03:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Google fluid turbos

Last time I was on their site, they didn't even have their kit for sale yet. Those are the power by the hour or lund racing setup isn't it?
MOOSEDAWG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yes lund. ..

Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSEDAWG29 View Post
No one has even suggested a hellion twin kit. Is there a reason? Thats really where my heart is at. I've had a P1SC on my 2002 then a D1SC and then a KB2.6. But for the 13 I feel like I would be happier with a turbo, even though I am manual.

Is the only reason because he asked about a supercharger for DD?
Bc the thread is " supercharger for a DD"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
That's not fair. He's just giving feedback on what has worked for him. Something we all can be accused of myself included.

He didn't recommend his set up, he bashed a vendor for giving a recommendation. Such a dick move. It's one thing to recommend a set up that you have, but it's another to bash someone for recommending something else. Only ******** do that. And if you compare and contrast...the only time I'm a dick on here is when someone else is being a dick for no reason, or when a manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product.

Point blank...what deer slayer posted in response to jay was a little ***** move. Jay has always provided great and unbiased feedback here. So yeah...you can call me whatever you want or think whatever you want. I don't think his video he posted was called for.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Huitt06, good luck on deciding on a supercharger. They ALL work well on the coyote platform. Sorry for some people cat herding on your thread. m03 check "statistics" on each of our profiles on "threads started by" and do a little compare and contrast.......
If you still want to get personal, PM me

Dude you're the one that hoarded his thread. You had to post that video after a vendor chimed in like he was trying to push his product. Get over yourself.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
He didn't recommend his set up, he bashed a vendor for giving a recommendation. Such a dick move. It's one thing to recommend a set up that you have, but it's another to bash someone for recommending something else. Only ******** do that. And if you compare and contrast...the only time I'm a dick on here is when someone else is being a dick for no reason, or when a manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product.

Point blank...what deer slayer posted in response to jay was a little ***** move. Jay has always provided great and unbiased feedback here. So yeah...you can call me whatever you want or think whatever you want. I don't think his video he posted was called for.
Okay, point taken.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Like I always bring up, its all in the goals of said person. I try not to get in heated debates with others regarding different setups, but I also don't like someone calling me a parts pusher when I've clearly helped plenty on here. As you've noticed I'm not posting on every thread repeating myself saying "PM me for a price". So to try and call me out and then push another company is hypocritical, if you have an issue with me I suggest you pm me.

Cali, the VMP kit is a stout kit for sure. The head units are "slightly" different and the cooling via the intake manifold is still the same. The H/E does help the system's IAT's and allows you to maintain decent HP a little longer. But my main point between the kits remain, if you *don't* plan on building your bottom end the Roush kit will work just fine, both (actually every kit) has the ability to pop your motor.

The centri kits, again, we sell them and yes they're cheap. I would tell someone to personally install a TVS or Whipple ... then install a Centri, you'll see why there's a price difference but don't get me wrong, they service their purpose. Heck, we'll be putting one on our 15 to test out.

I always see heated debates between the different systems, if you (the OP) have the ability to test drive or at the very least, ride in some cars with different setups I would.

For the Hellion TT setup, other than the fact they cost about 3k more, its an awesome system. If you don't mind removing your front sway bar I'd recommend getting the JPC single turbo kit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT