Boss Intake/Airraid intake and throttle body question Plus Drivetrain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Boss Intake/Airraid intake and throttle body question Plus Drivetrain

Tax time! LOL. Getting ready to do some more modding. Here is what I plan on getting. Below are a couple questions I could really use some help on.

Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exedy Lightweight racing flywheel
Exedy Mach 600 Stage 4 Clutch
McLoud Performance Clutch line upgrade
Blowfish Racing Shifter support
Boss Intake manifold
Boss intake Install kit
BBK throttle body
SOS Performance distributors

I am on the fence/questions about 3 things:
1. Is the install kit for intake necessary or just make it easier?
2. 85 or 90mm Throttle body? End plan is Vortech SC. Just wait till I am ready to get that?
3. SOS Distributors worth it or can those wait until I get the Vortech?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Tax time! LOL. Getting ready to do some more modding. Here is what I plan on getting. Below are a couple questions I could really use some help on.

Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft
Exedy Lightweight racing flywheel
Exedy Mach 600 Stage 4 Clutch
McLoud Performance Clutch line upgrade
Blowfish Racing Shifter support
Boss Intake manifold
Boss intake Install kit Not needed
BBK throttle body Not needed
SOS Performance distributors You don't have a distributor

I am on the fence/questions about 3 things:
1. Is the install kit for intake necessary or just make it easier? Not necessary
2. 85 or 90mm Throttle body? End plan is Vortech SC. Just wait till I am ready to get that? Waste of money
3. SOS Distributors worth it or can those wait until I get the Vortech?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yes, your right. They do call the distributors on site but meant coils.

As for throttle body is it a waste now or even when I get the Vortech?

OH... one more... wil the Airraid CAI marry with the Boss ok (angle and such)
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was told the TB was a waste, but it has worked great with this setup and I really liked it NA with the Boss IM. I bought it with the Boss IM, so the price made it a no-brainer. I did not have a dyno to compare the with/without, but I do know the throttle response did improve over the stock TB.
When forcing air, I don't think you can go wrong going big in/ big out so if you look to go with a Centri, I think it really shines then. Personally I would shop around. You can get a really good deal on a used 90mm TB opposed to spending six hundred on a new one. There are always quite a few available and it is not a part that "wears" so a nice used one is as good as a new one.
If you look at HP/$ , the TB is probably not going to shine compared to other power adders HP/$ but it all depends on where you want to go with your build.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Only thing is the boss manifold is only a 85mm opening. So unless you get the manifold ported the 90mm is a waste. (realistically)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

^^Good point. It cost me about 250, so it was worth it for the throttle response IMHO. I was told by Terry @ TBR and others that the stock TB was fine to run if you are not trying to go stupid high with your HP
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 01-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
^^Good point. It cost me about 250, so it was worth it for the throttle response IMHO. I was told by Terry @ TBR and others that the stock TB was fine to run if you are not trying to go stupid high with your HP
Thanks. I am really shooting for a similar set up to your but budget is always an issue. Think I will shoot for the 85mm but wait until I get the Vortech depending on funds when pull the trigger on the rest. What do you do about spark? Do you have SOS or Acel? Stock coils?
Old 01-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

This car has the stock coils but running Brisk Racing Plugs one step cooler.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT