Getting all these next month. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Well that brake system comes as a full kit.

Ford Racing Brembo 6-Piston Mustang Brake Upgrade Kit - 15in Rotor M-2300-T (05-14 GT, Bullitt, Boss, GT500) - Free Shipping

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
For less than $400 you can upgrade your rear brakes to the 14" rotors (13.8") by using GT500 rear rotors and caliper mount. The single piston caliper is almost identical on the GT500 and 13/14 Mustang. Remember, just because you have 6 pistons instead of 4 doesn't mean the front brake is going to work that much better than a 4 piston, it's the area of pistons that exert the force....and 6 pistons are quite a lot smaller. Just seems like overkill to me..............but it's your car and money.
In September I'll report back on changing to the 14" rear rotors and using my standard Brembo 14''s in front. I will be changing fluid and pads for the 90 mile road race though.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
For less than $400 you can upgrade your rear brakes to the 14" rotors (13.8") by using GT500 rear rotors and caliper mount. The single piston caliper is almost identical on the GT500 and 13/14 Mustang. Remember, just because you have 6 pistons instead of 4 doesn't mean the front brake is going to work that much better than a 4 piston, it's the area of pistons that exert the force....and 6 pistons are quite a lot smaller. Just seems like overkill to me..............but it's your car and money.
In September I'll report back on changing to the 14" rear rotors and using my standard Brembo 14''s in front. I will be changing fluid and pads for the 90 mile road race though.
Ahhh. I'm going to look on AM when I get home to see how to apply this. It will save me a lot of money.

Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:58 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Ahhh. I'm going to look on AM when I get home to see how to apply this. It will save me a lot of money.

You have the forum discount code right?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
You have the forum discount code right?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Updated list and a question.

Lund tune
Barton Industries Short Shifter and Two-Post Bracket - MT-82 (11-14 GT, V6)
AMR Charcoal Wheel - 20x10
Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire - 255/35-20
Shifter Base Gasket - MT-82
GT500 Style Rear Spoiler - Pre-painted
BMR Panhard Bar Relocation Bracket (05-14 All)
BMR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar - Red (05-14 All)
BMR Rear Lower Control Arms - Poly Bushings (05-14 All)
BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (05-14 All)
BMR Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm - Poly Bushing (11-14 All)
BMR Rear Upper Control Arm Mount (05-10 All)
Ford Racing Brembo 6-Piston Brake Upgrade Kit - 15 in. Rotor (05-14 GT, Bullitt, Boss, GT500)
Grabber Blue Racing Strips.

Now the question. Should I get springs, shocks, and struts, or just get something like a ford racing suspension kit and drop all the BMR stuff?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 01-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The BMR products are some of the best made stuff going. That's what you want.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:52 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Your list is pretty sick man, you're going to have one sick pony! Just a few suggestions if cash is not a problem for you:

1) get MGWs new race spec shifter instead. You will be much happier down the road. Also stainless steel clutch lines

2) get a staggered tire setup. 255s for front and 285 for rear (AM can easily do that for you)

3) are you planning on changing your exhaust too? Roush is a favorite for vast majority of members on this forum. However, if you don't like it too loud, get magnaflow cat back with catted x pipe.

4) what kind of lower rate are you looking to get for your car? For the price, SR springs can't be beat. Pair them with Koni orange shocks n struts on all 4 corners. Once you have installed all of your suspension components, drive it for a week and get an alignment done from a pro shop.

5) if cash is still not a problem then kooks headers - 17/8' primaries with 3' collectors. They will really wake up your pony!!
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Your list is pretty sick man, you're going to have one sick pony! Just a few suggestions if cash is not a problem for you:

1) get MGWs new race spec shifter instead. You will be much happier down the road. Also stainless steel clutch lines

2) get a staggered tire setup. 255s for front and 285 for rear (AM can easily do that for you)

3) are you planning on changing your exhaust too? Roush is a favorite for vast majority of members on this forum. However, if you don't like it too loud, get magnaflow cat back with catted x pipe.

4) what kind of lower rate are you looking to get for your car? For the price, SR springs can't be beat. Pair them with Koni orange shocks n struts on all 4 corners. Once you have installed all of your suspension components, drive it for a week and get an alignment done from a pro shop.

5) if cash is still not a problem then kooks headers - 17/8' primaries with 3' collectors. They will really wake up your pony!!
1)I'll look into the shifter because I originally was going to get the ford racing shifter but found out the barton was the same just cheaper.

2)I'll look at my shopping cart and see if i can switch things around. I've wanted a staggered setup for a while. Also AM doesn't have 285 Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires. They have 275 and 305.

3)I already have classic Flowmaster 40 series exhaust that I managed to pick up off someone for $75. So i'll wait on the exhaust and get the borla attak exhaust later. Also I like my exhaust loud.

4) I used to want a 1.5in drop. Now i'm leaning toward a 1in drop. But 1.5in isn't out of the question. I'll just have to change how I drive a bit.

5)I'm going to wait until after my deployment to hit up big engine upgrades. I'm leaning toward supercharging it when I get back.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
The BMR products are some of the best made stuff going. That's what you want.
Nice to hear. I'll stick with them then.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Are these the springs, shocks, and struts you're talking about?

SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe 53151 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

Will I have to buy two sets of these or is this all I need for all four corners?
KONI Adjustable Mustang Shock & Strut Kit 101611 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping
Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1)I'll look into the shifter because I originally was going to get the ford racing shifter but found out the barton was the same just cheaper.

2)I'll look at my shopping cart and see if i can switch things around. I've wanted a staggered setup for a while. Also AM doesn't have 285 Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires. They have 275 and 305.

3)I already have classic Flowmaster 40 series exhaust that I managed to pick up off someone for $75. So i'll wait on the exhaust and get the borla attak exhaust later. Also I like my exhaust loud.

4) I used to want a 1.5in drop. Now i'm leaning toward a 1in drop. But 1.5in isn't out of the question. I'll just have to change how I drive a bit.

5)I'm going to wait until after my deployment to hit up big engine upgrades. I'm leaning toward supercharging it when I get back.
You can find 285 mickey Thompson's cheaper on summit than what AM sells em for ($279?).. I'm hoping AM would price match it for sure.

1.5" drop isn't bad, actually perfect since you're going all out on suspension.

The shocks and struts you listed are adjustable kind (yellows), you dont necessarily need em unless its sole purpose track car. I couldn't find orange ones as a kit (non adjustable).. But here you go http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Ko...ang-P1455.aspx
Old 01-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can find 285 mickey Thompson's cheaper on summit than what AM sells em for ($279?).. I'm hoping AM would price match it for sure.

1.5" drop isn't bad, actually perfect since you're going all out on suspension.

The shocks and struts you listed are adjustable kind (yellows), you dont necessarily need em unless its sole purpose track car. I couldn't find orange ones as a kit (non adjustable).. But here you go Koni Package, STR.T Struts & Shocks, 2011-2014 Mustang
Would I need to buy two sets of those orange ones you posted? Ok I see now. Shocks go in the front and struts in the back. So i'll need two of each part and not four.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would I need to buy two sets of those orange ones you posted? Ok I see now. Shocks go in the front and struts in the back. So i'll need two of each part and not four.
Yeah, but its a complete kit - everything you would need. Oh and idk if you have added camber bolts to your list? They're meant for correcting geometry on your front end.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Are these the springs, shocks, and struts you're talking about?

SR Performance Mustang Lowering Springs - Coupe 53151 (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

Will I have to buy two sets of these or is this all I need for all four corners?
KONI Adjustable Mustang Shock & Strut Kit 101611 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping
You've got an impressive list and a lot work ahead of you.
What are you going to use the car for?
Although there are a lot of guys who track their car (I plan to do that along with autocross it) why do you want to got with 20's. The unsprung weight makes it a little harder to setup the suspension for different tracks.........unless you just plan to run on one specific track. I will go back to 19" although the tire selections are not as varied, but going with 9.5" in the front and 11's in the rear should give me what I want with adjustable shocks/struts and adjustable sway bars.
I chose Eibach springs only because I've used them on other cars and my 97 Cobra............on that car I used Steeda, FPF, Eibach and finally went to Maximum Motorsports which gave the Cobra just over 1.1g on the skid pad(on my 14 I'll be shooting for 1.2g) even with my 17" GoodYears on FPF wheels.
Quite a few road race Mustangs are currently using 18" wheels on the newer Mustangs and using 11" or wider rear tires.
With that said the MM springs are a little lower in front, about the same as my Eibach Sportlines. A little lower in front will give you a little more stability above 120/130mph..........as I found my 14 going light at this speed (but I've got stock TrakPak struts/swaybars and upper strut supports) and this needs to be address before September.
So, if you're looking for a nice all around driver I think the springs you've choosen should be ok, I'm not familiar with SR.
If you don't like the springs they are easy enough to change...or if you really want to step up your game, going with coilovers on all four corners would give just about any setting for doing anything from drag racing to road racing and even autocrossing, but the cost isn't that much more than buying struts/shocks and lowering springs.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:49 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
You've got an impressive list and a lot work ahead of you.
What are you going to use the car for?
Although there are a lot of guys who track their car (I plan to do that along with autocross it) why do you want to got with 20's. The unsprung weight makes it a little harder to setup the suspension for different tracks.........unless you just plan to run on one specific track. I will go back to 19" although the tire selections are not as varied, but going with 9.5" in the front and 11's in the rear should give me what I want with adjustable shocks/struts and adjustable sway bars.
I chose Eibach springs only because I've used them on other cars and my 97 Cobra............on that car I used Steeda, FPF, Eibach and finally went to Maximum Motorsports which gave the Cobra just over 1.1g on the skid pad(on my 14 I'll be shooting for 1.2g) even with my 17" GoodYears on FPF wheels.
Quite a few road race Mustangs are currently using 18" wheels on the newer Mustangs and using 11" or wider rear tires.
With that said the MM springs are a little lower in front, about the same as my Eibach Sportlines. A little lower in front will give you a little more stability above 120/130mph..........as I found my 14 going light at this speed (but I've got stock TrakPak struts/swaybars and upper strut supports) and this needs to be address before September.
So, if you're looking for a nice all around driver I think the springs you've choosen should be ok, I'm not familiar with SR.
If you don't like the springs they are easy enough to change...or if you really want to step up your game, going with coilovers on all four corners would give just about any setting for doing anything from drag racing to road racing and even autocrossing, but the cost isn't that much more than buying struts/shocks and lowering springs.
Actually it's just a daily driver. lol
Old 01-31-2015, 10:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, but its a complete kit - everything you would need. Oh and idk if you have added camber bolts to your list? They're meant for correcting geometry on your front end.
You talking about these?

J&M Adjustable Mustang Caster Camber Plates 24221 (11-14 All) - Free Shipping
Old 01-31-2015, 10:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nope, these are camber plates. Get em only if you're a perfectionist. However, for a mere 1.5" drop I'd just stick with camber bolts - they cost like 30-35 bucks.

PS: I see your car is going to be a DD, you might not need shocks, struts, and UCAs after all. I mean they wouldn't hurt, but for a street setup you don't 'really need those' IMO. Save cash and maybe do a gt500 front end conversion if you feel like it. Be much meaner!
Old 02-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I bought the high dollar items first. This week I plan on getting all this here. I changed out the SR springs for the ford racing K springs. Should I add front and rear sway bars to this list since I'm getting all this done at the same time?

Barton Industries Short Shifter and Two-Post Bracket - MT-82 (11-14 GT, V6)
Shifter Base Gasket - MT-82
BMR Panhard Bar Relocation Bracket (05-14 All)
BMR Double Adjustable Panhard Bar - Red (05-14 All)
BMR Rear Lower Control Arms - Poly Bushings (05-14 All)
BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (05-14 All)
BMR Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm - Poly Bushing (11-14 All)
BMR Rear Upper Control Arm Mount (05-10 All)
Ford Racing Lowering K-Springs - Coupe (05-14 GT)
MMD Bolt On Hood Strut Kit - Black (05-14 All)

Old 02-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats man, I don't think you are going to need sway bars since it is going to be your street car.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Nope, these are camber plates. Get em only if you're a perfectionist. However, for a mere 1.5" drop I'd just stick with camber bolts - they cost like 30-35 bucks.

PS: I see your car is going to be a DD, you might not need shocks, struts, and UCAs after all. I mean they wouldn't hurt, but for a street setup you don't 'really need those' IMO. Save cash and maybe do a gt500 front end conversion if you feel like it. Be much meaner!

I did the camber bolts 8 months ago on my DD no issues never even needed alignment.

2014 Deep Impact Blue GT
BAMA Tune
BBK Cold Air
BMR LCA's
18x8 Centerline Qualifier w 245/45/18 yokohoma 580
18x9.5 Centerline Qualifier w 285/40/18 yokohoma Advan Sport
Borla Axlebacks
Blu13stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT