Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My 13 GT Front End Conversion ?

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  davesnothere 
#1 ·
So these past few months I've been working on and modding my car like a champ and the cobra front end is coming together. Opinions? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Automotive design

Before

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automobile repair shop

Automotive exterior Vehicle Grille Bumper Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle

I have my 3 piece lower valance, and I'm gonna receive my splitter soon. My fog lights I'm ordering from sw-lights

He makes awesome plug and play lighting harnesses and setups at decent pricing. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Grille

Owner and Photographer: Dillon Shand

Lights: sw-lights

I just need my bumper support removed and bumper repainted and I'll be gucci.

One Slow 5oh..

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think so Devil Strider, not if he doesn't leave the cobra badge on. Mhsupreme, I did the same thing. Lookin good! Just FYI Ford does sell the factory fog lights and plug and play wiring for em. They simply plug into the harness that went to your factory fog lights you will no longer have. Works off factory light switch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I purposely left off the badging. I have something else to go there. I love the look of it. But that's funny bro. Haha

And yeah I appreciate that urmaster! That's awesome, I knew they made harnesses but I figured they were more expensive than plug and play harnesses with a 5000k hid kit for your fogs. They will also work with the factory rotary turn switch.

One Slow 5oh..

#3 ·
I don't think so Devil Strider, not if he doesn't leave the cobra badge on. Mhsupreme, I did the same thing. Lookin good! Just FYI Ford does sell the factory fog lights and plug and play wiring for em. They simply plug into the harness that went to your factory fog lights you will no longer have. Works off factory light switch.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
I don't think there is anything wrong with putting a cobra front end on a GT. If we used that logic then I guess we shouldn't use cobra wings, wheels ect. I would love to throw a gt500 hood on my gt. The day I find one in the correct color and have the cash I will prob do it. Your car looks nice man. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Ricer to me is a V6 mustang with cobra badging and an un-painted body kit that's half hanging off and a fart can exhaust poking out the back with a giant wing made from an old bleacher bench. No offense to those people. Lol.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver :)

#8 ·
looks awesome man!!!! and I don't see this as "domestic rice" at all personally, I mean we put GT500 spoilers on our cars and we don't see it that way, as said long as the badge isn't in place, I don't see the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I know someone who did the nose of his GT and he came up with a good way to badge it. Took a 5.0 side emblem and cut it and placed it where the Cobra Snake was. I think it looks sharp.

#11 ·
I appreciate all the support guys! I know what posing is and I'm not about it! I just really like the gt500 front end, I'm not doing the quad exhaust, and without fabricating I wouldn't be able to make the gt500 spoiler happen because of my camera. So no up badging here ? and a solid v8 with minor bolt ons and serious exhaust is not my category of "ricer." Haha but yeah that's Eric Rocks car I believe. Bagged and boosted, he nailed it.

One Slow 5oh..

#20 ·
I appreciate all the support guys! I know what posing is and I'm not about it! I just really like the gt500 front end, I'm not doing the quad exhaust, and without fabricating I wouldn't be able to make the gt500 spoiler happen because of my camera. So no up badging here ? and a solid v8 with minor bolt ons and serious exhaust is not my category of "ricer." Haha but yeah that's Eric Rocks car I believe. Bagged and boosted, he nailed it. One Slow 5oh..
Totally agree. I put a GT front end and GT500 rear valance on my V6 because I like the way it looks. Got big 3.7 badges on the fenders though. Mhsupreme, yours looks great.

#12 ·
Yep. I think he sold it tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.