Carbotech Pads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Carbotech Pads

Has anyone run Carbotech brake pads? Either as a daily or just swapped out for track days. It's about time for me to replace my pads and I'm wondering if I should just replace when I go to track days (about 4 times a year on road courses). Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Have you run your car on the track yet? I run mine 2 times a month on stock brembo and fluid and have not had issue although I brake easy. If you have not been on the track I would run what you have and see. Setting up our cars with carbotech and front rotors with fluid is about 700 bucks and not the best choice for daily use. I will add the vorshlag brake duct kit to control heat until I start to get fade issues and address it then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

You could likely get a high performance street pad as well keeping good daily drivability with an increase in heat resistance. If you have the cash carbotech and rotors for the track and your old rotors and street pads for daily.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Yeah I think I'll get some decent daily pads, track once, and if I'm satisfied stick with them. If not, I'll get some Carbotech pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I was looking for a good dual purpose pad and really there is no such animal. What I found that I will likely try is the power stop z 26 extreme pads front and rear. Says on their website the resist fade to 1500 degrees while being a great street pad. Talked with their tech support and that was an experience. AM sells them and about 140 for front and rear brembo car. With the price and the fade claim it would likely be a good option for random track days.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I would never recommend running stock pads on a GT (even the brembo gt). I have about 70 horsepower less than a base GT, Brembos from a wrecked Boss, I weigh less than 3500 pounds with a full tank and driver, and I did four laps of NCCAR before the stock pads were on the backing plates. I daily on my carbotechs, they are a bit noisy, very dusty, and below about sixty mph, you really have to push the brake pedal (not very grabby without enough heat).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jande063 View Post
I would never recommend running stock pads on a GT (even the brembo gt). I have about 70 horsepower less than a base GT, Brembos from a wrecked Boss, I weigh less than 3500 pounds with a full tank and driver, and I did four laps of NCCAR before the stock pads were on the backing plates. I daily on my carbotechs, they are a bit noisy, very dusty, and below about sixty mph, you really have to push the brake pedal (not very grabby without enough heat).
Speaking in depth with vorshlag about carbotech they strongly advise against street use because they will wear quickly not getting to optimum operating temps. I run the stock stuff two times a month for 180 miles each session and still have plenty left. It is best to have a set of track and daily. I would not run them on the street after talking with them. Glad it's a good fit for you. We are not competition based just hpde guys

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT