Rear ended on the way to work... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
^lol you rock. You aught to Baja that bad boy. Well I'd hate to see you hurt your back anymore than it already is.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
That "insurance agent" sounds like an idiot. You can say you are anything over the Internet.

Heck, I can say that I'm a professional racer, doesn't mean it's true.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^lol you rock. You aught to Baja that bad boy. Well I'd hate to see you hurt your back anymore than it already is.

Are those 20's? Nope. They're 14's but I keep em clean. It was the Hyundai or a minivan.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

And speak for yourself. Because I am a professional race car driver. Didn't you see the Hyundai? That's proof enough.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
And speak for yourself. Because I am a professional race car driver. Didn't you see the Hyundai? That's proof enough.
Bahaha
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:54 PM   #76

Region: Georgia
You should get that thing lowered and put a spoiler on it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bax644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
So you're telling me that if I get an attorney I'll be losing money in the long run? Please tell me that you're not thinking that anyone is going to buy that? I would get medical 100% paid for and I would get a fat settlement on top of the medical. That's how that goes. And for the record I went to the body shop today and showed them everything. Gave them the estimate that I already had for a repair and not a replacement. I told them that I was getting a new bumper and that I wouldn't take anything less. He said ok and made it happen. So the dept of insurance can lick my scrotum.

I think you took the attorney thing wrong. If you have a serious injury, by all means get a real attorney not an ambulance chaser. Most injury claims are very minor and people think getting an attorney will benefit then. It simply doesn't. If you have preexisting injuries that helps you.

The repair/replace is at the insurance companies discretion. The dept of insurance only requires repairs but also replacement when necessary. If you got them to give you a brand new OEM bumper, that's awesome. I would want the same. I just know not to expect it, or at the very least to have to put up a fight for it. Check with your shop to make sure it's OEM. Your shop will help you on this.

Again I just saw all the misinformation being slung around and thought I would lend some insight. I've been a claims adjuster for about 5 years, I don't always like the things insurance companies do, but some companies are better than others.

Good luck and hopefully things work out for you.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
did you happen to get the officers badge number or name?
Sorry about your new ride.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:18 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippled5.0 View Post
did you happen to get the officers badge number or name?
Sorry about your new ride.
Nope. No badge number and no name. He didn't give me anything and I didn't even think about looking at his name tag. I just assumed that it would all be on the police report. That's my fault. I should have looked and taken note. From now on I will. Why do you ask?
Old 02-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I would report the officer, No excuse for not doing his job.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I went to the station and I told another officer of the situation. He pretty much told me that I didn't have any proof so I should go f myself.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #82
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah they always cover each other. Even if you had his name and badge number it would go nowhere.

Old 02-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE

My car was supposed to be finished and ready for pick-up at 4:00PM tonight(and hour and a half from now). So I just called them up to make sure it'll be ready so I don't drive an hour up to the dealer for nothing. The body shop guy tells me that the estimate was wrong ($688.11) and that the insurance adjuster has to come out tomorrow to re-do the estimate. Which I was pretty damn positive was going to happen in the first place. Long story short that 5 minute phone call saved me 2 hours of driving and looking like an idiot once I got there.

New estimated completion date is 2/24/2015 at 5:00PM. We shall see...
Old 02-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #84
Registered Member

Regular

We are all so shocked that it didn't cost under 700.00 right now. Lol. Duh. And those idiots knew that 3 days ago I'm sure. But they wait until the day your supposed to pick it up to get the guy down there. You saved them the trouble by calling. Had you arrived to that mess, they better have let you take the car. I would have been pist. I just hope it's better than new man.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously, it had better be a fantastic job. And people wonder why the police have such a bad reputation.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:26 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Haha. Thanks guys. I'm hoping it's a great job as well.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Just got my car back completely done 22 days after the accident. They did a really good job at the dealership and they offer a lifetime paint warranty with it. My only complaint would be that they drove my car 10 miles at the dealership. The body shop is on sight so I can only assume someone took it for a joyride. Here it is all done. And for the record well over $1,000 for the repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424989275387.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	176231  
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol baja is fun i got me a baja bug for mud racing now i think its actually more fun than racing mustangs in a straight line. kinda like fighting in little funny cars sliding around the mud geting dirty. what else could u want
Old 02-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just got my car back completely done 22 days after the accident. They did a really good job at the dealership and they offer a lifetime paint warranty with it. My only complaint would be that they drove my car 10 miles at the dealership. The body shop is on sight so I can only assume someone took it for a joyride. Here it is all done. And for the record well over $1,000 for the repair.
What did it look like before the work was done?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #90
Registered Member

Regular

Looks great. I'm glad you got it repaired to your standards 👍
Old 02-26-2015, 05:17 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
What did it look like before the work was done?
It really wasn't bad at all. It was such a gentle accident.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1424992614532.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	176233  
Old 02-26-2015, 05:22 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

And now today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1424992957464.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	176234  
Old 02-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #93
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
It really wasn't bad at all. It was such a gentle accident.

No wonder the cop thought it was under 1000 bucks. To the naked eye that's not bad at all. Just looks gouged up a bit.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:27 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No wonder the cop thought it was under 1000 bucks. To the naked eye that's not bad at all. Just looks gouged up a bit.
To the non gear head eye*
Old 02-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #95
Registered Member

Regular

^correct. I would have still guessed about 1150
Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

My estimate would have been $1000-$1200. Definitely not in the $600 range where the estimator put it at...
Old 02-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Instead of a "joy ride" how about someone making sure you are pulling left or right and any strange noises?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:10 AM   #98
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Looks very similar to the damage done to my bumper when I was rear-ended on the way to work last month (was actually the second time I was rear ended in a five-month period...LOL). Ended up being close to $1000 because the shop had to replace the impact absorber, license plate pocket, and various plastic clips.

Good thing the accident didn't tweak the OP's exhaust...then we'd be talking big bucks.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 AM   #99
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Check with your insurane agent, and make sure you file for "Diminished value". Your Mustang is now going to have a "hit" on its record, which is going to affect its value. When you go to sell it or trade it in, a dealer or smart buyer will perform a car fax (or simular), and this accident will appear on its record. This drops the value of the vehicle. You are intitled to diminished value, which basically means the insurance company cuts you a check for the difference in value.

For example, you do a Kelly Blue book value lookup on a 20xx Mustang, equipped with certain options. If the car is "clean" (no accidents), its value is shown as $23K (just an example!). If it was in an accident, it may come back as a value of $20K, so its diminished value is $2K. In your case, this difference in value is owed to you, and you'd be intitled to a check payed to you.

Insurance companies are in the business to make money, so they don't often inform you of this, and their first offer may be low. You don't have to accept this first offer if you think its low, and can offer proof. Do your own homework.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:19 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Instead of a "joy ride" how about someone making sure you are pulling left or right and any strange noises?
10 miles worth of that? I very highly doubt that.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:21 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Check with your insurane agent, and make sure you file for "Diminished value". Your Mustang is now going to have a "hit" on its record, which is going to affect its value. When you go to sell it or trade it in, a dealer or smart buyer will perform a car fax (or simular), and this accident will appear on its record. This drops the value of the vehicle. You are intitled to diminished value, which basically means the insurance company cuts you a check for the difference in value.

For example, you do a Kelly Blue book value lookup on a 20xx Mustang, equipped with certain options. If the car is "clean" (no accidents), its value is shown as $23K (just an example!). If it was in an accident, it may come back as a value of $20K, so its diminished value is $2K. In your case, this difference in value is owed to you, and you'd be intitled to a check payed to you.

Insurance companies are in the business to make money, so they don't often inform you of this, and their first offer may be low. You don't have to accept this first offer if you think its low, and can offer proof. Do your own homework.
Your saying that my insurance pays me or the lady who hit me, her insurance pays me? I'd be weary going after my own insurance. Unless I don't mind my premium going through the roof...
Old 02-27-2015, 11:11 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your saying that my insurance pays me or the lady who hit me, her insurance pays me? I'd be weary going after my own insurance. Unless I don't mind my premium going through the roof...
Her insurance would cover this. By the way, don't think that your insurance won't increase just because you were not at fault for the accident. Your insurance premium can (note: that doesn't mean it will) go up just by being involved in the accident. If it's the only one in recent history that's very unlikely, but imagine if someone was hit several times in only a couple of years. Sure they may not have been legally at fault any of those times, but they're still clearly doing something risky behind the wheel. Not saying that's you, just saying **** insurance companies.

Also you have a right to an OEM part over a replacement part in the state of Texas if your car is: less than two years old, under a certain mileage threshold (I forget what this is but it's high), and has not had major damage to it before. Again, note, if they can fix the part then they are not required to replace it. If they are required to replace it, however, you'd be entitled to OEM. I see that it's all fixed and looks good but I just wanted to clear that up.

Don't settle on the bodily injury part of things until you are totally satisfied, and even then, do not take their first offer. They will offer more. Stick it to them good (don't make **** up, but hey, this seriously inconvenienced you!) If they won't budge after much pressure, then you can fall back and take their initial offer. Definitely pursue the diminished value, though.

For what it's worth, the officer can pull her up on his computer and see that she has valid DL and insurance, which I'm sure he did or she'd be getting at least a couple tickets. They don't have to write the reports less than the $1,000 damage, and it's at officer's discretion whether or not it appears to be $1k. Considering it was like $1,200, I wouldn't be going nuts over it. It's not like it was $2,500 and he said it was under a grand. You got everything worked out with her insurance anyway--no harm, no foul. HPD has been good to me in the past.
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Glad they fixed it up nice. I was rear ended the day after I picked up my Mustang, sitting at a red light. The girl that hit me was upset I got out of my car, and insisted on calling the police, as "It's just a dent in your bumper....." She was shocked I wouldn't just let it slide and let her drive away.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Her insurance would cover this. By the way, don't think that your insurance won't increase just because you were not at fault for the accident. Your insurance premium can (note: that doesn't mean it will) go up just by being involved in the accident. If it's the only one in recent history that's very unlikely, but imagine if someone was hit several times in only a couple of years. Sure they may not have been legally at fault any of those times, but they're still clearly doing something risky behind the wheel. Not saying that's you, just saying **** insurance companies.

Also you have a right to an OEM part over a replacement part in the state of Texas if your car is: less than two years old, under a certain mileage threshold (I forget what this is but it's high), and has not had major damage to it before. Again, note, if they can fix the part then they are not required to replace it. If they are required to replace it, however, you'd be entitled to OEM. I see that it's all fixed and looks good but I just wanted to clear that up.

Don't settle on the bodily injury part of things until you are totally satisfied, and even then, do not take their first offer. They will offer more. Stick it to them good (don't make **** up, but hey, this seriously inconvenienced you!) If they won't budge after much pressure, then you can fall back and take their initial offer. Definitely pursue the diminished value, though.

For what it's worth, the officer can pull her up on his computer and see that she has valid DL and insurance, which I'm sure he did or she'd be getting at least a couple tickets. They don't have to write the reports less than the $1,000 damage, and it's at officer's discretion whether or not it appears to be $1k. Considering it was like $1,200, I wouldn't be going nuts over it. It's not like it was $2,500 and he said it was under a grand. You got everything worked out with her insurance anyway--no harm, no foul. HPD has been good to me in the past.
Thank you for all of this. That's a lot of info. I called my insurance company and I talked to someone about my premium and the lady told me it wouldn't go up at all. But we shall see..

The injury thing. Both of my feet have been tingling since about two days after the accident and about three days ago I feel like I have a needle in my lower back. Its not like a terrible pain Its like an ant bite or like a small bug bite or something but it's constant. I have no idea if it was caused by the accident or not. My dad keeps telling me to get a lawyer and go for it but I REALLY don't want the hassle of doing all that garbage right now. I'm on the fence about it. But I will be going after diminished value. Maybe a lawyer could just take care of all of that for me.

And the cop thing. I don't hold grudges. It seemed like both officers I talked to were in a bad mood. But then again for the work they do and the lack of appreciation they get for it, I'd probably be pissed off all the time too. I'm over it. I respect them for what they do and the sacrifices they make. And for the record I don't know their job or what they do and don't have to do as part of their job. I was just venting because I was mad about my car.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #105
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
10 miles worth of that? I very highly doubt that.

In this case where it is purely cosmetic and I can speak to this as I have done body work at a shop, we would not drive this. If we didn't perform any work to suspension, exhaust, or inner structure as is the case here, we would simply have our boss/owner of the shop inspect, and detail guy give it a once over. Anyone who took this "for a test drive" was making an excuse to get lunch in a 370 rwhp car. Plain and simple.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT