Rear ended on the way to work... - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
In this case where it is purely cosmetic and I can speak to this as I have done body work at a shop, we would not drive this. If we didn't perform any work to suspension, exhaust, or inner structure as is the case here, we would simply have our boss/owner of the shop inspect, and detail guy give it a once over. Anyone who took this "for a test drive" was making an excuse to get lunch in a 370 rwhp car. Plain and simple.
Exactly my thoughts. Maybe he had a hot date that night and he was afraid his Honda civic wouldn't impress.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #107
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Lol
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:24 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

The dealership sent me a survey through email. I told them that I had great service and that my car looks great but that there's 10 more miles on it now than before and the manager called me the next day and was less than nice and polite about it. He told me, "We would never drive nor condone driving a customer's vehicle more than we are required to do for servicing. It really says a lot about your character to just assume that we would joy ride your vehicle or any vehicle for that matter." So I asked him to explain how there was 10 miles on my car now that weren't there before. He told me that since he didn't personally work on my car that he didn't know. But he was sure that they must have just been doing there jobs. And then he left off by telling me that he hopes that I never come back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #109
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
The dealership sent me a survey through email. I told them that I had great service and that my car looks great but that there's 10 more miles on it now than before and the manager called me the next day and was less than nice and polite about it. He told me, "We would never drive nor condone driving a customer's vehicle more than we are required to do for servicing. It really says a lot about your character to just assume that we would joy ride your vehicle or any vehicle for that matter." So I asked him to explain how there was 10 miles on my car now that weren't there before. He told me that since he didn't personally work on my car that he didn't know. But he was sure that they must have just been doing there jobs. And then he left off by telling me that he hopes that I never come back...

Oh my god. That's about the worst customer service ever. To me, that's a defense mechanism after you called him out in a recorded document. If they simply drive your car to road test it why wouldn't he just say, "oh, great question here is our reason blah blah blah" the customer is allowed to ask why did you drive my *****? It's your car. Not his. This just gets me all kinds of riled up. You should call the owner of the dealership and express your concern for his people's lack of customer service based on a perfectly normal question you are allowed to ask. Jesus Christ.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I think it's time to file a complaint against that dealership. One thing I could see, but come on!
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Autonation Ford Gulf freeway. That's the dealership. I'm so over dealing with them. As much as I would love to file a complaint against them I really don't think it would do anything at this point.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #112
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Autonation Ford Gulf freeway. That's the dealership. I'm so over dealing with them. As much as I would love to file a complaint against them I really don't think it would do anything at this point.

If you actually file the complaint through ford something will. FOMOCO doesn't want the dealerships that carry their name giving their brand a bad rep. They are independently owned but they have to do things a certain way. You have the responsibility of reporting that in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm. I'll definitely look into that then.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #114
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Rear ended on the way to work...

Quote:
If you actually file the complaint through ford something will. FOMOCO doesn't want the dealerships that carry their name giving their brand a bad rep. They are independently owned but they have to do things a certain way. You have the responsibility of reporting that in my opinion.

Good point that never occurred to me after my accident. The Ford dealer really did a crummy job on my car.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #115
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Woody, I'm just the messenger but ya know your lifetime wtty is now worth the same amount as a price of used paper now. I'm glad you posted about their answer Man, that is a pretty good example of how not to do customer service. Good luck and hopefully that at least did a great job.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

What are you talking about with the lifetime warranty?
Old 03-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #117
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Just got my car back completely done 22 days after the accident. They did a really good job at the dealership and they offer a lifetime paint warranty with it. My only complaint would be that they drove my car 10 miles at the dealership. The body shop is on sight so I can only assume someone took it for a joyride. Here it is all done. And for the record well over $1,000 for the repair.

Short term memory loss brought on by the accident?

just having fun.....
Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #118
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Woody, I'm just the messenger but ya know your lifetime wtty is now worth the same amount as a price of used paper now. I'm glad you posted about their answer Man, that is a pretty good example of how not to do customer service. Good luck and hopefully that at least did a great job.

Yep that lifetime warranty is like a poop here today, gone tomorrow. Haha
Old 03-09-2015, 05:46 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Oh gotcha. I thought you meant the warranty on the car. I was like wait a second. Who the hell has a lifetime warranty on their car?
Old 03-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Oh gotcha. I thought you meant the warranty on the car. I was like wait a second. Who the hell has a lifetime warranty on their car?

I do! My 2008 Dodge Charger came with Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty! That's why I bought it! The transmission just went out 110,000 miles and it's at dealer now so we will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #121
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Haha that would be nice though. Yes he was referring to the lifetime on the body work.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #122
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I do! My 2008 Dodge Charger came with Lifetime Bumper to Bumper warranty! That's why I bought it! The transmission just went out 110,000 miles and it's at dealer now so we will see!

You got the deal of a century.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
You got the deal of a century.

That's why I bought it. It was at the worst time in the recession for the car companies. I was worried they were going to go bankrupt after I bought it. I plan on keeping the car and testing the lifetime warranty! So far so good! I know others who have it too I can't believe more people didn't take advantage of the promotion.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #124
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
That's why I bought it. It was at the worst time in the recession for the car companies. I was worried they were going to go bankrupt after I bought it. I plan on keeping the car and testing the lifetime warranty! So far so good! I know others who have it too I can't believe more people didn't take advantage of the promotion.

You will need it for a dodge that's for sure
Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Wow. Ouch...
Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will need it for a dodge that's for sure

Hey if they keep fixing it I'll keep driving it!

Old 03-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #127
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Hey if they keep fixing it I'll keep driving it!

No doubt!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Yea. That's what I'm saying. Can I go to a police station and have them write something up for me?
In some states the police are not required to fill out a police report when the damages are below a fixed amount. Most cases, you have to contact your insurance company and fill out a form showing you have insurance.

You can get a copy of the report but let your insurance company do that for you.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 01:23 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

I had to fill out a form the officer gave me. I mailed it in and supposedly they're sending me an actual report back. We shall see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT