Someone convince me to buy a tune - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:17 AM   #71
Registered Member
Region: West Virgina
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
And how do we guarantee that they will actually look at the tune and make adjustments?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Data logging it again and looking at the results should tell you. If you post them here someone will be able to tell you exactly what is going on.

2014 Mustang GT Sterling grey 6M
2014 Focus Titanium hatch
2016 Fiesta S (daily driver)
1999 Explorer 4x4 stock
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #72
Registered Member
Region: West Virgina
Can a person "dyno" with a sct, through data logging?

Sponsored at;

5.0l auto, swapped out with 4.6l 5 speed, summit cold air, 17"saleen, cat delete, rear o2 delete, H-pipe, 94 body and rear end, 99 everything else..
johnathan2225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #73
Registered Member
Region: California
I'm 72...I've drag raced cars, and I have built cars, and I have owned a bunch of muscle over the 2011 GT Premium with a Flowmaster CAT back tranny...and the Coyote work real well as is. I no longer race cars, and having something as punchy as the '11 GT perform as reliably as it has is a real plus... it's fun to haul *** now and then, but even with the stock 5.0, there isn't much space in So Cal where you can really cut them loose (maybe 3AM on a few roads...).... they get going really fast very quickly... think about your trade in with a pristine car.
Parrotpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #74
Registered Member

Region: Oregon
I know this post is from the beginning of this year and my car now has 8500 miles since buying it with 2700 last November. The generic tune has been in the car since I bought it.............I've taken if out once...................and about a month ago I noticed the car was just not responding like it was initially..................I contacted AED and finally did a couple of data logs. After seeing knock on the WOT part of the logs I have now switched gas brands. I just did a 200 mile road trip last Friday and will be doing another data log to see if the new gas has helped. I know it has help because I can feel the difference in responsiveness and way the Mustang runs.
I did pull all of the plugs and check the gap......which was 0.047 on every plug. The only issue I found was on bank was the bank I had got a lean condition when I took out the tune.....................the plugs were very minutely pitting and you could just barely see it with a magnifying glass. Other than that I could see no serious issues that would concern me and the car runs great and now pulls down over 26mpg on the highway in 6th at 70/72mph.
I'm kicking myself for not data logging sooner.....................being an older guy and not computer literate made me a little apprehensive at data logging or I would have done it's really pretty easy.
I bought my Mustang to modify to suite my personality and occasionally take it to a road course or even the drag HAVE FUN.
As someone mentioned about just enjoying their Mustang the way it is.......I totally understand that and agree that everyone has limitations................being a drag racer for 40 years, a hotrodder for 55 years and a road racer for less than 10 years..........I can never have enough HP/TQ or go fast enough....................on a closed circuit of course!

olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT