Very Poor Shift, Catch, Bind, Grind when picking up my Car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Very Poor Shift, Catch, Bind, Grind when picking up my Car

I recently purchased a brand new 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 (with 32 miles on it) and when I brought it home I noticed the door brushed against the front fender when I opened it which caused paint damage. It seems the front fender had been misaligned (Youtube video below).

So I took it to a local Ford dealership after I drove it about 200 miles, and they took pictures of the paint damage, and got authorization for warranty repair. They then took it to Greg's Auto Collision in St Augustine (~7 miles away) according to both the Ford service manager and assistant service manager and Greg’s apparently did a very poor paint repair on my new car (less than a week old). Pictures in Youtube video below.

The paint and clear coat were further damaged on the car somehow in the whole process. The dealership then acknowledged the paint repair wasn’t right and could be sent back for proper paint repair.

So, I chose to bring my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang (after the dealership had it for ~16 miles), I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care (also, the dealership somehow managed 12.6 MPG while in their care. I’ve been averaging 16 MPG+ driving around town).

Two other people have driven it and confirmed my concern so far.

Does anyone know what would cause this really poor shift quality? What type of condition? What should I do? I notified the service manager who maintains they did nothing to the car to cause this while in their possession.

Door hits fender:

15mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT