Manual Transmission Problems MT82? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You have to pay if clutch goes out?! Dude its covered under 5yr 60k ain't it?
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
You have to pay if clutch goes out?! Dude its covered under 5yr 60k ain't it?
They won't usually cover it because it's considered a 'wear item' like brake pads.
15mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Might be worth also checking your state's lemon law requirements...and dropping the hint next time you're at the dealer.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Might be worth also checking your state's lemon law requirements...and dropping the hint next time you're at the dealer.
It's hard to lemon it in Florida, sadly. If all else fails, I will start contacting local media to help me like news stations, newspaper, Motortrend. This is dragging on, and all I want Ford to do is the right thing (and please stop offering me a rebuild). Ford PLEASE
Old 03-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byock View Post
With the warranty, doesn't seem like a bad deal. I'm shocked they would even suggest a rebuilt it in a car with >300 miles.
I am too. Especially since it happened when I left it with the dealership.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:41 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I ain't too sure about Florida, but usually brakes are covered for first 20,000 kms. This is what my dealer told me. Should be the same for clutch I guess
Old 03-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15mustang View Post
Update 2/19: I've talked to the dealership service manager, GM, and Ford several times. I was offered a rebuilt transmission for my brand new car (~240 miles when it failed). Anyone with experience with rebuilds? A Ford certified mechanic advised me against it.
When my transmission expired, a local Ford dealer rebuilt it with new parts sent from the factory. I never had another problem with it after that, and I probably shift much higher, and more roughly than most people (regular trips from second back into first at 6000 rpm during 1.4 G corners, kind of rough on everything).

Proving to my fellow racers that the disdain that some GT drivers have for V6 drivers is unfounded, one results archive at a time since 2013.
jande063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:27 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Update 3/8: Ford still has not offered a brand new transmission, only a rebuild. Still working to get this resolved! At least a couple dozen phone calls and counting.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Only issue i have is a grind from 2nd to 3rd under really hard shifting ...it bugs me
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstorm View Post
Only issue i have is a grind from 2nd to 3rd under really hard shifting ...it bugs me
Sorry to hear that! You have a 2015 Mustang GT?
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry to hear that! You have a 2015 Mustang GT?
2013, its annoying .... i have no clue why it does it.. just added they barton 2 post on it so the shifts feel better but a little louder. still get that grind tho. ad same gear is the only one i have lockout on sometimes
Old 03-08-2015, 10:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
2013, its annoying .... i have no clue why it does it.. just added they barton 2 post on it so the shifts feel better but a little louder. still get that grind tho. ad same gear is the only one i have lockout on sometimes
I heard this is common with syncros, which were apparently upgraded for 2013 and then again for 2015. If it gets worse bring it in for transmission rebuild. You paid good money for a car that should be right!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

True.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:42 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
True.
Latest Update 3/12: So far Ford won't offer a brand new transmission (even though my brand new Mustang developed damaged paint and transmission problems while at Bozard Ford for repair). The 4th gear problems persist. Dealerships seem to be ignoring issue or putting-off issue. Very unhappy. Will Ford please help?
Old 03-13-2015, 06:34 AM   #50

I heard a lot of problems of that transmission. Its made in china lol. you cant expect a lot from it. Hope nothing happens to with mine hehe
Davedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedd View Post
I heard a lot of problems of that transmission. Its made in china lol. you cant expect a lot from it. Hope nothing happens to with mine hehe
I'm sure it will be fine as long as you don't leave it at a dealership.

I've heard very few complaints about the 2015 Mustangs so far. Guess I got really unlucky.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #52

Quote:
I'm sure it will be fine as long as you don't leave it at a dealership.

I've heard very few complaints about the 2015 Mustangs so far. Guess I got really unlucky.

Hehe im on my way to become a ase certified tech so im not taking to a dealer with anything.
I gotta look i to 2015 ones
Davedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davedd View Post
Hehe im on my way to become a ase certified tech so im not taking to a dealer with anything.
I gotta look i to 2015 ones
Nice! That is the way to go.

Update 3/19: Unable to get transmission fixed up to this point. Stuck. Not sure what to do next?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Note: I had requested transmission fluid to be changed to check for metal deposits etc, but could not get authorization. Why?
Old 03-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Sounds like your wonderful dealer is doing just about everything they can to get out of handling your claim properly...sad
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:59 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta call ford customer relations directly and tell them what's going on! They will contact dealership + area manager directly and most likely will pressure your service manager to get your claim handled out asap
Old 03-24-2015, 10:36 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Gotta call ford customer relations directly and tell them what's going on! They will contact dealership + area manager directly and most likely will pressure your service manager to get your claim handled out asap
Yup did that. Seems dealerships "don't want to be involved in things". Took it to a 2nd independent shop today, they thought it was the syncro's.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:48 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtmoto View Post
Sounds like your wonderful dealer is doing just about everything they can to get out of handling your claim properly...sad
IMO, it seems like I am 'blacklisted' at some dealerships (that read the notes and my experience). Or in other words they don't want to touch, admit in writing there is anything wrong, or work on the car. Seems that way to me anyways.

Best advice to everyone. Please put a dashcam or camera in your car. It is the best "security" package you can buy. It can catch theft, accidents, damage on the streets, dealership visits etc.! Trust me on this!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials...

Update 3/20: Seems like more dealership run-around and denials etc...

Update 3/24: Another independent repair shop drives car 3/24 and mechanic said there def. is a problem with transmission. Believed to be bad syncros. Though, a Ford dealership still has NOT given me anything in writing that lists a problem with transmission.

Since my experience is on forums at this point, I am going to put some main updates on the Youtube pages including my appeal to Ford seen here:

Old 03-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I recall the Ford CSM saying my case was closed. Ford any assistance?
Old 04-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I recall the Ford CSM saying my case was closed. Ford any assistance?
Update 4/4: 2 months. Still working on getting it fixed. I want to thank everyone who has supported me by responding to my thread and viewing my Youtube videos. The more responses and views I get, the more support I have (please keep supporting). I have received a lot of great advice from all of you, my fellow car enthusiasts. Sharing my experience is about helping others avoid what has happened to me.

It's been a tough couple months for me (dozens of phone calls, hundreds of miles, dozens of hours to try to get it fixed). As I continue to work to get my car’s transmission fixed (and other car problems), please take caution when leaving your car at a dealership or auto repair shop. Please wish me luck, your support is always much appreciated. God bless.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:00 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

My 13 track pack has about 52,000 km's on it. My transmission is making a rattle sound especially when down shifting from 3rd to 2nd... Almost like it's not fully disengaging. I booked an appointment with my local Ford dealer last week and they stated that there is something definitely wrong and my transmission would be covered by Ford warranty. They then told me that there are only 3 transmissions in stock and 27 on back order... So not looking like I will be getting one anytime soon?

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Borla S-Type Axel back, H Pipe, Drop in K&N filter
cnadz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Manual Transmission Problems MT82?

Ford continuing to turn a blind eye to this raggedy junk transmission they are using, I thought it was bad I got denied warranty on my 11, but you being denied or getting the "run around" on a 15 that their own people most likely damaged is just shameful.......way to go Ford, way to go smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Love how people call it junky. It's far from junky. Just needs some upgrades to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I don't think it's junk honestly I think it's the best feeling manual that I have ever owned. I know there have been problems and I was prepared to rip it out and put in a Tremec Magnum if I needed to. Mine has been great so far and it's kind of grown on me so unless I have issues I'll keep getting on with it. It's definitely been better than I expected it to be after hearing the negative reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Love how people call it junky. It's far from junky. Just needs some upgrades to it.
in stock form, they are hit or miss, let's be honest, it wasn't a great transmission and Ford is leaving lots of owners hanging out to dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I don't think it's junk honestly I think it's the best feeling manual that I have ever owned. I know there have been problems and I was prepared to rip it out and put in a Tremec Magnum if I needed to. Mine has been great so far and it's kind of grown on me so unless I have issues I'll keep getting on with it. It's definitely been better than I expected it to be after hearing the negative reviews.

I'm happy with my MT82 after I added an MGW race spec, changed the clutch and throw out bearing, and dumped over $1k into for a rebuild/upgrade, kind of hard to swallow since these cars aren't cheap anymore

Old 04-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I can see its kind of hit or miss I just got a good one (so far knock on wood) if it starts to get problematic I'll put the Tremec Magnum in there.

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:38 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
Ford continuing to turn a blind eye to this raggedy junk transmission they are using, I thought it was bad I got denied warranty on my 11, but you being denied or getting the "run around" on a 15 that their own people most likely damaged is just shameful.......way to go Ford, way to go smh

Thanks for the support! Sorry to hear about your 2011. I never thought it would be this hard to get a brand new 2015 fixed. I plan to bring my GT to a Ford dealership again (I've been to them several times, somebody else mentioned a possible dealership coverup).
Old 04-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
I can see its kind of hit or miss I just got a good one (so far knock on wood) if it starts to get problematic I'll put the Tremec Magnum in there.

From what I understand the 2011 and 2012 Mustang manual transmissions had so many complaints there was an official NHTSA investigation:

NHTSA opens investigation into the 2011 Mustang’s transmission problems | Mustangs Daily

I almost bought a 2011 too. Instead I have a 2015 with transmission problems.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mine worked well for a couple hundred miles Not that it was necessarily the transmission's fault (?)...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT