Manual Transmission Problems MT82? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15mustang View Post
Mine worked well for a couple hundred miles Not that it was necessarily the transmission's fault (?)...

LOL😁

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Borla S-Type Axel back, H Pipe, Drop in K&N filter
cnadz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 12:22 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Update 4/12: I plan to bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again, hopefully the last time I'll need to (wish me luck!). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so I would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I have stopped publicizing my experience because I do like Ford, but will post updates. This ordeal has put me through heck, thanks for all your support guys/gals!
15mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:45 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Update 4/12: I plan to bring my Mustang in to a Ford dealership again, hopefully the last time I'll need to (wish me luck!). Two independent repair shops already confirmed the transmission problem, so I would think a Ford dealership will eventually acknowledge the transmission problem too in writing and fix it (or maybe they never will). I have stopped publicizing my experience because I do like Ford, but will post updates. This ordeal has put me through heck, thanks for all your support guys/gals!

Yes please do update with the end result. Also inquire on if they are on back order and not available. I was told I would be #28th in line waiting as they only have 3 in stock... Wondering if this is a load of bs?!?

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think most of the issues are the poor shift mechanism, and Ford will only replace it with another poor shift mechanism. Fitting an MGW/Blowfish bracket has cured my shifting ills.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

New clutch cured my problems

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post

What clutch did you install?
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadz15 View Post
Yes please do update with the end result. Also inquire on if they are on back order and not available. I was told I would be #28th in line waiting as they only have 3 in stock... Wondering if this is a load of bs?!?
Sorry to hear! I have heard some parts are not in stock for brand new cars.

Update 4/19: Transmission still not fixed. Dealership coverup? Plan B.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post

Yes, Ford could replace my clutch as well if they value customer satisfaction, I hate to even think of what the dealership probably did to that also. I heard the 2011-2012 Mustangs had some clutch problems.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtmoto View Post
Sounds like your wonderful dealer is doing just about everything they can to get out of handling your claim properly...sad
Update 5/4: I am thankful for all the support everyone has given me, as I am taking further steps and following advice to get my transmission fixed. Please feel free to subscribe to this thread, I will keep the thread updated with the final resolution.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadz15 View Post

Did you get your car fixed?

Update 5/20: Transmission still not fixed, but I will update everyone on the final outcome. Please message me if you can help. I have sympathy for anyone who has ever been through something similar, I feel your pain.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Yes, Ford could replace my clutch as well if they value customer satisfaction, I hate to even think of what the dealership probably did to that also. I heard the 2011-2012 Mustangs had some clutch problems.

What kind of clutch problems? When my car is cold I can hear a slight grind on idle and when it does that my car kind of vibrates a little more than usual. Grind goes away when pressing on clutch.. Still trying to know what it is (ford could never find out what the problem is that's causing it).
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:47 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you get your car fixed?

Update 5/20: Transmission still not fixed, but I will update everyone on the final outcome. Please message me if you can help. I have sympathy for anyone who has ever been through something similar, I feel your pain.

No they have not fixed it yet. I am still waiting for a transmission.... Lol

Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Ring up Ben caliber for a complete rebuilt unit for 1700 bucks haha
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 01:21 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Ring up Ben caliber for a complete rebuilt unit for 1700 bucks haha

Haha ya I think I'll wait and get the free new transmission... Mine works fine atm just makes some strange noise and clunks lol.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:58 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Mine grinds into reverse very often, mainly after just starting it up, is the transmission just not warmed up or what!?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Use redline MTL, or amsoil MTG to get rid of cold start notchiness

|| Low 5oh ||
Old 05-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #87
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
grinding is something bad....w/o insulting are you fully depressing the clutch?
Old 05-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Yes it is fully in. Im not sure if it's grinding it very notchy. Not sure how to describe it. It's not like grinding while shifting 2-3 and so on. It's smoother. But still rough

Sent from my iPhone using Mu
nicholasmadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #89
Staff

Regular
Staff

mine can be notchy....I've done all the recommended fixes. I don't obsess too much about it. Unless it's grinding it's normal....Find someone local willing to give you a ride trade for a bit to compare. When I did that with a friend we both thought the other car shifted slightly better.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Well surprisingly enough Ford contacted me at the beginning of this week and told me that they had a brand new transmission under warranty for me... I just received my stang back today and it feels and sounds great! I'm very impressed with Ford as they actually pulled through with this. Aside from this, how long of a break in period would you guys recommend for this new tranny ?

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Media pkg, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Drive it easy for 1000 miles just to be safe

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #92
Staff

Regular
Staff

Great news!!!!!!!!

I would follow what I do for new car break in and gradually work it harder for 1000 miles...idk if it's needed but to my mechanics mind (old school) I like gradual break ins.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Ya that's what my mechanic said too... I'll be driving her hard anyways so may as well break it in harder right

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Media pkg, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:36 AM   #94

Region: North Carolina
I took mine into the shop on May 26th and im still waiting for it. they immediately said it needed to be fixed under warranty and proceeded to pull it out of the car. I was then told 1 month back order because it needed a new bell housing among other things. Two weeks ago i call and they said it was back in the car but they were waiting on a bottle of the xl-18 transmission additive. They put that in the car Monday and test drove it. Now the Tech says it wont stay in 2nd gear. I believe he has put shims in wrong but ford told him to replace shift linkage 2nd gear + sincro. suppose to be done today but I'm not holding my breath. If its not right i will be calling Ford customer service to open a case and push for a new tranny.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:36 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvansan View Post
I took mine into the shop on May 26th and im still waiting for it. they immediately said it needed to be fixed under warranty and proceeded to pull it out of the car. I was then told 1 month back order because it needed a new bell housing among other things. Two weeks ago i call and they said it was back in the car but they were waiting on a bottle of the xl-18 transmission additive. They put that in the car Monday and test drove it. Now the Tech says it wont stay in 2nd gear. I believe he has put shims in wrong but ford told him to replace shift linkage 2nd gear + sincro. suppose to be done today but I'm not holding my breath. If its not right i will be calling Ford customer service to open a case and push for a new tranny.

Hmmm that's strange and quite unfortunate in your case... I was told by my Ford mechanic that they were unable to open the transmission as it was sealed and once open not able to seal back together... So they had me continue to drive mine and ordered me a new transmission, then a couple months later it came in and they installed it over a week. It seems to be fine. I do however hear a slight wine ?

Old 07-31-2015, 03:17 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Manual Transmission Problems MT82?

My car used to make a weird noise on really low rpms on 1st and sometimes on second around 1.5k rpms. Mostly it would do it starting from 1st. Like this video. Also idk if manuals do this, so here's a question.... I don't always hear this, but in the morning when it's cold and start the car. I put my ear close to the shifter, I can hear some kind of grinding noise and sometimes it vibrates the car a little, not something big but noticeable. That same noise I can hear it, if I just tap it on a certain rpm I think around 1,300. I can only hear it on neutral, I keep thinking its normal and probably it's the flywheel? Took it to the dealer for that reason and they could hear the noise, but couldn't detect what caused it. They replaced my clutch slave cylinder and the pilot bearing and no change. Idk if they put the same transmission oil but the noise I used to have (the one on the video) it's gone.
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:14 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I don't get all the MT82 issues. My 2011 GT MT and now my 2014 are notchy....ok....notchy...not grinding, not missing gears, not popping out of gear... But certainly nothing worth spending a dime on trying to change and hella certainly not spending hundreds of $ on aftermarket short throw mega bracket giggity gadgets. What's all this fuss?
I mean, I guess if you're coming from a civic manual to the Mustang then maybe it's not so buttery toy like smooth?
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:37 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I don't get all the MT82 issues. My 2011 GT MT and now my 2014 are notchy....ok....notchy...not grinding, not missing gears, not popping out of gear... But certainly nothing worth spending a dime on trying to change and hella certainly not spending hundreds of $ on aftermarket short throw mega bracket giggity gadgets. What's all this fuss?
I mean, I guess if you're coming from a civic manual to the Mustang then maybe it's not so buttery toy like smooth?
All the issues is because the MT82 is junk. 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:45 AM   #99

Mine was totally rebuilt and is now better than it was new but the replaced almost everything in it including the housing.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:48 AM   #100

My ford dealer replaced most components in my mt82 but said the whining was from a bell housing problem and the new ones are milled to different tollerance. Better than new know and it cost me 0$
Old 08-28-2015, 09:49 AM   #101
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
I mean, I guess if you're coming from a civic manual to the Mustang then maybe it's not so buttery toy like smooth.
I've had T-5s and T45s shift as smoothly as the cable shifter econoboxes and my last 3650 even shifted really really well too.

Yes you do have to go spend $$$ on the "mega omgwtfbbq" shifters because Ford did indeed **** up in that dept with the 2011-2014. Its just part of owning one unfortunately and its not like people don't buy aftermarket shifters for EVERY year of Mustang anyway.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:35 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Update 3/20/2016: I first want to thank everyone on the forum who has offered advice or viewed my thread. Its been a while since I created this thread to help all owners by sharing my aweful dealership experience (at Bozard Ford). Please be careful when leaving your car at a dealership! The problems with my 2015 Mustang GT have put me through hell. I paid $37k+ for my 2015 Mustang and it STILL has transmission problems (Ford hasn't fixed!) Ford can do the right thing, but they choose not to.

If you wish to help everyone, all mustang owners, please reply to this thread or view my experience video below. Every view counts!:

Thank you once again for your support of the good fight.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Try and call Ford directly, it's the only thing I can think of. I would not settle for less than new parts in that beauty, there should be nothing wrong with it and if there is, you're literally covered under all the warranties.

Sent from my iPhone

2015 Maroon Chevy Cruze LTZ
2011 Performance White V6 Premium SOLD
king_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

it's this very reason, that when I buy another mustang to replace my 2011, it will be an auto

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Have you reviewed Florida's Lemon Laws relative to this problem?
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT