BEWARE EMBLEMPROS.com - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
BEWARE EMBLEMPROS.com

So I recently purchased a faux gas cap emblem from emblempros.com and as some of you might have seen modified a used faux gas cap in anticipation of getting the emblem. I received the emblem I ordered (white "5" and "0" letters and a red "point" to go on my white mustang. I received it in the mail after about a week or so following the order. I was extremely disappointed. The cut quality was terrible and looked chipped, ridged, and frankly unprofessional and unfinished.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423503914.776187.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	175094

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423503939.137682.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	175095

I emailed them and quickly received a response by a guy named roger who seems to be the owner. I of course expressed my concerns along with the above pictures. He basically acted like I was overreacting and said that pictures can make these "look worse" and he wanted to inspect it in person. No mention of what the result would be or if he would pay for the shipping ect. So I drop it in the mail the next day, and he gets it last Friday. I get an email on Sunday saying "it's not as bad" as it looks in my pictures, but that he has had his sons make a new one and it will be sent on Monday. But basically says "it's as good as it will get" and that he can't guarantee it won't have some of the same markings on it. I don't know about you guys, but I don't appreciate being talked to like I'm a complete moron incapable of determining what looks like crap and what doesn't. So I fire an email back, had the guy said hey look this wasn't our best, let us make it right and keep you as a customer and proud of this item that you want to put on your 35k car... I'd have been fine. But the dude wanted to blame cameras and me being "picky" on the short comings they had. I basically said, if your telling me the new one is no better, don't bother sending it. I will take a refund. So he comes back like I'm a complete a hole because I refuse to be walked on and accept less than good quality parts for my hard earned money. Dude tells me that he will send me a refund because I'm rude and impossible to please. WOW. So today he did refund me my money. And then sends me one last email saying he got the feeling I was picky and that he has friends like that and refuses to make parts for them for the same reasons.

Well I do not believe I am picky, or out of line. The emblem looked like crap and then I had to be interviewed like I was the main suspect before I could get a replacement. I know some have seemed to of had success with these guys, but I didn't. Maybe they can cut stainless better? But if your like me, and won't settle for crap, do not order from these guys. It's a waste of time.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Thanks. I won't be dealing with them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Come on oxford5pointoh

You are just way to picky. It would not have hurt you to install a crappy looking emblem on your car that you are trying to make look better then factory. Yep, Just plain to picky. Ha! Ha!

I don't get that someone in business that charges $$$$ for a custom object can not produce it perfect. That emblem does not look that hard to make and get 100% smooth on the edges before painting. Someone there is just lazy and sure not "PICKY" like you are. If they were a little "PICKY" that crappy looking emblem would never have been sent out.

MY OPINION IS: IT"S GOOD TO BE PICKY Yes it is !!!
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
You are just way to picky. It would not have hurt you to install a crappy looking emblem on your car that you are trying to make look better then factory. Yep, Just plain to picky. Ha! Ha!

I don't get that someone in business that charges $$$$ for a custom object can not produce it perfect. That emblem does not look that hard to make and get 100% smooth on the edges before painting. Someone there is just lazy and sure not "PICKY" like you are. If they were a little "PICKY" that crappy looking emblem would never have been sent out.

MY OPINION IS: IT"S GOOD TO BE PICKY Yes it is !!!
Ronnie

Lol! Yeah it's actually CNC cut acrylic so it's not painted. I'm not sure if it's lazy or they just have bad stock of that color? Maybe there CNC isn't set up for that type of material? Either way it looked like crap. And exactly man, why would I take of a nice part of my car as the GT doesn't look terrible. Ford did a nice job, I just wanted to be different, if the replacement looks hokey? I am looking into a few other companies that make these, or I might make my own. Not sure yet.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to order from them. But I won't be anymore. Send him back a link to this thread so he can see all the money he's losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It does look like you did get a bad one, because I have one that has smaller tighter cuts and it is perfectly smooth edges. Those cuts aren't like the ones I have or seen on others. Too bad your dealings went sideways with them.
Here is the pic of the one I bought that is cut really nice. I never have used it though. It sits on a shelf gathering dust
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanp94 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to order from them. But I won't be anymore. Send him back a link to this thread so he can see all the money he's losing.

I actually thought about that. But he is so ignorant he would scoff at it and put you all on the do not sell to list. Lol.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
It does look like you did get a bad one, because I have one that has smaller tighter cuts and it is perfectly smooth edges. Those cuts aren't like the ones I have or seen on others. Too bad your dealings went sideways with them.
Here is the pic of the one I bought that is cut really nice. I never have used it though. It sits on a shelf gathering dust

And if he would have just said hey your right that one was terrible and I can do better I would have been cool with that. I truly didn't care if there was one or two little imperfections, but that one he sent me hurt my eyes.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

^^you were right in sending that piece they sent you back. I would have for sure.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 02-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

^you need to get that on your car! Lol, yours looks worth mounting.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

nah, I like the one I customized myself that is on there

Old 02-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

That is sweet. Simple changes that are enough to make a huge difference.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The owner of that shop probably drives a Camaro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

They just wrote me this email response. Unreal. Literally all I said was what's above...

We send 50-60 orders out of here each day. Sometimes things do go out that are not exactly correct.

By taking it back and making you another, I was agreeing with you it could have been better. And the new one did come out nicely.
The fact that I spent that time on a Sunday, does prove your concern was valid, and warranted. However this obviously means nothing to you.
If I thought it was not warranted, I would have given you the refund and not made the new part. Makes sense?

I can zoom in on someone's face and show you skin pores. Is that what you really see, not it is not.
Not blaming you for anything, it is just what close up camera shots can do.
No one said you were wrong, or an idiot. I never called you any names.
Camera shots are hard to get an accurate visual sometimes. I am 100% correct.

I do have some friends, that I have seen how they treat others when they purchase items.
I would not sell them anything. They know it, and they know why. We joke about it often. I have the right to sell, and not sell to who I see best.
I sell to people who like very nice things, and are strict all of the time.
I am very confident in our products. Regardless of that, I have learned that I cannot make everyone happy, all of the time. But we do try.
I just think you're one of those people who threaten, as you can easily read below.
Also Insinuate that I said things I did not say, as you can easily read below.

I was all prepared to put this to rest with the new part, and thought I handled it properly. What I did for you, is that same thing I would do for anyone else.
Then you sent me that email last night. I am sorry, but it was uncalled for. Which is why I decided to give you just want you asked for. So you should be happy.
And since then, you have shown an entirely new side of yourself.

You sent it back. I made a new part, and I was going to mail it out. After your email, I seen the real you. I then made the correct determination that you were an issue. So I refunded you 100%.
There is no issue here, any one that wants to know I will gladly tell it to.
You got what you wanted, the part or a refund. You clearly left it up to me. So you should have been prepared for either decision, and been satisfied with either.

The only thing that made you mad, was I do not think camera photos represented what the eye really sees. And I still don't think so.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
The owner of that shop probably drives a Camaro

They are absolutely Chevy guys. Look at the majority of what they make on the site.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
In his defense, he did sort you out. Sometimes you've just gotta realize that people are the way they are and just take a more relaxed view on the situation. He's clearly the type of entrepreneur that isn't the best on the customer interaction side of things.

In my experiences with a wide range of businesses, patience always wins. Put on a tougher coat of skin and you're set to go.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
In his defense, he did sort you out. Sometimes you've just gotta realize that people are the way they are and just take a more relaxed view on the situation. He's clearly the type of entrepreneur that isn't the best on the customer interaction side of things.

In my experiences with a wide range of businesses, patience always wins. Put on a tougher coat of skin and you're set to go.

See I am pretty easy man. The problem is that yesterday he sent me an email and said hey yours wasn't bad and I made you a new one and it's as good as it's going to get and I can't guarantee it won't have the same marks.

Now he is acting like he created the most amazing emblem ever and I shot him down.

Had he just said, man that one I sent was unacceptable, sending you a replacement that will be worthy of your ride...I'd have been just fine. But he was covering his tracks and laying the groundwork for more disappointment. So I was done playing his game. Just said don't send it if it's not an improvement. Send a refund if that's the case. He was looking for an out. I have just never had a company not fight for my business. At the end where he acts like I have threatened him, I simply said I will write a post in any forum that will listen and write about my experience. All truth.

I guess I still don't understand why he continues to latch onto this idea of the pictures I took. He acts like only a close up picture revealed these mystical marks. Lol. They have to be there to photograph.

I am a reasonable guy. Had he shown any type of remorse or even apologized at any point before yesterday's email I'd of been ok. I get small businesses, but you are only as good as your product. Add that on top of the poor customer interactions, it doesn't mater what you do. Maybe I'm crazy. Hell he could have sent me a picture of the new one and said how do you feel about this? I mean he just didn't care. All that Sunday business is bull anyway. He already works on Sunday's, as he mentioned in previous emails. So he is trying to act like he did me some great big favor. Oh well. I just want to share my experience. I hope anyone else who deals with them never has to go down that road.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I had dealings with this guy.. Roger..last year . I ordered the red letters ..Powered by Ford .. for coil covers. They didn't come close to fitting. When I received them they were in bags labeled Left.. Right. All he kept telling me is I must have got the left and right mixed up. I didn't appreciate being talked down to...told him I just wanted a refund . He told me he doesn't do refunds..I was so pissed..I told him just forget it.. I would just eat the $99. He would just not accept the idea that maybe he made a mistake. He did send a replacement set..they fit fine. All in all... not a guy you want to deal with
dziba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I would have got a refund or he would have been out of business. ..........

chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dziba191 View Post
I had dealings with this guy.. Roger..last year . I ordered the red letters ..Powered by Ford .. for coil covers. They didn't come close to fitting. When I received them they were in bags labeled Left.. Right. All he kept telling me is I must have got the left and right mixed up. I didn't appreciate being talked down to...told him I just wanted a refund . He told me he doesn't do refunds..I was so pissed..I told him just forget it.. I would just eat the $99. He would just not accept the idea that maybe he made a mistake. He did send a replacement set..they fit fine. All in all... not a guy you want to deal with

That sounds about right. Seems his pride is his biggest enemy. In sure there are some people out there that do mess things up and can't follow direction ect. But you can usually tell after a few emails what type of person your dealing with. I was planning on ordering those letters for the coil covers myself before all this mess.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The tool marks all around the edges are a deal breaker and just unacceptable.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I don't think you threatened him. You're helping us all out by letting us know. A small business like that word of mouth is everything. He should have done anything he could to make you happy. You weren't unreasonable. Company's screw up its going to happen. No need to be a jerk though.

Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
"I can zoom in on someone's face and show you skin pores" - LMAO
This guy acts like u took pics of the damn thing under an electron microscope lol. Just looking at the tiny pictures on my phone that weren't even that close-up, it's easy to see that was subpar.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Itcouldbebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

^right!? LOL! What's really funny is that he is now saying that it wasn't up to snuff but won't actually say it in so many words. I was supposed to know what he meant by his actions. Because I know him personally (am I coming across sarcastic yet).

Old 02-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #25
Road Trip!

what an *******.

Emblem pros will never get my business.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Give him the link to this lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Give him the link to this lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
x100!
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

The moral of this story is that you guys shouldn't be ordering custom emblems because everyone should be sporting the RTR decklid panel

Old 02-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking of a custom emblem. Emblem pros will not be the ones I call.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
What a d*ck head. For sure not ordering from that idiot.

Mods 5% Tint All Around, 40% Tinted Windshield| Roush Axleback's| 4in Quad Exhaust| Eibach Sportlines| 20in Charcoal AMR's| BMR Panhard Bar| GT500 Diffuser| Bama Tune| X Pipe| GT500 Spoiler|BMR LCA's| JLT CAI|
50OHHHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
The moral of this story is that you guys shouldn't be ordering custom emblems because everyone should be sporting the RTR decklid panel

Considered that! But they are so hard to get and I'm not crazy about cutting my new car up just yet. They do look sweet though.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Not to mention the quality is awful.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Not to mention the quality is awful.

Well I have seen all the gripes about the thin powder coat and the doubled up tape for proper clearance. None of that bothers me too much. I also saw a thread where a guy claimed there was a note from RTR saying his was gen 2 and they were trying to fix all previous issues. So maybe you would get lucky enough to get one of those. But I would just take it to my powder coat guy and he would re-coat it for me for very little. Again the problem seems to be availability and for me...irreversible mod to trunk. Maybe in another year or so I could bear the thought.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Well I have seen all the gripes about the thin powder coat and the doubled up tape for proper clearance. None of that bothers me too much. I also saw a thread where a guy claimed there was a note from RTR saying his was gen 2 and they were trying to fix all previous issues. So maybe you would get lucky enough to get one of those. But I would just take it to my powder coat guy and he would re-coat it for me for very little. Again the problem seems to be availability and for me...irreversible mod to trunk. Maybe in another year or so I could bear the thought.

If you have a 13-14 mustang, it's reversible. You'll just be missing the hump. But you can 100% return to stock with no issues. Just clip the old decklid panel back in to place. The hump really serves no purpose.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

That's true I guess. Well I sent a request for a quote on a faux gas cap emblem from billetbadges.com they make sweet looking billet aluminum emblems anyway you want it. So depending on what they quote me on that I might go that direction or RTR if I can source one.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT