Need help on pricing for buying my GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan727 View Post
Yes we were very lucky. We were on a road I had never been on and I was speeding (yes I know that was very stupid) and when I went over a crest there was a sharp turn I didn't know about so i tried to slow down and turn but neither really happened and we started sliding on gravel so we hit that post with a few mailboxes on it at 70-80mph and went up then back down a bank and back into the street. It went through my windshield and we got knocked out so the first thing i remember seeing was that I had no windshield and a big piece of wood between my cousin and I and blood everywhere. The airbags didn't go off at all but I was told that if they would have it would have kept us in place and I probably would have had my head taken off so I didn't really care too much haha. Pretty scary moment that's why I didn't really care about the car and I for sure learned my lesson about roads I have never been on and going too fast through turns.

Wow, that's crazy. And amazing that you were ok after that, I mean the board coming through the windshield like that.. Well you had a guardian angel watching over you then, and it seems like it turned out as well as it could have from that! And yeah stick to roads you know and the track huh? My quote is my car enthusiast motto lol. And I checked out the car this morning to make sure it was good condition and all, it was flawless. And definitely my ideal car (I made sure the salesman only saw my poker face) so I'll be going back tonight with my dad (who's floating me the money till my loan comes through) to talk pricing so fingers are crossed and wish me luck. I'll send picture if I end up driving it home!

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Dude that is amazing that you made it through that. Good luck with the new car. EVEN more reason for those brembos let's keep the 5.0 in one piece though! Let us know how it goes.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yeah man I saw that quote haha. Good luck with buying the car hopefully you get a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
canesfan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Dude that is amazing that you made it through that. Good luck with the new car. EVEN more reason for those brembos let's keep the 5.0 in one piece though! Let us know how it goes.

Oh yeah for sure I've been thinking about bigger brakes haha

Old 02-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man! And yeah another reason to go for the silver with brembos best to have good brakes!

Old 02-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Just don't do dumb **** like speeding with the new one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Well the dealer wouldn't move even $500 of the sticker on the silver one so I packed up and left and not looking back. Talking $28k after tax and stuff, a rip off there i have to think. Well on to the blue one to see what's offered. There's also a base 2011 5.0 with 18k miles for 21.5k private party I might check out. I'll post a autotrader link to it in a sec, let me know opinions on it. Thanks all!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:08 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanV6Lee View Post
Well the dealer wouldn't move even $500 of the sticker on the silver one so I packed up and left and not looking back. Talking $28k after tax and stuff, a rip off there i have to think. Well on to the blue one to see what's offered. There's also a base 2011 5.0 with 18k miles for 21.5k private party I might check out. I'll post a autotrader link to it in a sec, let me know opinions on it. Thanks all!

That dealer was dumb

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If the DIB car doesn't budge significantly from their price, I would also walk. That car is really a horrible deal unless you shave off like $4k.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

This is the private party that's also a possibility which would leave me a lot of money for mods. Let me know what you think it it thanks!

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal...5D%5D%5B%5D%5D

Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

That's crazy. I looked again at what I paid for mine just last oct. It's literally the same as the silver one options wise. 34,900 sticker, talked down to 31, plus the 800 delivery, 3500 in rebates...28,300 plus tax and license. I traded in my tacoma and basically paid all the fees so I only financed like 26. End of the day if I can get the same car for 28 NEW 4 months ago, they should have tried to work a deal with you. Good luck on the blue one. But don't settle just because. Shop around man. Get what you want.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

That private party one looks pretty nice. Looks like a roush spoiler and brembos. That's great miles for that year!

Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
That private party one looks pretty nice. Looks like a roush spoiler and brembos. That's great miles for that year!

Yeah I'm not going to settle for something I won't be happy with whether it's because of price or car. I'm willing to wait out the one that I'll really love. And yeah I noticed the 2011 seems like a nice car It had no real features other than those and Saleen hood. I don't car about features really just look and performance besides with the money left over I could add stuff. What do you think of the price on it?

Old 02-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

I'd look elsewhere. I wouldn't give them.my money no matter how much I want the car.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
You just need to keep looking for the one you want, and it's kind of crap shoot when you guy from a private party, no warranty and basically bought as is, where is.
Try for a dealer unless you know the private party.

Here is one that has Brembo brake package and 3.73 gears, 14 and less than 5k miles.

Cars for Sale: 2014 Ford Mustang GT in Covington, GA 30014: Coupe Details - 391507010 - AutoTrader.com
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Good job not settling man they're crazy not going down. When I got my 2014 v6 they didn't want to move down too much so I was leaving and the dude knocked $5k off in July 2013 then another dealership knocked off about $7k for my 2014 gt I got in August 2014. They're just being greedy so screw them

Old 02-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
You just need to keep looking for the one you want, and it's kind of crap shoot when you guy from a private party, no warranty and basically bought as is, where is.

Here is one that has Brembo brake package and 3.73 gears, 14 and less than 5k miles.

Cars for Sale: 2014 Ford Mustang GT in Covington, GA 30014: Coupe Details - 391507010 - AutoTrader.com

I saw this one and called down a just last week about it. It's not listed on autotrader or their site but it's a manufacturer buyback.. Not as great a deal when that came to light. But yeah the dealer with the silver one was just greedy I think.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #53
Registered Member

Regular

I love looking at cars..........here is one of favorite colors;
Although this car is a real base model with no Tech/Sync it is a real deal TrackPak car, has special suspension, 3.73 gears, Boss302 oil cooler and radiator and the limited slip Torsen is set up with a different bias as is the traction control.

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Mustang GT in Clinton, TN 37716: Coupe Details - 384962887 - AutoTrader.com
Old 02-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #54
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
This is the private party that's also a possibility which would leave me a lot of money for mods. Let me know what you think it it thanks!

AutoTrader.com Mobile:: Used 2011 Ford Mustang GT

That one has 3.73, and brembo package, manual cloth seats
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Although this car is a real base model with no Tech/Sync it is a real deal TrackPak car, has special suspension, 3.73 gears, Boss302 oil cooler and radiator and the limited slip Torsen is set up with a different bias as is the traction control.

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Mustang GT in Clinton, TN 37716: Coupe Details - 384962887 - AutoTrader.com

That one looks amazing, just unfortunately might be a bit over my budget. I really need to find one with a walk out price 26.5k or less with that as my absolute max.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:45 PM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

It never hurts to try, all they can say is no.
They probably bought it for around $23,500.............so $26,500 out the door should be in the ball park...........Do you have a sales tax back there? That could change things a bit.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like the sterling grey 11 personally. One thing I don't understand is why do some of these idiots only put 3k miles on a car then sell it? What's the point why buy it if ur not gonna drive it and you'll always take a hit when it comes time to sell anyway regardless of if you kept the miles off.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This car was for sale for 23k in Lexington,ky a month ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423801012.447155.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	175289

clwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

That's the worst advice I've heard yet. Your much better off buying from a private party, not only are you paying much less in tax but also a lower purchase price most of the time. If it was some Honda grocery getter sure you dunno if they maintained it, but cars like these you can tell if a car enthusiast owned it and if so it was probably better taken care if then some neglected junk someone just traded off to the dealer. The dealership your simply paying the middle man. That car your buying from the dealer isn't any different now that the dealer has it then if the guy who traded it in would have sold it private party...

Old 02-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I had a deal worked out on that blue one in Lexington for 23,500 out the door. Then they called me and said they had sold it before I got there, so needless to say that dealership in TN probably got a deal and would be willing to come down. I ended up buying an 11 GT premium, Brembo 401a and navi with 22k miles for 21,500 out the door. The deals are out there if you are patient I looked for over 6 months and pretty much told the dealer I bought mine from if he didn't come to my price it wouldn't be the first one I walked a way on. Let him know I did t need it.

clwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
I like the sterling grey 11 personally. One thing I don't understand is why do some of these idiots only put 3k miles on a car then sell it? What's the point why buy it if ur not gonna drive it and you'll always take a hit when it comes time to sell anyway regardless of if you kept the miles off.

Apparently the guy had his hours or pay get cut at his job and could no longer to have the payments on the car as a weekend fun car, I believe that's why he's selling it off. Although one persons loss is another's gain right? But as mentioned above on the track pack yes there's a 7% sales tax, and it is true the worst they can say is no. The only debating comes from whether the drive to see it would be worth that possibility.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
That's the worst advice I've heard yet. Your much better off buying from a private party, not only are you paying much less in tax but also a lower purchase price most of the time. If it was some Honda grocery getter sure you dunno if they maintained it, but cars like these you can tell if a car enthusiast owned it and if so it was probably better taken care if then some neglected junk someone just traded off to the dealer. The dealership your simply paying the middle man. That car your buying from the dealer isn't any different now that the dealer has it then if the guy who traded it in would have sold it private party...

That advise is just plain stupid............when you buy from a dealer you've got warranty even if it's only 90 days. From a private party even running a CarFax you've got no recourse if something goes wrong with the car. Ok, you may pay a few more bucks, but when it comes to a newer car with the bumper to bumper warranty gone it can get expensive really fast.
Used car dealers and private parties can and do hide a lot of crap. Just doesn't make any sense to buy from a private party or used car lot.............unless you know them and the car well.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #63
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Apparently the guy had his hours or pay get cut at his job and could no longer to have the payments on the car as a weekend fun car, I believe that's why he's selling it off. Although one persons loss is another's gain right? But as mentioned above on the track pack yes there's a 7% sales tax, and it is true the worst they can say is no. The only debating comes from whether the drive to see it would be worth that possibility.

The TracPak 14 I bought last year (from a Chevy Dealer) had 2,700 miles..........the guy traded it in on a 14 Corvette. They were asking $28,889............I started over the internet since I was in California and they were in Oregon............it took me about 5 days of going back and forth and a couple of phone calls
and I got them down $2500. I had all of the paperwork ready and drove up to take it for a test drive and make sure it was everything they said it was. If it hadn't lived up to my expectations I had nothing to loose except the drive because I had signed nothing.................being there in person and sitting down at a table and haggling over price is dying out, it's so much easier to do it in person.
Now, with that said the guy above said something about the car selling for $23 or some issue with the dealer, if that is the case I might pass. Sounds kind of like a shaddy dealer, and just like there are shaddy private parties out there, the same goes for dealers.
You find what you want and make sure it's really what you want and can afford.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Here is very good example of a private party claiming to be the original owner of this car;

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Mustang GT in Montgomery, AL 36109: Coupe Details - 380566677 - AutoTrader.com

He says it's a TrackPak car and he bought it brand new and when you look at the vin# it a plane Jane Mustang with Brembo brake package and 3.73 gears and he is asking premium money for it.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here is very good example of a private party claiming to be the original owner of this car;

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Mustang GT in Montgomery, AL 36109: Coupe Details - 380566677 - AutoTrader.com

He says it's a TrackPak car and he bought it brand new and when you look at the vin# it a plane Jane Mustang with Brembo brake package and 3.73 gears and he is asking premium money for it.
That's because he is asking his payoff, which he'll soon learn will never happen. Many cars you see out there for sale are from people that probably couldn't really afford the car to begin with and are now stuck with a massive payment they can't make. They're dreaming big thinking they can get their payoff, but obviously don't know any better.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by litfuse View Post
I just paid a little over 28k OTD for a brand new 2014 GT with the track pack. This might help you understand the relation between what new ones are going for compared to used.

thats actually a pretty good deal. I paid $28XXX before tax & title.

I got the auto, base, and power seats.

Plus someone else paid 26,100 for a new GT.

How do you all get these great deals.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #67
Registered Member

Regular

^ I actually think a guy who trades in a car is the one that has hidden the issues. Now on a brand new car like a 2014 it would be pretty hard to have ruined a car completely. But the guy who has taken car of a car and has nothing to hide and doesn't want to get raped by the dealer it makes sense to sell it private party. It maximizes what they get for it, plus they get to know the guy who is going to take ownership of their baby. There are always one offs. But when you buy it from the dealer your paying for all those extras, like a warranty, that you don't need. 90% of us void our warranties by modding right out of the gate anyway.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Two weeks ago I drove a 15 w/Performance Pak and Deep Impact Blue with staggered 19's (factory), almost a clone to my 14 TrackPak car and I got him down to $33,500 but he wouldn't give me what I wanted for my car (I hold the title), so, you can deal on any car, new or used.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I paid $28,400 for my brand new base model 14 GT with an automatic transmission before taxes and title. The car stickered for $32,700. This was in August of 2013. In 2014, I saw the exact same car that I have down to the color and options for sale new for about $26,600 due to the incentives that were out at the time.

I also personally wouldn't buy a 2011 just because they had less HP, a few of them had the #8 cylinder issue, and I like the look of the 13 & 14 better but that is just me.

Wayne
Old 02-13-2015, 11:22 AM   #70
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

You are correct sir,
the 300A package is the lowest optioned car you could get, it's the same package I ordered mine as, I don't care for all the extra bells and whistles. Only options I added to mine are automatic, Brembo, and Recaro. When I first test drove the 2013 the dealer was enlightening me to each bell and whistle iption, on a loaded Premium car, and my question for him on each extra unwanted option, was " Will it make the car faster"? Sync= Faster? NO, Power seats=Faster? NO, etc. Im the only person drives my car, so I have no need for heated or power seats, no need for talking to the car with sync, I dont use extra doohickies for listening to music, I dont need dashboard changing colors, etc.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT