Need help on pricing for buying my GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #71
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^ I actually think a guy who trades in a car is the one that has hidden the issues. Now on a brand new car like a 2014 it would be pretty hard to have ruined a car completely. But the guy who has taken car of a car and has nothing to hide and doesn't want to get raped by the dealer it makes sense to sell it private party. It maximizes what they get for it, plus they get to know the guy who is going to take ownership of their baby. There are always one offs. But when you buy it from the dealer your paying for all those extras, like a warranty, that you don't need. 90% of us void our warranties by modding right out of the gate anyway.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
It's not hard to see if someone has taken care of a car and it's easy enough to have a dealer check maintenance records on the car, but it's hard to know how hard the guy has thrashed the car especially if the tires are new. When you go into a dealer do your homework, see what cars are going for in your area, take a look at KellyBlueBook/CarMax/autotrade.............then go into your dealer and usually if you have a nice car either the dealer will come down on the car you are going to buy or will give you what you want for your car (within reason)............when I was dealing on the 2015 a couple of weeks ago I got the dealer down $33,500k, but I wanted what I paid for my 14 and he wouldn't give it to me, so I told him thanks for the test ride. As for a warranty, if the car dealer does not offer a free 60/90 warranty(I'm not talking about the aftermarket type of $1500/2500 warranty...they are useless) I'd walk away. As for the factory warranty, it's up to the Ford dealer and if he is not on your side or willing to fight for you it will be denied............that's why I make friends with the parts manager and service manager and try and used them whenever I can.............when I bought my 2013 GT500 rear valance and twin tip mufflers, sure I could have saved a couple of bucks, but I went in and negotiated with the parts manager for 2nd tier jobber price and told him I would come in for all of my OE parts..........I told the service manager I'd have my oil changed every 5k miles and that I got jobber price from the parts manager to buy Motorcraft oil/filter and would put it in the trunk.................it costs me $18 for an oil change and they even let me come in and watch if I like....................make friends not enemies..........IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #72
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
You are correct sir,
the 300A package is the lowest optioned car you could get, it's the same package I ordered mine as, I don't care for all the extra bells and whistles. Only options I added to mine are automatic, Brembo, and Recaro. When I first test drove the 2013 the dealer was enlightening me to each bell and whistle iption, on a loaded Premium car, and my question for him on each extra unwanted option, was " Will it make the car faster"? Sync= Faster? NO, Power seats=Faster? NO, etc. Im the only person drives my car, so I have no need for heated or power seats, no need for talking to the car with sync, I dont use extra doohickies for listening to music, I dont need dashboard changing colors, etc.
I'm in total agreement with you, my 14 (although I didn't buy it new but with 2700 miles) has the 301A, TrackPak and Recaro options on the Base GT. I tried using the Sync the other and gave up so it's no big deal. I ordered the last of the 76 Big Block Trans Am's from the factory with NO Air, in Oregon you don't really need it.
I'm 70 and just don't need all of the fancy stuff........just HP.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I guess I'm in the minority, I love Sync. I love being able to put in a USB drive and listen to all my music.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Personally I don't really car about the extra features. And the very slight hp drop going to the 11 isn't much of a deal to me, I do like the 13-14's best though. But in the end I'm all about the price. The best car for the price inside my budget will be the one I go for as long as it's either got a nice appearance or cheap enough to upgrade appearance.

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Old 02-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #75
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Need help on pricing for buying my GT

Private party...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1423858313.828166.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	175320

23500 firm he says. Track pack car. Has 26k on it and new tires...which means he had a little fun in it but you would still have the factory warranty. That's a good deal in my opinion (I realize you live south and this isn't going to be the car for you but deals are out there)

oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:36 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Private party...

Attachment 175320

23500 firm he says. Track pack car. Has 26k on it and new tires...which means he had a little fun in it but you would still have the factory warranty. That's a good deal in my opinion (I realize you live south and this isn't going to be the car for you but deals are out there)

Yeah that looks like a great car with the price mileage and all. But yeah a deal will come along, and I'm not in any rush to buy one as soon as possible. Though as soon as a great deal pops up near me I'll definitely jump on it. Till then I'll check around and see what I can see!

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT