Need help on pricing for buying my GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Need help on pricing for buying my GT

Hey guys here is my problem my last car a 2014 v6 got totaled. and my insurance gave me more money than i paid for the car, which I'm now using to get a 2014 5.0. I've really narrowed it down to two cars, both of which i like. but i need help on figuring out what a fair and obtainable walk out price would be on them. Im listing the links below any and all help, advice, or comments will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Used Certified One-Owner 2014 Ford Mustang GT - Serving Gainesville GA - Greene Ford

http://autonationfordmarietta.com/Ma...-Car/35370389/
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 04:33 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Honestly they are both pretty new. I like the miles of the grey one but I don't feel it matters much on a one year old car. Which one looks better to you is what it may come down to

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

I would like to get them down to 25 for the grey and 23.5 or 24 for the blue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I would like to get them down to 25 for the grey and 23.5 or 24 for the blue

I personally like the ingot silver better, its actually my favorite color hands down on these models, but I'm a price buyer so i try to go for the best deal. So if i want to go for the gray i should try for 25k walkout? what should i start at for an opening number then?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanV6Lee View Post
I personally like the ingot silver better, its actually my favorite color hands down on these models, but I'm a price buyer so i try to go for the best deal. So if i want to go for the gray i should try for 25k walkout? what should i start at for an opening number then?
I think 25 is a decent walkout. I would walk in there and say 22k cash done deal and see how they respond

Old 02-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, I always have a hard time trying to figure out what number to open with. i feel getting other opinions is always best. I going to be buying outright, so should i write a check or two before hand for like 24k or 24.5k and some other number so once its closer i can whip out one of them and say, well I've got the money ready all you need to do is accept it?
Old 02-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Are they going to be personal checks? If so right one for 22 or 23 whatever you start at and walk in and after looking it over abd whatnot offer them the check and go from there. After the haggling is done write the proper check. Make sure to talk up how popular the 15s are and talk about how you know a lot of guys going from 14s to 15s.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are they going to be personal checks? If so right one for 22 or 23 whatever you start at and walk in and after looking it over abd whatnot offer them the check and go from there. After the haggling is done write the proper check. Make sure to talk up how popular the 15s are and talk about how you know a lot of guys going from 14s to 15s.

Yes they will be personal checks, and ok that does sound like a good idea to write one for the opening price then the closing one. Talking up the 15's is a great idea i hadn't thought of that, though all the dealers I've been to have been saying how they love the 15's. I guess i could use that to say I'm not sure on the popularity of the 14's and if i would regret it.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #9
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
The silver has the 19 inch wheels with summer tires: brembo package, while the Blue has the base wheels with 18 all seasons. I'd be more inclined to go silver, you'd have a slightly better package.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
The silver has the 19 inch wheels with summer tires: brembo package, while the Blue has the base wheels with 18 all seasons. I'd be more inclined to go silver, you'd have a slightly better package.

The silver also has the tech package while the blue does not. I saw the 19 inch wheels but I wasn't able to tell if it has the brembos cause I didn't see the red caliper. But I'm preferring silver myself, i just need them to go for a price I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
The silver also has the tech package while the blue does not. I saw the 19 inch wheels but I wasn't able to tell if it has the brembos cause I didn't see the red caliper. But I'm preferring silver myself, i just need them to go for a price I like.

Factory Brembo comes in a flat finish, not red
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIB0004.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	251.2 KB
ID:	175219  
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Definitely go with the ingot silver! Better package overall. Plus, that interior on the Deep Impact Blue is absolutely hideous in my opinion (those were def added by the previous owner)! yuuuck. It is also a bone stock car. Not a single option. I don't think you'd be happy with it.

Plus, you love ingot silver so there you go! The ingot silver has the Brembo Package + 3.73s + sync & tech package. I think the $22k opening bid is a good place to start from. I see them meeting you in the middle, in my opinion.

From my experience with dealerships in my area (I know everyone is different, but it may be used as a guideline), they tend to add $3k to the price they paid when it comes to trade-ins.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

Also make it obvious you have other options. Let them know you don't need it and are ready to walk away

Old 02-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I just paid a little over 28k OTD for a brand new 2014 GT with the track pack. This might help you understand the relation between what new ones are going for compared to used.

litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

If the car has the brembos like this one does, according to the dealer where I bought mine the tech package is added. I think the brembo car is actually the better deal. When you look at what it would cost to upgrade the blue one, it's worth it. I test drove a non brembo car and then ordered mine and man it was a different car all together. Plus it looks killer 😵

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I prefer the blue, but I'd go for the silver since it has sync.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

^seriously? Sync sucks. Worthless money maker for ford. Replaced my entire stereo system before was a month old. The sync always gave me crap, I'd have to select my device every time I wanted to stream music from my phone ect. I wouldn't buy the car for that reason.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I think 25 is a decent walkout. I would walk in there and say 22k cash done deal and see how they respond

I agree, 22k is a good, firm amount. Cash on hand goes a long way. Most dealers want to recoup the $500 they shelled out for the mandatory inspection and make $3000 profit. After tax, title all that b.s. you should be in the car for ~23-24k.

I'd talk up the 15's, but do remember the used 13/14 market is still popular as many prefer that model over the 15, so don't get carried away with that line.

I would be sure to withhold any emotion either for or against while looking at/test driving the car. A good salesperson will pick up on that and use it against you come negotiating time. They are taught that once you become an emotional buyer, you'll be more willing to justify their best offer and settle on that.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^seriously? Sync sucks. Worthless money maker for ford. Replaced my entire stereo system before was a month old. The sync always gave me crap, I'd have to select my device every time I wanted to stream music from my phone ect. I wouldn't buy the car for that reason.

Yeah, factory bluetooth integration. In MD it's illegal to not have hands free and drive. I'd much rather have it factory than wear a stupid ear piece or go aftermarket.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Yeah my aftermarket is as good or better. Plus I get gps, sat radio, back up camera, and hands free Bluetooth. I get what your saying but for the money the dealer charges for that feature, you can have a great aftermarket unit installed ect

Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Go with the silver one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered my 2014 5.0 base brand new for $26,100 in April. Keep that in mind.

BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Check the vin out before you go and talk with them, use

http://www.kwford.com/look-up-window...n_mercury.aspx
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ingot Silver!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for all the responses on advice everyone! First I don't know that the brembos came without the red so thank you there! And as for the silver being cloth, personally leather seats don't matter at all to me really I'm more for appearance and performance. As for the pricing it seems like people are all saying starting at 22k opening and settling for around 23-24k is the way to go. And playing up the 15's a bit with out going overboard on it is solid advice I'll definitely use. I feel like I'm going to be well prepared for the rest drive tomorrow afternoon and the price negotiation that night. All your suggestions have been extremely helpful and makes me glad this forum is here! I'll keep you all updated as I test drive and hopefully walk away with the car. All in all I'll tell them I've got a line on another but I believe the silver is my first choice.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I'm not going to add much, since the sticker on the car new was
$34,495......+$825 destination charge......the highest I'd go would be $24k. Be careful about playing up the 15, 14's seem to be holding their own at least out West and the car still has less than 4k miles.........mine was a TrakPak car and I paid $25,500 (although it was a Chevy dealer) and mine had 2700 miles. The one thing you might say is that is a stripped down "Base Model" with two options, Brembo brakes which were $1695 and the 301A group, power drivers seat/sync/tech packages which were $1,195 on top of a $31,210 list.
Good luck and send pictures when you bring it home....another $395.

And it has the 3.73 gears which make the car soooooo much more fun to drive...........except in the wet in 1st or 2nd gear.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I'm not going to add much, since the sticker on the car new was
$34,495......+$825 destination charge......the highest I'd go would be $24k. Be careful about playing up the 15, 14's seem to be holding their own at least out West and the car still has less than 4k miles.........mine was a TrakPak car and I paid $25,500 (although it was a Chevy dealer) and mine had 2700 miles. The one thing you might say is that is a stripped down "Base Model" with two options, Brembo brakes which were $1695 and the 301A group, power drivers seat/sync/tech packages which were $1,195 on top of a $31,210 list.
Good luck and send pictures when you bring it home....another $395.

And it has the 3.73 gears which make the car soooooo much more fun to drive...........except in the wet in 1st or 2nd gear.
Yeah from what i've seen a lot of normal drivers still are die hard 13-14 fans, but a lot of dealers are the ones that say the 15's are amazing. so ill just use their words against them a bit but not too much. And yeah 4k miles plus certified with an additional 12k 1 year bumper to bumper and 100k powertran lol. how does track pack compare in pricing to the the two on this car? and if i walk out with it for 24k id be crazy happy cause i got 25k from insurance for my last car so id have an extra grand for upgrades! and i can imagine, but i think ill love the upgraded gears all the same, which the blue one also does not have lol. thanks for your input and help!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey guys here is my problem my last car a 2014 v6 got totaled. and my insurance gave me more money than i paid for the car, which I'm now using to get a 2014 5.0. I've really narrowed it down to two cars, both of which i like. but i need help on figuring out what a fair and obtainable walk out price would be on them. Im listing the links below any and all help, advice, or comments will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Used Certified One-Owner 2014 Ford Mustang GT - Serving Gainesville GA - Greene Ford

http://autonationfordmarietta.com/Ma...-Car/35370389/
Same thing happened to me not too long ago. Back in July i totaled my 2014 v6 and got more money for the car so i bought a 2014 gt in August. I knew the 2015 was coming out but im not really the biggest fan of that model and i love the 13/14 so i went with that. The sticker was almost $40k but i got them down to $32k
canesfan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Yeah my aftermarket is as good or better. Plus I get gps, sat radio, back up camera, and hands free Bluetooth. I get what your saying but for the money the dealer charges for that feature, you can have a great aftermarket unit installed ect

Wouldn't a aftermarket void the warranty? I'm not really liking the base options. I'm looking for a aftermarket setup but I don't want to void the warranty.

andyx5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:31 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan727 View Post
Same thing happened to me not too long ago. Back in July i totaled my 2014 v6 and got more money for the car so i bought a 2014 gt in August. I knew the 2015 was coming out but im not really the biggest fan of that model and i love the 13/14 so i went with that. The sticker was almost $40k but i got them down to $32k

Seems like we got in the same boat then lol, it was one of those things as soon as they told me I was getting that much I really wasn't mad but happy. "Shoulda had a v8 moment lol". I also love the 13-14s the best, any regrets going from the v6 to GT?

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Old 02-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #31
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
I agree, 22k is a good, firm amount. Cash on hand goes a long way. Most dealers want to recoup the $500 they shelled out for the mandatory inspection and make $3000 profit. After tax, title all that b.s. you should be in the car for ~23-24k.

I'd talk up the 15's, but do remember the used 13/14 market is still popular as many prefer that model over the 15, so don't get carried away with that line.

I would be sure to withhold any emotion either for or against while looking at/test driving the car. A good salesperson will pick up on that and use it against you come negotiating time. They are taught that once you become an emotional buyer, you'll be more willing to justify their best offer and settle on that.

Well stated. I worked retail sales for a while and it's clear as day. It's so easy to sell on emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony View Post
Factory Brembo comes in a flat finish, not red

I thought so, but wasn't sure. They looked like the brembo calipers.

Quote:

I believe Ford is going to phase out Microsoft in the very near future.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Sync does have some issues, but I enjoy it with a USB flash drive. I just replaced the crap-tastic door speakers and threw a small sub in the trunk. Happy as can be with Sync now. Post some pictures when you get it!

Couldn't agree more, the 13-14 is my favorite style, the 15 just isn't my cup of tea.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Seems like we got in the same boat then lol, it was one of those things as soon as they told me I was getting that much I really wasn't mad but happy. "Shoulda had a v8 moment lol". I also love the 13-14s the best, any regrets going from the v6 to GT?

"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Yeah I didn't care too much because honestly my cousin and I were just luck to survive. I have no regrets going to the GT tho because it is so much more fun to me. I pretty much got the same car I had before just with a different spoiler and engine and 3.73 gears haha. Here are some pictures of my v6 when I totaled it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10488070_10152264692968037_6711753299552539607_n.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	175253   Click image for larger version

Name:	10492464_10152264690663037_2660613695512627681_n.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	175254  

Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Did that board go through the windshield when you were in it?!? I would be counting my blessings and changing my boxers. :O
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byock View Post
Did that board go through the windshield when you were in it?!? I would be counting my blessings and changing my boxers. :O
Yes we were very lucky. We were on a road I had never been on and I was speeding (yes I know that was very stupid) and when I went over a crest there was a sharp turn I didn't know about so i tried to slow down and turn but neither really happened and we started sliding on gravel so we hit that post with a few mailboxes on it at 70-80mph and went up then back down a bank and back into the street. It went through my windshield and we got knocked out so the first thing i remember seeing was that I had no windshield and a big piece of wood between my cousin and I and blood everywhere. The airbags didn't go off at all but I was told that if they would have it would have kept us in place and I probably would have had my head taken off so I didn't really care too much haha. Pretty scary moment that's why I didn't really care about the car and I for sure learned my lesson about roads I have never been on and going too fast through turns.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT