Looking 4 FACTS abot AM SR brand quailty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Looking 4 FACTS abot AM SR brand quailty

Hey there,
Looking for facts or pix about why people are down on AM's SR suspension parts. Says BMR is better is no fact. where's ur proof? Pix? info on wall size of metal? anything?

I ask b/c being someone that can build them for about 60$, I'd like the reason to spend X amount more for the same thing. I'm only buying the parts as I have way too much on the go.
Car there for is a 2014 GT 6-spd, 3.73
dinobike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Cheap knockoff inferior parts.

Where's your proof they're just as good?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Cheap knockoff inferior parts.

Where's your proof they're just as good?
Well lets take the LCA. If there the same metal and wall thinkness. Then there the same.
And i'm not saying SR is better, I'm asking why BMR is better. If someone says/thinks there better the burden of proof is on that person making said statement.

I've found no info on metal thickness, etc for most of the suspension parts.
after market is better b/c poly urethane bushings flex less then stock and any tubing arm is stronger then a stamped stock part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
So, SR just says metal tubing..........what kind, wall thickness, grade????
At least BMR says DOM tubing and both BMR and Whiteline make 4130 Chrome Moly LCA's and UCA pieces.................building tubing suspension pieces with anything less is stupid.
If you want to buy cheap pieces for your own car be my guest.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
So, SR just says metal tubing..........what kind, wall thickness, grade????
At least BMR says DOM tubing and both BMR and Whiteline make 4130 Chrome Moly LCA's and UCA pieces.................building tubing suspension pieces with anything less is stupid.
If you want to buy cheap pieces for your own car be my guest.
I did see the DOM but i did find there size is smaller then SR. and off the BMR website the tube adapters are chromolly not the whole thing.

Is it a FACT the SR tubing is NOT DOM?
Any pix or proof that they bend, brake or anything at all?

This is the info I need to justify buying them. I'm not trolling or trying to start a fight or saying ones better Y? Y? Y? need info on both sides.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinobike19 View Post
I did see the DOM but i did find there size is smaller then SR. and off the BMR website the tube adapters are chromolly not the whole thing.

Probably smaller size because of the difference in DOM to what they are using................I don't know give them a call on Monday.

If it was DOM why don't they say so.............I don't know give them a call Monday.

This is the info I need to justify buying them. I'm not trolling or trying to start a fight or saying ones better Y? Y? Y? need info on both sides.
Maybe the BMR guys will say something.............if not buy whatever you want and pay whatever you want............it's your car..............or call the people at SR and BMR and Whiteline and find out what they say.............then make your decision...pretty simple.............if it's not Chrome Moly then go to someone who builds with it...........or if you don't care about adding unsprung weight buy square tubing............
Old 02-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I guarantee if it was DOM they would advertise it. It's much more expensive and they would be idiots if they didn't let you know where your money is going. It's simple economics, they are in the business of making money...not possible at the prices they sell if they are using expensive material. I have yet to purchase any suspension for my car as I am still doing my homework and trying to decide what my ultimate ride goal is. But I have already decided I do not like the quality or lack of specifics presented by SR.

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I have SR LCA's, springs, and strut tower brace with 15 passes down the drag strip. Granted I don't run DR's for that added grip and stress on components, but they've held up fine. To each their own though with brand Biases. I also have BMR suspension components.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Brand Bias has nothing to do with it. I look at the material that is used and how they are built. I want something I know I can be pushed past the limit and still be in one piece.
15 passes on a drag strip doesn't show anything......try 100.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have SR LCA's and I havent had any problems but I can say that the grease fittings are facing different directions, one side is facing up and on the other is facing down so when you have to grease it you cant. To me thats cutting corners. But im keeping them for now.
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Brand Bias has nothing to do with it. I look at the material that is used and how they are built. I want something I know I can be pushed past the limit and still be in one piece.
15 passes on a drag strip doesn't show anything......try 100.

Well sir, as my car does mainly daily duties, it won't be seeing 100 passes lol. And brand bias has everything to do with it. People by parts because they're popular with other people who like the brand. Tell you what, I'll stick with what I got, and you do the same eh? If something happens, it's on me

Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I take my my car to the drag strip twice a summer. The rest of the spring/summer/fall it's my daily, then it sits. The SR's do their job just fine. Like I said, I have BMR components throughout my suspension. Polyurethane bushings are polyurethane bushings. 350rwhp isn't enough to break anything. The drive shaft would go before LCA's. I simply don't run the car hard enough. Like I said, I bought what I bought, and that's it. Food for thought though, go on AM, all their drag cars run these LCA's with numerous passes...maybe even 100?

Old 02-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Let me clarify, if I was building an all out strip monster, I wouldn't use SR. Hell I probably wouldn't even use BMR. I'd use the top of the crop I could get my hands on. But I'm not, so I won't. SR suits my needs for a few parts in particular. There's no real need to bash them.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:33 AM   #14
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Besides just sizes and wall thickness, you would need to ask exactly what material they are and what the material specs are guaranteed to? Even then you would need to know what filler was used in welds, weld prep, and even the welder/weld inspector certifications, if you wanted to really know the whole story.

Doubt both companies would offer up that much information. (or they may just fudge their answers a bit if you press them). Even if they did, you are going to need at least some training in mech engineering to be able to calculate the difference.

So yeah, "brand bias" is probably the best you are going to get, which I don't see why anyone would discount multiple happy customers, if the product is good enough for the use.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
Besides just sizes and wall thickness, you would need to ask exactly what material they are and what the material specs are guaranteed to? Even then you would need to know what filler was used in welds, weld prep, and even the welder/weld inspector certifications, if you wanted to really know the whole story.

Doubt both companies would offer up that much information. (or they may just fudge their answers a bit if you press them). Even if they did, you are going to need at least some training in mech engineering to be able to calculate the difference.

So yeah, "brand bias" is probably the best you are going to get, which I don't see why anyone would discount multiple happy customers, if the product is good enough for the use.
Done and done. This is why i wanted some info. I'm not trying to be bias at all. Thought i'd put it out there and might get some info. Maybe someone called SR already and got the info i wanted. I agree i don't like how theres no website like BMR, but that doesn't prove anything.

And as for welds i have my red seal, have access to supplies on the cheap and have a shop. And i would build them myself but bridges don't build themselves.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #16
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Done and done. This is why i wanted some info. I'm not trying to be bias at all. Thought i'd put it out there and might get some info. Maybe someone called SR already and got the info i wanted. I agree i don't like how theres no website like BMR, but that doesn't prove anything.

And as for welds i have my red seal, have access to supplies on the cheap and have a shop. And i would build them myself but bridges don't build themselves.
Not faulting for asking for info at all, but without knowing the loads that are imparted on the parts, how would you decide even if you did find out which was stronger?

Probably should ignore part sizes and ask each manufacturer what the factor of safety is on each part. The weaker one may be "better" if it is lighter, but still has a 1.5-2 FOS. Even if they won't tell you, I'd at least ask if they have an engineering staff that checked it.

And who could someone have talked to about part specifics at SR? I can't even find a web page for Stack Racing? Guy at the end of this thread claims he knows who makes SR, maybe PM him and he might tell you.

Mods from SR any good?
Old 02-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So what's the plan brother? What are you going to do?

Old 02-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not faulting for asking for info at all, but without knowing the loads that are imparted on the parts, how would you decide even if you did find out which was stronger?

Probably should ignore part sizes and ask each manufacturer what the factor of safety is on each part. The weaker one may be "better" if it is lighter, but still has a 1.5-2 FOS. Even if they won't tell you, I'd at least ask if they have an engineering staff that checked it.

And who could someone have talked to about part specifics at SR? I can't even find a web page for Stack Racing? Guy at the end of this thread claims he knows who makes SR, maybe PM him and he might tell you.

Mods from SR any good?
Thank you. info or at least a place to get it or a number. Thanks again
Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mods from SR any good?

I agree with the lack of info on the company...when making my purchase, I basically went off of the fact the guys at AM used the LCA's on their personal/drag vehicles, and bash me if anyone wants, the reviews. There's not a negative ones to be had. Also another point to be made, they're not far off in price from the BMR's, I'd assume the quality wouldn't be far off as well. But, this is all subjective as there is not a lot of info on the matter.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
I agree with the lack of info on the company...when making my purchase, I basically went off of the fact the guys at AM used the LCA's on their personal/drag vehicles, and bash me if anyone wants, the reviews. There's not a negative ones to be had. Also another point to be made, they're not far off in price from the BMR's, I'd assume the quality wouldn't be far off as well. But, this is all subjective as there is not a lot of info on the matter.

I agree. and really to each there own. Sadly I cannot assume. If i did that at work people die, or we lose millions. Information in power. I have to wait until the long weekend is over to call around anyways.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I agree. and really to each there own. Sadly I cannot assume. If i did that at work people die, or we lose millions. Information in power. I have to wait until the long weekend is over to call around anyways.
Also, they delete most of the negative reviews.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Lol how do you know that? I've seen quite a few on other parts.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Sad if they do. No real point in doing that

Old 02-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol how do you know that? I've seen quite a few on other parts.

Either that or they take God knows how long posting the negative reviews. Friends of mine have submitted negative reviews that never got posted.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Either that or they take God knows how long posting the negative reviews. Friends of mine have submitted negative reviews that never got posted.

Hmmmm, welp, I can't say either way for sure because I don't truly know. I do see negative reviews dependent upon the part. Do you remember which parts your friends posted negative reviews for?

Old 02-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmmm, welp, I can't say either way for sure because I don't truly know. I do see negative reviews dependent upon the part. Do you remember which parts your friends posted negative reviews for?

I wish I did. It was a while ago.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Well for my car everything for suspension will be BMR, Koni, and Ford Racing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I've seen this happen on a lot of sites.

Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I've seen this happen on a lot of sites.

I'm sure. It's ridiculous
Old 02-15-2015, 06:43 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
These are cheaper than SR. Are they not comperable?
TCA032 - Lower Control Arms, Boxed, Non-adj, Poly Bushings | 2005 - 2014 Mustang GT | Lower Control Arms | BMR Suspension - High Performance Suspension & Chassis
special5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 AM   #31
OX1
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you. info or at least a place to get it or a number. Thanks again
PM if you find out please, may eventually do some mods in that area........
Old 02-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Is BMR's TCA032 not comparable to the SR? It's only $89 on BMR's site. Seems like a great deal, unless it's not the same LCA.

special5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I'm trying to figure out

Old 02-16-2015, 02:06 PM   #34
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hey there,
Looking for facts or pix about why people are down on AM's SR suspension parts. Says BMR is better is no fact. where's ur proof? Pix? info on wall size of metal? anything?

I ask b/c being someone that can build them for about 60$, I'd like the reason to spend X amount more for the same thing. I'm only buying the parts as I have way too much on the go.
Car there for is a 2014 GT 6-spd, 3.73
Hey again Dino -

Everyone is going to share their .02 on parts left and right and at the end of the day it's a public forum!

I'm sure you've seen me say it previously in a few other threads but one of the many perks working here is that I get to test fit and run parts. I've had a wide variety of SR Suspension components on my '01 and '08 Bullitt and I've put them to the test on many other co-workers cars along with shop cars. They work, and they work well!

We absolutely stand behind all of our vendors here equally be it KW Suspension, BMR, Whiteline, Eibach, J&M, JPC, H&R etc. There's always going to be a brand/something for everyone's budget that will work and what I can't stress enough is that we've tested and installed every single brand on our own Mustang's and haven't had issues. SR Makes great quality parts and I highly recommend them and if you're really interested to see what they're all about I'm happy to get you a set to test. If you like them you can let me know and we'll have them sold at a discounted rate. If you don't like them you can cover the shipping back to AM no questions asked.

Quote:
As per some of the comments here stating that we don't post negative reviews take a look at some of our product pages and you will see them. We approve all honest and appropriate reviews on the products sold here. The only reason if we wont have a review posted is either due to the fact that it's not in regards to the product itself or has profanity included etc. The only other instance that we'll have a review removed/deleted is that if it's directed towards the manufacturer regarding a previously brought up issue that had since been corrected. If then at that time we have new inventory and know the known issue has been rectified we will then have the reviews removed.

For example if customers were to keep saying in a negative review that...an included piece of hardware needed a washer for instance, we would work with the manufacture to have the needed hardware included. Once it were verified as being corrected/fixed we would then in turn have the negative reviews removed.

Just to hit on this again ...We post negative reviews, guys. Take a look at this Saleen Style Body Kit : You're going to see a few reviews like what's below - Becuase of these reviews we've been working with the manufacturer of the body kit and we think it's been corrected but we're waiting for customer feedback to verify this!

If anyone has any other questions please let don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey again Dino -

Everyone is going to share their .02 on parts left and right and at the end of the day it's a public forum!

I'm sure you've seen me say it previously in a few other threads but one of the many perks working here is that I get to test fit and run parts. I've had a wide variety of SR Suspension components on my '01 and '08 Bullitt and I've put them to the test on many other co-workers cars along with shop cars. They work, and they work well!

We absolutely stand behind all of our vendors here equally be it KW Suspension, BMR, Whiteline, Eibach, J&M, JPC, H&R etc. There's always going to be a brand/something for everyone's budget that will work and what I can't stress enough is that we've tested and installed every single brand on our own Mustang's and haven't had issues. SR Makes great quality parts and I highly recommend them and if you're really interested to see what they're all about I'm happy to get you a set to test. If you like them you can let me know and we'll have them sold at a discounted rate. If you don't like them you can cover the shipping back to AM no questions asked.

As per some of the comments here stating that we don't post negative reviews take a look at some of our product pages and you will see them. The only reason if we wont have a review posted is either due to the fact that it's not in regards to the product itself or has profanity included etc.

I have supported SR as I run it on my daily/occasional dragger. But as other have mentioned, can we get more information on Stack Racing the company itself?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT