rear end noise - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pss3286 View Post
Yes there is a number 1 next to rear differential fluid requirements

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutionm

Yes, I accept full responsibility for missing that. I did see the 1, but was looking at a PDF file so I didn't even think to flip to the next page.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 mustang View Post
I still want to know why they list it as a supplement and don't just list it as a required item if every car needs it. We all get the exact same diff unless you have a track pack, boss 302 or GT500 but those all require the fluid anyways. If you ask me it should be listed just like all the other fluids not like they have it. Just my thoughts though.
I will try and find out at the dealer.
It's kind of like my TrakPak car has the same motor as does yours, but mine uses 5/50w Synthetic instead of the normal 5/20w Synthetic..............so why is this. The only explanation is that the car being driven harder than normal.........50w gives more protection at higher speeds and temperatures...........
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Yes, I accept full responsibility for missing that. I did see the 1, but was looking at a PDF file so I didn't even think to flip to the next page.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
I missed it as well. Stupid mistake on my part but it happens.
2013 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2015, 12:43 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
just incase anyone was wondering thought I would post a picture of the car. I never really introduced myself to the forum. Also it now has Roush upper and lower grill on it.

Very nice looking car and I assume it's lowered, right?
What size wheels and tires are you running, from the angle they look kind of like TrakPak OE wheels.
I like it!
I spent almost 2 years in Germany (Frankfurt) in the mid 60's while I was in the Army. Where in Germany are you?
Old 02-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

I just now looked at my 2014 manual and I guess we all share some of the blame................it does say both Trak-Loc and Torsen............I just didn't realize they would use two different LSD in the Mustangs................anyone want to buy a used one with less than 8k miles in a few months.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
What size wheels and tires are you running, from the angle they look kind of like TrakPak OE wheels.
I like it!
I spent almost 2 years in Germany (Frankfurt) in the mid 60's while I was in the Army. Where in Germany are you?

Yes sir. It's lowered on ground control coilovers, whiteline watts link, upper control arm and mount, lower control arms and relocation brackets, and sway bar. Out front it has coilovers, sway bar, bumpsteer kit. I don't remember exactly how far its lowered off the top of my head. The wheels are 20x10 and 20x9 BMC black mamba. They are supersnake replicas but I'll tell you they look spot on to me. Tires are nitto invo 295/35R20 and 255/35R20. I've also got an MGW shifter, mac prochamber mid pipe and axelback and the Roush upper and lower grill. and I haven't been able to install the braided stainless clutch line and whiteline trans mount insert. It also has a kenwood navigation system with maestro dash kit. I've got big plans for the car but i don't plan on doing any Engine mods until everything else is done. ive got a few more things appearance wise I want to do. GT500 spoiler, roush splitters all the way around. CS fog lights. supersnake hood. After that its breaks and driveline stuff then I can start saving for engine stuff.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like it!
And to answer your other question I'm in Ramstein. I'm headed back to the states to Oklahoma this summer after 3 years here. I had fun while I was here though just time to go somewhere new now.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Yes sir. It's lowered on ground control coilovers, whiteline watts link, upper control arm and mount, lower control arms and relocation brackets, and sway bar. Out front it has coilovers, sway bar, bumpsteer kit. I don't remember exactly how far its lowered off the top of my head. The wheels are 20x10 and 20x9 BMC black mamba. They are supersnake replicas but I'll tell you they look spot on to me. Tires are nitto invo 295/35R20 and 255/35R20. I've also got an MGW shifter, mac prochamber mid pipe and axelback and the Roush upper and lower grill. and I haven't been able to install the braided stainless clutch line and whiteline trans mount insert. It also has a kenwood navigation system with maestro dash kit. I've got big plans for the car but i don't plan on doing any Engine mods until everything else is done. ive got a few more things appearance wise I want to do. GT500 spoiler, roush splitters all the way around. CS fog lights. supersnake hood. After that its breaks and driveline stuff then I can start saving for engine stuff.
You've certainly picked the right mod's to have a really fantastic car.
How are the roads over there. The last time I was in Germany on business I drove a rented BMW from Stuttgart to Bremen........in 1996. My last name is Speer............
Old 02-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You've certainly picked the right mod's to have a really fantastic car.
How are the roads over there. The last time I was in Germany on business I drove a rented BMW from Stuttgart to Bremen........in 1996. My last name is Speer............
The roads aren't really bad at all. Even with coilovers I don't get beat up driving normal lost of twists and turns make road trips pretty fun unless you get stuck behind slow drivers which happens more often then not. The Autobahn is really nice in some places and not so great in others. Transitions from asphalt to other surfaces can be rough. And believe it or not there are speed limits on most of the Autobahn.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Torsten diffs are better for road coarse type tracks. Trac-loc is better for straight line acceleration such as drag racing. Also the Torsten is about $500 more if you price them in a parts catalog. The Torsen will break under repeated drag racing use. If you buy the track pack you also get an oil cooler and larger radiator, Brembo brakes and different spring rates. Which would make Ford assume you want to occasionally take your car on a road track. Maybe this is the reason for the different oil viscosity recommendation.
juice_man_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_man_86 View Post
Torsten diffs are better for road coarse type tracks. Trac-loc is better for straight line acceleration such as drag racing. Also the Torsten is about $500 more if you price them in a parts catalog. The Torsen will break under repeated drag racing use. If you buy the track pack you also get an oil cooler and larger radiator, Brembo brakes and different spring rates. Which would make Ford assume you want to occasionally take your car on a road track. Maybe this is the reason for the different oil viscosity recommendation.
This is where I'm kind of going to have trouble when I go to buy my diff in the future. I want the best of both worlds.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
This is where I'm kind of going to have trouble when I go to buy my diff in the future. I want the best of both worlds.
I currently have my name at the top of short list waiting for the new KAAZ LSD. It should be available in June or July of this year.
Yes, it's not going to be cheap, but is a lot stronger than the Torsen or Trak-Loc............just depends on what you want your car to do........now or in the future.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice_man_86 View Post
Yes, the TrakPak is kind of poor mans Boss302, with the Boss rearend, traction control which is recalibrated from standard, oil cooler off the Boss, radiator off the Boss along with springs, struts and strut mounts. The two things it doesn't have are the Boss intake and cams............anyone wanting Ford Boss parts should get them while you can because they are going fast and when they are gone..............they are gone. FRPP will not be making them any longer.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I currently have my name at the top of short list waiting for the new KAAZ LSD. It should be available in June or July of this year.
Yes, it's not going to be cheap, but is a lot stronger than the Torsen or Trak-Loc............just depends on what you want your car to do........now or in the future.
Do you have a link or a contact? I would be interested in getting more info on this.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

Here you go;

KAAZ USA | Limited Slip Differential-Main Directory
Old 02-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome thanks. I sent them an email but could you tell me more about it since I would assume you have already talked to them? What makes their product worth the extra cost compared to others?
Old 02-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

I feel they are a better and stronger unit than the Torsen. Kaaz has two LSD's that will be available for the 8.8 housing 31 spline axle in our Mustangs. They have the two different setups, 1.5 way and 2.0 way which simply means the 1.5 way is more of a road racing LSD because it doesn't lock up as aggressively as the 2.0 way. The 2.0 way is more aggressive and is used in drifting and drag racing.
A lot of people are using this LSD for road racing and drag racing. The one downside to the Torsen in a road racer is that if you do lift one rear tire off the ground the Torsen LSD will act just like an open rearend..........and even when the wheel makes contact again there is a time lag before it receives full power again..........this can be kind of interesting if you are corner carving at speed and loose torque to one wheel in the apex or just coming out of the apex of a turn.
They are also coming out with a kind of middle of the road unit called the SuperQ, which is much more quite and will last a lot longer and needs no break-in like a normal clutch type LSD. It is also more expensive than the standard units.
The quality of the Kaaz LSD is almost too pretty to hide in the rearend, they are top notch.............just a great LSD.....IMHO
Old 02-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel they are a better and stronger unit than the Torsen. Kaaz has two LSD's that will be available for the 8.8 housing 31 spline axle in our Mustangs. They have the two different setups, 1.5 way and 2.0 way which simply means the 1.5 way is more of a road racing LSD because it doesn't lock up as aggressively as the 2.0 way. The 2.0 way is more aggressive and is used in drifting and drag racing.
A lot of people are using this LSD for road racing and drag racing. The one downside to the Torsen in a road racer is that if you do lift one rear tire off the ground the Torsen LSD will act just like an open rearend..........and even when the wheel makes contact again there is a time lag before it receives full power again..........this can be kind of interesting if you are corner carving at speed and loose torque to one wheel in the apex or just coming out of the apex of a turn.
They are also coming out with a kind of middle of the road unit called the SuperQ, which is much more quite and will last a lot longer and needs no break-in like a normal clutch type LSD. It is also more expensive than the standard units.
The quality of the Kaaz LSD is almost too pretty to hide in the rearend, they are top notch.............just a great LSD.....IMHO
Sounds like you might have found exactly what I'm looking for.
I already like this company, it only took 30 minutes or so for them to email me back and tell me I've been placed on a waiting list. Great costumer service and I'm not even a paying costumer yet!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #54
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Sounds like you might have found exactly what I'm looking for.
I already like this company, it only took 30 minutes or so for them to email me back and tell me I've been placed on a waiting list. Great costumer service and I'm not even a paying costumer yet!
Yes, besides having a quality product they have great customer service.
Glad I could help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT