Dealership Problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #1

Region: Louisiana
Angry Dealership Problems

I brought my GT in for some work to be done to the shifter to turn off the solenoid that locks the shifter out of 2nd gear. The technician ended up burning my pcm module and it turned off my airbags, tcs, abs, and 911 crash assist. How much trouble could they get in for allowing me to leave with the car in that condition?
blackdahlia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Those are safety enhancements. With those off, your car isn't safe to drive. If you get in an accident you're basically screwed. Take it back and get them to fix it.

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #3

Im waiting on them to get the new pcm in for the replacement, i havent driven the car but twice since i left. First time to go home, second time to get groceries. I just wanted to know what i could do if i got the vehicle back and not everything is the way it used to be. They said theure going to have to pull my dash or some crap like that. So if it rattles or some things dont work properly, what i could do to make them fix it since they sent me home with a vehicle essentially no longer street legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Pictures and videos of the car before you take it in. So if anything happens you have something to go by, and evidence that the car was improperly worked on. On a side note, avoid the dealership as much as possible.

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #5

Alright thanks! I have photos of the gauges before the work, and after, right now its lit up like a christmas tree. Ill take a video on the way there to show no rattles or any other noises. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I can't believe they even gave it back that way. These dealers are pure crap it seems. I've only went to my dealer for the free oil change but I won't go back to a dealer unless it's warranty work.
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #7

The skip shift is the only reason i went to this one. They claimed to be able to turn it off but all they accomplished at doing it is burning up all that. The only other thing i got to do is get my sway bar bushings replaced but at a seperate dealership that has technicians who are experienced and build cars or have worked at performance shops.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I'm sure they don't want you causing a bunch of trouble so maybe you can work something out with the service manager and they can hook you up with some parts or credit for parts. Sadly your going to be the one who gets ****** in the end. If the dash rattles...you will take it back, they will act like they fixed it, it will rattle again..you will get pissed and give up.

Honestly that's why I won't take my car in for little stuff. Here is an example, my trunk leaks water. I wash it...leaks, it rains leaks. I said alright I will take it in and see what they say and do. They scratched there heads and said ok leave it and we will look at it. Call me up in 2 hours and tell me it's ready to go. Service manager comes out and tells me it's just water that drips inside when I open it while it's wet. That's bull, if I don't open it until the car is dry the water is there. So basically they washed my car and wasted my time. I bashed them online and they got sad and called me begging me to bring it in so they can fix it. Uh no. You clearly don't know what the hell your doing and your lazy as hell. I will fix it myself. I'm sure if I let them have my car again they would scratch it or cut some corners and I would regret it later.

Moral of the story, hope they get it right and document everything. Let them know you will be inspecting it with a fine tooth comb and if anything is not as it should be, they will be fixing it again. Let them know your not pleased and you will be contacting ford to express your concerns. That is unacceptable

Just enjoying my 420 HP daily driver
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I'm sure they don't want you causing a bunch of trouble so maybe you can work something out with the service manager and they can hook you up with some parts or credit for parts. Sadly your going to be the one who gets ****** in the end. If the dash rattles...you will take it back, they will act like they fixed it, it will rattle again..you will get pissed and give up.

Honestly that's why I won't take my car in for little stuff. Here is an example, my trunk leaks water. I wash it...leaks, it rains leaks. I said alright I will take it in and see what they say and do. They scratched there heads and said ok leave it and we will look at it. Call me up in 2 hours and tell me it's ready to go. Service manager comes out and tells me it's just water that drips inside when I open it while it's wet. That's bull, if I don't open it until the car is dry the water is there. So basically they washed my car and wasted my time. I bashed them online and they got sad and called me begging me to bring it in so they can fix it. Uh no. You clearly don't know what the hell your doing and your lazy as hell. I will fix it myself. I'm sure if I let them have my car again they would scratch it or cut some corners and I would regret it later.

Moral of the story, hope they get it right and document everything. Let them know you will be inspecting it with a fine tooth comb and if anything is not as it should be, they will be fixing it again. Let them know your not pleased and you will be contacting ford to express your concerns. That is unacceptable

Great advice here.
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #10

I have Fords Corporate number saved in my phone, my lawyer right underneath them, and if they dont want to help me ill give them both a call and let them take care of it. Oxford5pointoh i stayed there 3 hours for them to come in and tell me they ****** up my car. They were scrambling everhwhere trying to get parts ordered and do this and do that. But they didnt want to give me a rental, told me i could drive the car but couldnt guarantee itd stay running, and that it had no airbags, tcs, or abs. And before i got home 911 crash assist shut its self off. So im going to let Ford and my Lawyer know everything about it if they try and screw me.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Crap happens. I've been that tech at a shop that messed something up. Never due to a total lack of carelessness or laziness. But for them to come out and tell you your car is messed up, can't promise you won't die on the way home, and won't give you a rental!? Holy crap. Even the dealer I went to who dropped the ball gave me a loaner so they could wash my car. Lol. Boy, I'd make sure they realize that you are the customer who keeps them open. Future purchases? Huh! I'd drive to another dealer for sure. I'd even pick one out on their lot, then go to another dealer and tell them that's the car you want. Hahaha.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:38 PM   #12

Lmao that may be what I do if they mess up my car anymore. Theyll be paying for it for sure. I just got my GT in August 2014 certified preowned with nothing wrong with it, and day beforw i had it at another dealer so Ford will know i had no lights and no electronic/safety problems before i went to this dealer.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

This is one of the many reasons I never go to a dealership to get my cars worked on...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

^also thought I'd ad that they can even give you a traded in vehicle to drive in the absence of an actual loaner. The dealer has done this for my wife's car before (VW dealer). They just didn't WANT to to give you a loaner

Old 02-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #15

They had a whole preowned center on lot, including a base 2013 GT automatic that they could have let me use rather then take my vehicle home.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

I doubt they would let the mustang roll but you know, your average escape or fusion.

Old 02-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #17

They had plenty they could have given, fusions, escapes, f150s, durangos, anything they had there they could have given.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Wow, there is no way I would have taken the car with me. The would have provided a rental, but then, I'm vocal and not shy about talking to them.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #19
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Crap happens. I've been that tech at a shop that messed something up. Never due to a total lack of carelessness or laziness.

Ox, props for admitting.. I stress to my guys that we all mess up and it's how you deal with it that determines what type of person you are.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

^totally agree.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT