7.5k rpm safety ? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
7.5k rpm safety ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
^Here's the expert!

No. He's just like anyone else on here. Some people know
More than Others and some people actually provide useful information. But some guys just spurt incorrect informations and that leads to people messing their rides
Up. Listen to grabberblue. He actually has built cars and engines himself instead of taking them places to be done. I would consider him a very knowledgable person and great help to anyone that may have a question. He never gives some smart ellic answer to people that don't know he answer to something which is what most of us appreciate 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #37
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
No. He's just like anyone else on here. Some people know
More than Others and some people actually provide useful information. But some guys just spurt incorrect informations and that leads to people messing their rides
Up. Listen to grabberblue. He actually has built cars and engines himself instead of taking them places to be done. I would consider him a very knowledgable person and great help to anyone that may have a question. He never gives some smart ellic answer to people that don't know he answer to something which is what most of us appreciate 😏

Maybe he'll warranty your 5.0 too. Just because someone has built an engine or a car setup for certain track situations doesn't make them an expert.

I think you people are missing my point. I am NOT saying anything other than I wouldn't run my 4.6L DOHC, a Coyote 5.0L or any of the Mustang engines over the last 50 years over the redline on the tach unless it was built internally to handle it.

Why?

Because it's a mass produced sports/muscle car built for street use. "Well, mine has the Track Pack". Okay, let's say you take it out on Willow Springs on an open track day and blow your engine. Will your warranty claim be approved? No!

This is the point I'm trying to make for the stock and bolt-on stangers. Call it "bad information" or "smart alec", but it's something people need should know.

Telling people you don't know, and/or don't know what their setup is, that it's okay to exceed the redline is bad information IMO. Especially if that person didn't even buy the car themselves. Just giving some grown up advise.

IG: @azurebluemach
Old 02-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
What's the Rev limiter at on the m6 cars? I think my a6 was I wanna say 7k? Not sure tho.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I'm not sure how old you are, but I think your thinking about "mass produced" is a little behind the times.
If you have never been to a Ford manufacturing facility like the Romeo Plant in Michigan then you probably have no idea how the engines are made or put together. They are not building V8Flatheads, these are precision machines building engines with close tolerances with some of the best materials in the world.
Give the article below a read and try and keep an open mind if you can, then take a look at the difference between your 4.6l with sintered rods and weak pistons compared to the Coyote motor. There is a world of difference..................Oh yeh, if I track my car which I certainly will (like more than a few others on this forum do) I am not planning on leaving an oil slick down the back straightaway at PIR or SIR, and if I do, then it was my fault, not the cars fault...............I'd drag it back home and fix it.
One last comment, when engineers build something, be it a building or a motor..............they always build it with a safety factor of a least 1.2 to 1.5 times more stress than the building or motor will ever see during normal operation. I was fortunate to witness an SHO V6 Yamaha motor that was tested in the Ford Dyno facility back in the 80's, as the last test they pushed the throttle to full and let in run. It ran in excess of 10k rpm for over 40 minutes before the Ford engineers just couldn't take the noise any longer and shut it off. Although I wasn't there the next day they say that they started it up and ran it again without an issue. As for the Coyote motor..............it's a tuff little beast...............can it fail, sure, even a $30k race motor can fail.
So, if you are scared to death about loosing your warranty if you modify the motor and break it....................then don't!
One last thing to put the record straight, you mentioned spending $40k............I spent a little more than half that for my 14 TrakPak with 2700 miles..................I doubt anyone here unless they have a Boss or Shelby spent that much...for your information.

What Breaks in 2005-2011 Ford Mustang - Hot Rod Magazine
Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
What's the Rev limiter at on the m6 cars? I think my a6 was I wanna say 7k? Not sure tho.

It's 7 on a stock manual also. No need to go over 7k with the stock manifold as, power starts droping at 6800.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I know, was just curious what it was.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I'm not sure how old you are, but I think your thinking about "mass produced" is a little behind the times.
If you have never been to a Ford manufacturing facility like the Romeo Plant in Michigan then you probably have no idea how the engines are made or put together. They are not building V8Flatheads, these are precision machines building engines with close tolerances with some of the best materials in the world.
Give the article below a read and try and keep an open mind if you can, then take a look at the difference between your 4.6l with sintered rods and weak pistons compared to the Coyote motor. There is a world of difference..................Oh yeh, if I track my car which I certainly will (like more than a few others on this forum do) I am not planning on leaving an oil slick down the back straightaway at PIR or SIR, and if I do, then it was my fault, not the cars fault...............I'd drag it back home and fix it.
One last comment, when engineers build something, be it a building or a motor..............they always build it with a safety factor of a least 1.2 to 1.5 times more stress than the building or motor will ever see during normal operation. I was fortunate to witness an SHO V6 Yamaha motor that was tested in the Ford Dyno facility back in the 80's, as the last test they pushed the throttle to full and let in run. It ran in excess of 10k rpm for over 40 minutes before the Ford engineers just couldn't take the noise any longer and shut it off. Although I wasn't there the next day they say that they started it up and ran it again without an issue. As for the Coyote motor..............it's a tuff little beast...............can it fail, sure, even a $30k race motor can fail.
So, if you are scared to death about loosing your warranty if you modify the motor and break it....................then don't!
One last thing to put the record straight, you mentioned spending $40k............I spent a little more than half that for my 14 TrakPak with 2700 miles..................I doubt anyone here unless they have a Boss or Shelby spent that much...for your information.

What Breaks in 2005-2011 Ford Mustang - Hot Rod Magazine

I work in engineering and they do not build it as you mention here. It's all about cost and what performance and reliability you can get versus cost. They never over-build something at the expense of cost. They obtain a budget approved by management and build it within the budget. If they have to change something to increase or bolster a parts strength, they have to get approval to do so, they just can't slap it on and say F*** the cost. After all, they must make money. Sure, manufacturing methods are much better than they were many years ago, but they will still produce something with a cost versus performace versus reliability in mind.

I track my can several times in the spring/summer/fall months and I push my car to the limits as much as my driver mod will let me and I don't push it past my redline. But more RPM's don't equal faster times anyway. Like I stated earlier, I am only speaking on RPM's and pushing past redline, not how tuff the motor is.

I was speaking of the Mustang GT's being brand new @ ~$40k. $25-$35k is still a lot of money to pay for something and I though it should be said that exeeding your redline could damage your engine.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

If it breaks rebuild it. Alot of grown *** men in here worrying about it. Who cares it's Part of the game. Don't like it find another hobby.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I work in engineering and they do not build it as you mention here. It's all about cost and what performance and reliability you can get versus cost. They never over-build something at the expense of cost. They obtain a budget approved by management and build it within the budget. If they have to change something to increase or bolster a parts strength, they have to get approval to do so, they just can't slap it on and say F*** the cost. After all, they must make money. Sure, manufacturing methods are much better than they were many years ago, but they will still produce something with a cost versus performace versus reliability in mind.

I track my can several times in the spring/summer/fall months and I push my car to the limits as much as my driver mod will let me and I don't push it past my redline. But more RPM's don't equal faster times anyway. Like I stated earlier, I am only speaking on RPM's and pushing past redline, not how tuff the motor is.

I was speaking of the Mustang GT's being brand new @ ~$40k. $25-$35k is still a lot of money to pay for something and I though it should be said that exeeding your redline could damage your engine.
I can appreciate you working in engineering. I was an mechanical engineer for over 40 years and although I helped design automated manufacturing facilities throughout the world for some very large companies, in the divisions I worked in performance came first, not second. Ask any engineer at Boeing and they will tell you the same thing. Cost does come into play, but it still plays second fiddle to performance. Quality and performance have a price tag...................part of the reason so many companies have moved out of the USA or cheapened their products. Kind of like S.C.A.T and even Eagle, most of the cranks/rods etc. and made in China.........go figure.
For Fords Engine engineering department it's not always about cost depending on which "bean counter" is on duty. Engineering has slipped some good ones by the those guys.
One last question before I leave, what company do you work for? If you don't want to answer.........no problem.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
If it breaks rebuild it. Alot of grown *** men in here worrying about it. Who cares it's Part of the game. Don't like it find another hobby.

Well said!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #46
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Yes, true, but not everybody on here tracks their car as a hobby. Some just competitive fun. Many have to daily their car too, so how will they get to work the next day if they stuck their bag out the day before and ran down the track engine safety be damned and it blew? Many on here are really young and don't even own their cars, their parents do. Then what? Just saying ya know.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #47
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I can appreciate you working in engineering. I was an mechanical engineer for over 40 years and although I helped design automated manufacturing facilities throughout the world for some very large companies, in the divisions I worked in performance came first, not second. Ask any engineer at Boeing and they will tell you the same thing. Cost does come into play, but it still plays second fiddle to performance. Quality and performance have a price tag...................part of the reason so many companies have moved out of the USA or cheapened their products. Kind of like S.C.A.T and even Eagle, most of the cranks/rods etc. and made in China.........go figure.
For Fords Engine engineering department it's not always about cost depending on which "bean counter" is on duty. Engineering has slipped some good ones by the those guys.
One last question before I leave, what company do you work for? If you don't want to answer.........no problem.

I don't want to say because of company social media rules, but it's not in the automotive manufacturing business though.

I will say in my experience, people often rag on China parts, but in many cases it's the spec requirements given from the company requesting the parts that many times is the root cause. They want something so cheap, or their reliability testing is very lacking that inevitably the part seems cheap.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I don't want to say because of company social media rules, but it's not in the automotive manufacturing business though.

I will say in my experience, people often rag on China parts, but in many cases it's the spec requirements given from the company requesting the parts that many times is the root cause. They want something so cheap, or their reliability testing is very lacking that inevitably the part seems cheap.

That's ok, I understand.
China is only starting to get their manufacturing act together and I can tell you from experience being there many times that it has been their manufacturing quality, or lack of it that has caused most of the issues. Not sure if you are aware of what it takes to be able to label a product "Made in the USA", it only takes 35% USA manufacturing content to put a label on any product. Like some of the high performance aftermarket manufactures do, they have the part cast in China because it is dirt cheap, and have it ruff machined there before shipping back to US to have final machining done........that's great, but China's track record for doing quality castings has left a lot to be desired. Yes, they are getting better..............but not at my expense.
Your statement is a little bias and it probably would be since you haven't been there or seen what goes on in the manufacturing facilities.
I'm done with this thread.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, true, but not everybody on here tracks their car as a hobby. Some just competitive fun. Many have to daily their car too, so how will they get to work the next day if they stuck their bag out the day before and ran down the track engine safety be damned and it blew? Many on here are really young and don't even own their cars, their parents do. Then what? Just saying ya know.

True, but I still say it's the risk you take. Chances are it won't happen. My old 03 cobra I sold to my uncle went boom 3 days ago. Lol

Old 02-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #50
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
That's ok, I understand.
China is only starting to get their manufacturing act together and I can tell you from experience being there many times that it has been their manufacturing quality, or lack of it that has caused most of the issues. Not sure if you are aware of what it takes to be able to label a product "Made in the USA", it only takes 35% USA manufacturing content to put a label on any product. Like some of the high performance aftermarket manufactures do, they have the part cast in China because it is dirt cheap, and have it ruff machined there before shipping back to US to have final machining done........that's great, but China's track record for doing quality castings has left a lot to be desired. Yes, they are getting better..............but not at my expense.
Your statement is a little bias and it probably would be since you haven't been there or seen what goes on in the manufacturing facilities.
I'm done with this thread.

Yes indeed, Made in USA means "kinda" these days. Not all are like that, and I certainly don't believe that as far as Ford goes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for China lol. It's more like, I'm ashamed that our local companies are so greedy that they would rather make it cheap at the expense of quality. I haven't been to China myself to witness manufacturing, but I've read reports and talked with engineers that have.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Rev it to 8 grand and put a Honda badge on it!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #52
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

I modify and race my only car, also has 148k miles.... If anyone has something to worry about it's me. Not brand new engines revving a little over stock.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Old 02-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by litfuse View Post

Not too hard to spin coyotes to 8k

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe he'll warranty your 5.0 too. Just because someone has built an engine or a car setup for certain track situations doesn't make them an expert.

I think you people are missing my point. I am NOT saying anything other than I wouldn't run my 4.6L DOHC, a Coyote 5.0L or any of the Mustang engines over the last 50 years over the redline on the tach unless it was built internally to handle it.

Why?

Because it's a mass produced sports/muscle car built for street use. "Well, mine has the Track Pack". Okay, let's say you take it out on Willow Springs on an open track day and blow your engine. Will your warranty claim be approved? No!

This is the point I'm trying to make for the stock and bolt-on stangers. Call it "bad information" or "smart alec", but it's something people need should know.

Telling people you don't know, and/or don't know what their setup is, that it's okay to exceed the redline is bad information IMO. Especially if that person didn't even buy the car themselves. Just giving some grown up advise.

I don't rev mine past 7k at all

Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Some people do care. Lol. I for sure don't wanna blow my car up.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got to grow a pair one day.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Agreed.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 PM   #59
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Agreed.

Pair of badasses

Old 02-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pair of badasses

I guess if you're made of
Money and wanna push your car that far then go ahead. I'd rather have fun with my car
How it is for now. Looks like you gained a little weight on your little trip there rap got the double chin going on lol. Gotta lose a little brah to see dem gainzzz. I guess that's what makes you a man these days is blowing your car up and having someone else rebuild it(or being a tough guy on a pointless forum). $$$$$$$$ When you could've avoided it in the first place. HAHA.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #62
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I guess if you're made of
Money and wanna push your car that far then go ahead. I'd rather have fun with my car
How it is for now. Looks like you gained a little weight on your little trip there rap got the double chin going on lol. Gotta lose a little brah to see dem gainzzz. I guess that's what makes you a man these days is blowing your car up and having someone else rebuild it(or being a tough guy on a pointless forum). $$$$$$$$ When you could've avoided it in the first place. HAHA.

Haha!!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

No point in going past 7k without the right mods and in my opinion If u have the right mods for it then definitely go for it just don't limit urself because it's not recommend unless u don't have the money and also don't do it unless ur benefiting from it.

2011 Kona blue GT.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:59 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Ahhhhh. New guys in the bodybuilding world. Have no clue on certain stuff. It's ok though

My motor was rebuilt by my local shop at the time bc of the hours, I work and employees i am in charge of. Didn't have time to complete it myself. Every other vehicle has been done by us in house.
My first car was completely rebuilt by me at 15. So learn a little b4 you come off with dumb useless comments.
Also have you moved out of your parents house yet?
Old 02-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

No I have no moved out yet. My fiancé is still in college to become a doctor so once she gets done with that we're building a house. But you're not lean as you said. Lmao. My buddy I lift with weighs what u weigh and he is straight ripped. I guess you shouldn't watch so many rich piana videos lol those guys use so many steroids that their techniques don't work as well on normal people. Think what u want though.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No I have no moved out yet. My fiancé is still in college to become a doctor so once she gets done with that we're building a house. But you're not lean as you said. Lmao. My buddy I lift with weighs what u weigh and he is straight ripped. I guess you shouldn't watch so many rich piana videos lol those guys use so many steroids that their techniques don't work as well on normal people. Think what u want though.

Last 2 weeks I have been bulking. I have been lifting longer than you think, and I'm leaner than you think. The way the picture was taken makes it lol odd. That was the first thing me and my wife laughed about. And it shows with you big time.
So keep hating. I enjoy it.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

U don't look very muscular to have been lifting so long james

Old 02-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
At the end of the day if you are financially successful married and have healthy kids how important is physique lol. That is a good freaking life in my opinion

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-20-2015, 04:10 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U don't look very muscular to have been lifting so long james

That's good to know. I'm glad you are so worried about me. Just like a woman. Like I said you are full of estrogen and it shows.
# 1 worry about you, worrying about someone else makes you a *****

Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Last 2 weeks I have been bulking. I have been lifting longer than you think, and I'm leaner than you think. The way the picture was taken makes it lol odd. That was the first thing me and my wife laughed about. And it shows with you big time.
So keep hating. I enjoy it.

Not hating. Just call bull sht when I see it. And hear it. And I'm calling bullsht. Let's see some videos of how "strong you Are" and not some wimpy forearm pic. Mine look the same way I guess I'm a body builder too? No. I just like to lift weights. I enjoy it. If I were as serious as some people I would be a lot bigger but I don't care as much. I do it for enjoyment.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT