Sr lowering spring question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2015, 07:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Good for you man! I'm proud of you, but I didn't ask for your opinion the OP did. So thanks anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I didn't give you my opinion, I told you what I was going to do...but, you're welcome

And thanks for the positive encouragement dad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you were my son I'd be washing your mouth out with soap

Old 02-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you were my son I'd be washing your mouth out with soap

lol I'm probably too old to be your son. The butt hurt is strong with you!

Stop mucking up this kids thread btw. It's awesome that you love your sweet BMR springs. It's a grand story. Let him buy what he wants without putting some of his options down. Jeez.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
lol cool story. You buy what you want to buy, and I'll buy what I want to buy, and nobody will ever know, or care about the difference

I am curious though, what was wrong with the ride quality? Did you change out struts and shocks? Maybe install them upside down?

And to answer your sarcastic *** stupid question.. They are too stiff. Some people have superchargers and like traction like myself. Those springs are **** for daily driving because I don't like bouncing all over the road. And to top it all off, I used stock shocks and struts and then I switched over to ford racing shocks/struts. And the ride was equally as bouncy and ****ty. Upgraded to steeda springs and loved them. Ended up trading in the car with those on there. Then I bought my 2014 and supercharged it and went with BMR. BMR everything, and it puts down over 600rwhp like it's meant to. So there's your answer.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol I'm probably too old to be your son. The butt hurt is strong with you!

Stop mucking up this kids thread btw. It's awesome that you love your sweet BMR springs. It's a grand story. Let him buy what he wants without putting some of his options down. Jeez.

It's people like you on here that ruined this forum to begin with. I haven't been here in a couple years and nothing has changed. A few years back it was a bunch of cool guys and not some punk kids acting like they know everything. Apparently all those guys are gone. I saw rapinator is here still. Can't imagine why

Old 02-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And to answer your sarcastic *** stupid question.. They are too stiff. Some people have superchargers and like traction like myself. Those springs are **** for daily driving because I don't like bouncing all over the road. And to top it all off, I used stock shocks and struts and then I switched over to ford racing shocks/struts. And the ride was equally as bouncy and ****ty. Upgraded to steeda springs and loved them. Ended up trading in the car with those on there. Then I bought my 2014 and supercharged it and went with BMR. BMR everything, and it puts down over 600rwhp like it's meant to. So there's your answer.

I have the basic of the basic suspension set up with koni str.t's and the SR's. Maybe you got a bad batch. Mine ride slightly firmer than stock. I stress "slightly". If you read 99% of the reviews, that's their biggest selling point. Stock-like ride quality while increasing handling and reducing nose dive. It is what it is man. You have your needs, I have mine. I'll be buying the vortech kit from beefcake shortly....so Mr. 600rwhp, you won't be the only cool one on the block

Old 02-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the basic of the basic suspension set up with koni str.t's and the SR's. Maybe you got a bad batch. Mine ride slightly firmer than stock. I stress "slightly". If you read 99% of the reviews, that's their biggest selling point. Stock-like ride quality while increasing handling and reducing nose dive. It is what it is man. You have your needs, I have mine. I'll be buying the vortech kit from beefcake shortly....so Mr. 600rwhp, you won't be the only cool one on the block

Yeah let me see you run some 9 second slips on your beloved Sr springs. But why listen to me? I'm just the resident idiot. Also, there's a lot more to being cool than having 600rwhp. You'll find that out. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424312053.469734.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	175699

Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Can't we all just get along...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah let me see you run some 9 second slips on your beloved Sr springs. But why listen to me? I'm just the resident idiot. Also, there's a lot more to being cool than having 600rwhp. You'll find that out. Attachment 175699

"Being cool"? Lol oh boy, I am arguing with the resident idiot lol. If you look back, you'd see that I wouldn't run these springs, or struts and shocks for that matter, if this was a dedicated track car...........but, it isn't! I feel like I'm dropping brain cells with each letter I type lol

Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
"Being cool"? Lol oh boy, I am arguing with the resident idiot lol. If you look back, you'd see that I wouldn't run these springs, or struts and shocks for that matter, if this was a dedicated track car...........but, it isn't! I feel like I'm dropping brain cells with each letter I type lol

Well I like to daily drive my 9 second car if I feel like it. And I do it on a $260 set of BMR springs. And it's hard for you to lose something you don't have. Jesus Christ I feel bad for people who come on here expecting good information and then take your opinion and run with it.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
How about we not bicker like kids. Any more and this thread will be closed.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Can't we all just get along...

Adventure till you drop

Lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
How about we not bicker like kids. Any more and this thread will be closed.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

You're a mod now? Dang I didn't know that. Please just close it man. The OP is probably so confused that there's no point to it anyways.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Lol.

Yet another thread that had potential, but will probably get taken down over pointless arguing...

Adventure till you drop
Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #50
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
You're a mod now? Dang I didn't know that. Please just close it man. The OP is probably so confused that there's no point to it anyways.

Been a mod for well over a year lol... I'll give it a chance to get back on track. But any more pointless arguing and its done.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not confused I appreciate the opinions. If money weren't an issue I'd go over the top and buy the best suspension I could. Just a little background. I had 4k to spend on my car.my wife was hit by an idiot with no insurance. Our insurance denied since we had no uninsured motorist insurance. I did not open up the policy she opted out to have a lower monthly payment. Car is in the shop. No I'm left with with >500 dollars to spend on my car. SR springs it is.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

H

Old 02-18-2015, 08:47 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

That there is the reason why I am asking about the SR springs. It's my dd. I don't see the need to do a full on race suspension. Unless I convince my wife to buy a bucket to get us to and from work.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424313990968.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	175701  
Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry boys, my phone died. Was getting pizza with my daughter and gf. Lol nobody was even arguing until ZL put his two cents in. Cool. We got it, you like BMR. I do too. I have a BMR UCA w/bracket. The kid is working with a budget, it's his DD. Not quite sure how you missed it since he's stated it a few times now. Good choice on the SR's. You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry boys, my phone died. Was getting pizza with my daughter and gf. Lol nobody was even arguing until ZL put his two cents in. Cool. We got it, you like BMR. I do too. I have a BMR UCA w/bracket. The kid is working with a budget, it's his DD. Not quite sure how you missed it since he's stated it a few times now. Good choice on the SR's. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you sir

Old 02-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
Thank you sir

No problem bud. Build your car for yourself, and tailor it to your needs. Asking for advice is cool and all, but in the end, you'll always get a mixed bag. Everyone has different goals in mind.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:48 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'd bet money you could put three different sets of springs on the car and, without the driver knowing which was which, they'd fail miserably at identifying them to the manufacturer.

20/20 did a study several years ago on Vodka, and found 10 self-proclaimed experts on Vodka. They had them try all different brands in a blind taste test, and all of them failed horribly. A few of them who thought they pinned down the Grey Goose actually picked the cheapest stuff they had to offer, heh.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Old 02-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #57
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
^^^^that. Mud finds blind testing fascinating. On subject I've been slowly collecting bits to lower my nice day V6 toy and when AM had the SR springs at Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing of $120 delivered I was all over it. Still looking for adj panhard bar if ya got one cheap.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I'd bet money you could put three different sets of springs on the car and, without the driver knowing which was which, they'd fail miserably at identifying them to the manufacturer.

20/20 did a study several years ago on Vodka, and found 10 self-proclaimed experts on Vodka. They had them try all different brands in a blind taste test, and all of them failed horribly. A few of them who thought they pinned down the Grey Goose actually picked the cheapest stuff they had to offer, heh.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is so true. And this was the point I was trying to get across at the beginning of this thread. SR will perform just as well in a DD situation as the other leading brands. Hands down.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 02-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
This is so true. And this was the point I was trying to get across at the beginning of this thread. SR will perform just as well in a DD situation as the other leading brands. Hands down.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

Oh no no, no it won't! Not according to the gurus!!! Lol I keed I keed!

Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I love my suspension set up, it performs, it looks good, it was cheap, and it WORKS.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
^^^^that. Mud finds blind testing fascinating. On subject I've been slowly collecting bits to lower my nice day V6 toy and when AM had the SR springs at Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing of $120 delivered I was all over it. Still looking for adj panhard bar if ya got one cheap.
Same here I'm gonna Need one aswell. Being on a budget sucks

Old 02-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Same here I'm gonna Need one aswell. Being on a budget sucks

It does, but you can make it work my friend. SR also makes a double adjustable panhard rod that is reasonably priced. That'll probably be bashed and knocked down as well. I have it, no issues. I adjusted it once I lowered the car and haven't a problem. Set it and forget it.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It does, but you can make it work my friend. SRT also makes a double adjustable panhard rod that is reasonably priced. That'll probably be bashed and knocked down as well. I have it, no issues. I adjusted it once I lowered the car and haven't a problem. Set it and forget it.

I'll probably go with a cheap ph bar since it's purpose is solely to center the axle. Exited too see how it turns out. By the way I love your decklid. I have a performance white 13. Was thinking of doing the same on mine. That or matte black.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll probably go with a cheap ph bar since it's purpose is solely to center the axle. Exited too see how it turns out. By the way I love your decklid. I have a performance white 13. Was thinking of doing the same on mine. That or matte black.

I think SR and maybe J&M are the cheapest. They also strengthen as well in conjunction with centering the rear. Gets rid of that weak stamped steel garbage. And thanks on the decklid. I'm glad I went body color route because I almost left it. I've received nothing but positivity towards it.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I'll probably start a build thread here pretty soon. It will be a slow journey lol but I've done quite a few things.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Is performance white substantially different from Oxford? Oxford is an extremely "bright white". I think either route you'd take, it would look good. If I may suggest, maybe maybe matte black and get a horse sticker in performance white over the matte?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:22 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll probably start a build thread here pretty soon. It will be a slow journey lol but I've done quite a few things.

Same here man, I haven't gone totally overboard, but I've done some subtle, aesthetically pleasing things over the last year or so. It's time for me to start tearing into the motor.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is performance white substantially different from Oxford? Oxford is an extremely "bright white". I think either route you'd take, it would look good. If I may suggest, maybe maybe matte black and get a horse sticker in performance white over the matte?

That or a white 5.0 emblem on the bottom corner

Old 02-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That or a white 5.0 emblem on the bottom corner

That may look good

Old 02-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I found this pic and thought it was a great representation...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424366894.070226.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	175722

It's Oxford on the right and performance on the left. Some guy saw both of these sitting on the lot and stitched them together.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT