Sr lowering spring question - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

I like the Oxford white better.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
I found this pic and thought it was a great representation...

Attachment 175722

It's Oxford on the right and performance on the left. Some guy saw both of these sitting on the lot and stitched them together.

That is pretty perfect. I wonder what prompted the slight change lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 02-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #73
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I am a huge fan of the Oxford myself. Not just because I own one, but that's why I own one. I was excited when I heard they brought it back in 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

My wife has a 13 camarote in white. When parked next to mine it makes mine look more of a bone white

Old 02-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
I'll probably go with a cheap ph bar since it's purpose is solely to center the axle. Exited too see how it turns out. By the way I love your decklid. I have a performance white 13. Was thinking of doing the same on mine. That or matte black.

Like you just said it doesn't matter what brand really because it just centers the axel but I have the J&M one and it was the cheapest plus came with really nice quality bushings in my opinion

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 02-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the Oxford just pops.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I'm going to be ordering a set of these springs this week. Can I use the stock bumpstops.i will purchase a Panhard bard and install both for the meantime. I plan on doing my suspension in the future as funds allow. For the meantime just springs and Panhard bar. I have a 13 gt brembo pack. With 15200 miles,struts will be changed before the car hits 30k miles hopefully along with supporting components. Will I be OK going this route? Before I get flamed please keep in mind I do not have the cash to do a full suspension overhaul. So springs and p h bar installed then once I have purchased all supporting components I will install the rest.
Now that the arguing is over...

Just wanted to add another "success story" for the set-up your looking at OP.
I have had the SR springs on stock struts/shocks since my car was nearly new and now almost 5000 miles later I'm still extremely happy and have had no issues.
I will be changing the struts/shocks to Koni oranges with GT500 mounts when the need arises though. There will be added stress to the stockers, but they can manage for the time being on a DD car that is not really being pushed hard.
I didn't need camber bolts, and to be honest after doing some research on failures I'm glad I didn't use them. You should stay in spec or close to it without, just be sure to check.
I used a J&M ph bar; was inexpensive, easily adjustable, and had quality bushings. A panhard bar is pretty much a panhard bar lol, just get a steel one and be done whenever you can. I only had to adjust maybe 1/8" - 1/4" after lowering my car.
As far as the bumpstops; I did not touch mine. Bottoming hasn't been an issue except on "bombed out" roads that will bottom out anything, but I don't feel a change was or is necessarily in order. Your roads/driving style may dictate differently, but I wouldn't say it's a must.
For a DD, these springs really fill the bill. The ride is better than stock, and much more controlled. Even wheel hop was greatly reduced in my experience (but not nearly enough)
You won't be disappointed. I couldn't find a negative review of them, and that's what sold me as much as the price.
Good luck man, enjoy.
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Old 02-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #78
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Yeah the Oxford just pops.

Indeed. I still like performance white too. If that's the white they had for 14 I wouldn't have cared.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

That's what I plan on doing koni oranges with gt500 mounts. I'm trying to pay some bills off and maybe we cab buy a cheap car to use as a dd. I hate racking on the miles on mine.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itcouldbebobby View Post

I have had the SR springs on stock struts/shocks since my car was nearly new and now almost 5000 miles later I'm still extremely happy and have had no issues.
I will be changing the struts/shocks to Koni oranges with GT500 mounts when the need arises though. There will be added stress to the stockers, but they can manage for the time being on a DD car that is not really being pushed hard.
I didn't need camber bolts, and to be honest after doing some research on failures I'm glad I didn't use them. You should stay in spec or close to it without, just be sure to check.
I used a J&M ph bar; was inexpensive, easily adjustable, and had quality bushings. A panhard bar is pretty much a panhard bar lol, just get a steel one and be done whenever you can. I only had to adjust maybe 1/8" - 1/4" after lowering my car.
As far as the bumpstops; I did not touch mine. Bottoming hasn't been an issue except on "bombed out" roads that will bottom out anything, but I don't feel a change was or is necessarily in order. Your roads/driving style may dictate differently, but I wouldn't say it's a must.
For a DD, these springs really fill the bill. The ride is better than stock, and much more controlled. Even wheel hop was greatly reduced in my experience (but not nearly enough)
You won't be disappointed. I couldn't find a negative review of them, and that's what sold me as much as the price.
Good luck man, enjoy.

Agreed on all fronts, besides the panhard rod. You've taken a close look at the stamped steel OEM one right? ANYTHING will be stronger than that lol.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This ...

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I plan on doing koni oranges with gt500 mounts. I'm trying to pay some bills off and maybe we cab buy a cheap car to use as a dd. I hate racking on the miles on mine.

Exactly what I have. Love it

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424382717.645779.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	175731

Old 02-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #83
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
TJ,
What are the welded nuts on the ph bar, are they for slippage of the sway bar links?
Old 02-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Lol, yeah I kinda remember what it looked like as it went into the trash...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dubbed "Lucinda" by my 5 year old daughter and co-pilot
Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, yeah I kinda remember what it looked like as it went into the trash...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lol let me look for mine I still have it. It's VERY thin lol.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

SR it is got them for 125, will order the j&m Panhard bar tomorrow hopefully I can get a good deal on it

Old 02-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
SR it is got them for 125, will order the j&m Panhard bar tomorrow hopefully I can get a good deal on it

If you can get them for 125$ that's a great deal you can't beat that

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 02-19-2015, 05:47 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I won a bid on ebay and paid 125 for them.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #89
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
That there is the reason why I am asking about the SR springs. It's my dd. I don't see the need to do a full on race suspension. Unless I convince my wife to buy a bucket to get us to and from work.
Jr,

Even if it wasn't your DD you would not have any issues, these springs are great and you will love them. I can guarantee that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
^^^^that. Mud finds blind testing fascinating. On subject I've been slowly collecting bits to lower my nice day V6 toy and when AM had the SR springs at Black Friday/Cyber Monday pricing of $120 delivered I was all over it. Still looking for adj panhard bar if ya got one cheap.
Hey Mud,

We appreciate the business and support and I'm glad that you are enjoying the springs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
This is so true. And this was the point I was trying to get across at the beginning of this thread. SR will perform just as well in a DD situation as the other leading brands. Hands down.

I completely agree with you here Eric, these springs are up to par if not better than any of its competitors.

Quote:
I love my suspension set up, it performs, it looks good, it was cheap, and it WORKS.
That's all you need! I'm glad you love the springs just as much as I do!

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me!

Quote:
It does, but you can make it work my friend. SR also makes a double adjustable panhard rod that is reasonably priced. That'll probably be bashed and knocked down as well. I have it, no issues. I adjusted it once I lowered the car and haven't a problem. Set it and forget it.
I have used the SR Performance Double Adjustable Panhard Bar personally and absolutely love it!

Another SR product with a 5/5 star rating. Just check out some of these reviews:

Quote:
I'll probably go with a cheap ph bar since it's purpose is solely to center the axle. Exited too see how it turns out. By the way I love your decklid. I have a performance white 13. Was thinking of doing the same on mine. That or matte black.
You will not be disappointed with the SR version I linked to above^. I run it personally and absolutely love it!

Quote:
I'll probably start a build thread here pretty soon. It will be a slow journey lol but I've done quite a few things.
Can't wait to check out your build Jr!

I'm excited to see which direction you go and make sure to shoot me a PM for the discount code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
Like you just said it doesn't matter what brand really because it just centers the axel but I have the J&M one and it was the cheapest plus came with really nice quality bushings in my opinion
J&M is another fantastic company and I would never mind running their products on my car although I still believe that SR provides you with the best bang for your buck!

Quote:

Good luck man, enjoy.
Thank you for the kind words Bobby,

I love hearing success stories like these and I'm glad that you are enjoying the springs!

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

-I just wanted to jump in here one more time as it seems as if there is some misconstrued information going around. The SR Performance springs are in every way shape and form up to par with the other heavy hitters in the suspension industry.

We worked very closely with SR to design a progressive rate spring that rides great and handles even better! Not only have we put thousands and thousands of street miles on these springs we have also taken them to the track (both the 1/4 mile and autocross) and have cut some awesome times! On top of that, these are the spring of choice for many of our project cars including Project Coyote!

We have hundreds upon hundreds of reviews on the site on these springs with an average rating of 4.8/5 stars! Check some of them out here:

If you have more suspension questions, check out this video here:

If you want to spend more money and get a "name brand" part, we do have Eibach, H&R, FRPP, etc. We even have some of the nicest KW Suspension coil over kits on the market, Air Ride and numerous options for LCA's, UCA's, etc from BMR, Whitleine, and much more! However, SR Performance is a perfect choice for most Mustangs out there and covers everything from the daily driven beasts to the weekend warriors. They're a proven product and I would recommend them to anyone!

If you are building an all out drag car- I would get a drag spring!
If you are building a road-racing car- buy an adjustable coil-over kit!
but if you are building an all around street machine that hits the track every now and then, gets first place at a car show, then takes you where you want to go everyday and cruises comfortably- the SR Springs are perfect for you!

I hope this clears up some confusion and if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
That is an older version of our re-designed Panhard bar ... was using it to show the benefits.

Here is our redesigned bar - Steeda 2005-14 Mustang Street Adjustable Panhard Bar - Made in the USA 555-2551-A - Free Shipping!

The welded on pieces were used for adjusting the Panhard bar (for the wrench).

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 02-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Jr,

Even if it wasn't your DD you would not have any issues, these springs are great and you will love them. I can guarantee that!

Hey Mud,

We appreciate the business and support and I'm glad that you are enjoying the springs!

I completely agree with you here Eric, these springs are up to par if not better than any of its competitors.

That's all you need! I'm glad you love the springs just as much as I do!

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me!

I have used the SR Performance Double Adjustable Panhard Bar personally and absolutely love it!

Another SR product with a 5/5 star rating. Just check out some of these reviews:

You will not be disappointed with the SR version I linked to above^. I run it personally and absolutely love it!

Can't wait to check out your build Jr!

I'm excited to see which direction you go and make sure to shoot me a PM for the discount code!

J&M is another fantastic company and I would never mind running their products on my car although I still believe that SR provides you with the best bang for your buck!

Thank you for the kind words Bobby,

I love hearing success stories like these and I'm glad that you are enjoying the springs!

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

-I just wanted to jump in here one more time as it seems as if there is some misconstrued information going around. The SR Performance springs are in every way shape and form up to par with the other heavy hitters in the suspension industry.

We worked very closely with SR to design a progressive rate spring that rides great and handles even better! Not only have we put thousands and thousands of street miles on these springs we have also taken them to the track (both the 1/4 mile and autocross) and have cut some awesome times! On top of that, these are the spring of choice for many of our project cars including Project Coyote!

We have hundreds upon hundreds of reviews on the site on these springs with an average rating of 4.8/5 stars! Check some of them out here:

If you have more suspension questions, check out this video here:

If you want to spend more money and get a "name brand" part, we do have Eibach, H&R, FRPP, etc. We even have some of the nicest KW Suspension coil over kits on the market, Air Ride and numerous options for LCA's, UCA's, etc from BMR, Whitleine, and much more! However, SR Performance is a perfect choice for most Mustangs out there and covers everything from the daily driven beasts to the weekend warriors. They're a proven product and I would recommend them to anyone!

If you are building an all out drag car- I would get a drag spring!
If you are building a road-racing car- buy an adjustable coil-over kit!
but if you are building an all around street machine that hits the track every now and then, gets first place at a car show, then takes you where you want to go everyday and cruises comfortably- the SR Springs are perfect for you!

I hope this clears up some confusion and if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out!

-Will

Well said. Covered all bases really. Sadly, people will still knock the product because of the competitive pricing. That's fine, I'll still buy the product and I'm sure many others will as well. This goes along with people insisting on buying 4-5000$ wheels. There is absolutely no point in it unless you are building a full-on race car. That is the only time shaving rotational mass should matter when you take that plunge with forged 3 piece wheels or whatnot. The general gear head consumer has no need for the top of the line of EVERYTHING. If everyone were to do that, nobody would have any money to spend on their families, homes, other leisure activities, etc lol.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #92
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I respect you for having your opinions, but show some respect for people that want the best and can afford it even if you can't understand it. Don't sit there and say a set of $5000 wheels are only needed on a full out race car, have you ever built a full on race car, or a race car that doubled as your daily driver.............I doubt it........will you........probably not, so don't criticize other people just because of your beliefs, show some respect.
I have always put family first and still managed to have all of the rest, so don't whine about what other people can do, "Winners just get it done and Losers Whine".
Old 02-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I respect you for having your opinions, but show some respect for people that want the best and can afford it even if you can't understand it. Don't sit there and say a set of $5000 wheels are only needed on a full out race car, have you ever built a full on race car, or a race car that doubled as your daily driver.............I doubt it........will you........probably not, so don't criticize other people just because of your beliefs, show some respect.
I have always put family first and still managed to have all of the rest, so don't whine about what other people can do, "Winners just get it done and Losers Whine".

Nobody's whining or criticizing, but thanks. It's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. If you don't like it, don't respond. And definitely don't sit there and tell me what I may or may not do in the future. You don't me from a hole in the wall. Keep it that way

My respect for you just sailed out the window with that comment. So thanks for respecting my opinion, you can take yours and tell it to someone who cares.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nobody's whining or criticizing, but thanks. It's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. If you don't like it, don't respond. And definitely don't sit there and tell me what I may or may not do in the future. You don't me from a hole in the wall. You don't know my finances, nor should you. Keep it that way

My respect for you just sailed out the window with that comment. So thanks for respecting my opinion, you can take yours and tell it to someone who cares.

And as for wanting the best of the best, that's cool. Do you what you gotta do. Go buy some CCW classics for all I care lol.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:42 PM   #95
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for"?

There is a reason behind that saying, it's not something someone just made up randomly. If you don't want to spend tons of money on parts that's perfectly fine for you. But wanting expensive, high quality, name brand parts doesn't mean it has to be going on a "race car". So don't criticize people for their opinions.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

And who modifies a daily driver that doubles as a full on purpose built race car? You know anyone with an aluminator, cage, straight cut gears, and a Kenne bell that daily drives it more than 10 miles a day? That would quite interesting if you did. You want to further this, PM me.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Ever heard the phrase "you get what you pay for"?

There is a reason behind that saying, it's not something someone just made up randomly. If you don't want to spend tons of money on parts that's perfectly fine for you. But wanting expensive, high quality, name brand parts doesn't mean it has to be going on a "race car". So don't criticize people for their opinions.

You're twisting my words up. I didn't say they were soley made for purpose built cars. You can do what you want, just like anyone else can. I don't see the point, and I'm stating my opinion. I've heard of that phrase many times. It doesn't apply here. I've not seen one issue with anything SR has put out. If failures crop up, maybe I'll change my position on it.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #98
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
And who modifies a daily driver that doubles as a full on purpose built race car? You know anyone with an aluminator and a Kenne bell that daily drives it more than 10 miles a day? That would quite interesting if you did. You want to further this, PM me.

Lots of people do. This is my DD. I wouldn't say it's "purpose built", but it has more in mods than I paid for it. All name brand parts. I don't have an issue with SR but I wouldn't use them on my car. Just because I want the best.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424465075.738168.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	175779

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424465104.020712.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	175780

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424465130.504394.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	175781

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424465152.653789.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	175782

HID end all thread
Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lots of people do. This is my DD. I wouldn't say it's "purpose built", but it has more in mods than I paid for it.

Attachment 175779
Attachment 175780
Attachment 175781
Attachment 175782

"DD"...how many miles do you drive it a day? Don't BS me.

Looks like you auto x it. I certainly wouldn't use SR in that instance either. Quite an easy decision there why you'd go with something higher quality. Apples to oranges here.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #100
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
"DD"...how many miles do you drive it a day? Don't BS me.

Looks like you auto x it. I certainly wouldn't use SR in that instance either. Quite an easy decision there why you'd go with something higher quality. Apples to oranges here.

Let me put it this way. It has just under 148k miles on it.

It may be apples to oranges but you brought up the DD being a race car.

I said it before. But there is no problem with SR. But there is also no problem wanting name brand parts on a DD.

It's like would you rather wear Fruit of the Loom or Calvin Klein underwear. Or would you rather use a G Shock or a Rolex watch. Some might call it a "waste of money" others would call it well worth the cost.

HID end all thread
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let me put it this way. It has just under 148k miles on it.

It may be apples to oranges but you brought up the DD being a race car.

I said it before. But there is no problem with SR. But there is also no problem wanting name brand parts on a DD.

It's like would you rather wear Fruit of the Loom or Calvin Klein underwear. Or would you rather use a G Shock or a Rolex watch. Some might call it a "waste of money" others would call it well worth the cost.

Agreed. On a daily, my personal opinion, to go all out on certain particulars is unintelligent. It can be compared to someone owning a Honda Civic and putting on forged aluminum wheels valued more than the car...to an extent. I personally don't see the point. But to each their own.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:10 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

And a comment was made, if you have the funds to buy the best of the best, why not? I'm pretty sure I can think of a zillion reasons why you shouldn't. But again, to each their own.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Nobody's whining or criticizing, but thanks. It's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. If you don't like it, don't respond. And definitely don't sit there and tell me what I may or may not do in the future. You don't me from a hole in the wall. Keep it that way

And our respect for you has also sailed. You have come off very badly in this thread that does not sit well with many. It wasn't that long ago you needed help with suspension.
Suspension
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
And our respect for you has also sailed. You have come off very badly in this thread that does not sit well with many.

Ok. I didn't come here to pal around. Ban me, do what you gotta do brah. I made my point.

Yeah? And? Am I supposed to kiss the ground you walk on? I'm not a fan of people's baseless opinions. The general consensus on SR around here isn't warranted or justified. That was my point. Your homeboys turned this into the crap show it became.

Not everyone is going to follow the trend, buy the most popular wheel, part, what have you. You may be respected around here, doesn't make you or anyone else an all-knowing God, and people shouldn't follow in others footsteps and buy the most expensive parts. Plain and simple.

If people want to buy SR, or J&M, or any other relatively cheap brand, let them, and let that be the end of it. Downing the company just makes you look bad. They're in business, they sell parts. A lot of them. That's it.

And for the record, yes, I did need help determining which suspension would best suit my needs. I got that help, and I was gracious for it. I'm more than ecstatic about how the set up performs dollar for dollar and that's why I don't get the SR hate. They perform as advertised.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lmao!!!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT