Sr lowering spring question - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
And who modifies a daily driver that doubles as a full on purpose built race car? You know anyone with an aluminator, cage, straight cut gears, and a Kenne bell that daily drives it more than 10 miles a day? That would quite interesting if you did. You want to further this, PM me.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I'm not going to PM you but I'll bite lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ZLwhat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Red5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Clewiston
Region: Florida
Posts: 124
I bought some on black friday along with a bmr panhard bar and barely installed them last month. All I have to say is I'm glad that I didn't spend the extra $120 for "name brand" springs.
__________________
2013 GT Roush Axle backs
2003 TR Mach 1 Borla catback, Mac pro chamber, MGW short throw, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Tune
1987 GT Exhaust
Red5.0 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 01:15 AM   #108
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Ok. I didn't come here to pal around. Ban me, do what you gotta do brah. I made my point.

Yeah? And? Am I supposed to kiss the ground you walk on? I'm not a fan of people's baseless opinions. The general consensus on SR around here isn't warranted or justified. That was my point. Your homeboys turned this into the crap show it became.

Not everyone is going to follow the trend, buy the most popular wheel, part, what have you. You may be respected around here, doesn't make you or anyone else an all-knowing God, and people shouldn't follow in others footsteps and buy the most expensive parts. Plain and simple.

If people want to buy SR, or J&M, or any other relatively cheap brand, let them, and let that be the end of it. Downing the company just makes you look bad. They're in business, they sell parts. A lot of them. That's it.

And for the record, yes, I did need help determining which suspension would best suit my needs. I got that help, and I was gracious for it. I'm more than ecstatic about how the set up performs dollar for dollar and that's why I don't get the SR hate. They perform as advertised.
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You are the one getting defensive for no reason. We are all giving opinions, you are taking it way overboard.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-21-2015, 04:45 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
We should just all agree to disagree! It's obvious that companies are wasting their time and money on R&D for things like lowering springs for a car. I like being able to launch a high horsepower car at the track and then drive it home comfortable and y'all do not. That's no reason for anybody to have their panties twisted. Like I said, I gave Sr springs a fair shot and didn't like them. That's far from a baseless opinion, and dare I say, an experienced one? Also, if the only springs you have literally EVER had are one particular brand then you can't say for sure that they compete on the same level as any other brand. Stack racing isn't even it's own company and they do not spend the same amount of money in product development as companies like steeda,BMR,eibach, and ford racing. That's why ford endorses steeda and puts their parts on cars from the factory.. Because they have proven themselves on the market. Ford would never do so with a SR part. Sure for the average daily driver there's absolutely nothing wrong with those parts and I'm sure they work great for daily driving. But I would be willing to bet that you would be looking for alternative when you start putting that brand to the test.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 09:31 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 259
Is there anything else I need to buy with the springs. I see some springs have a black sleeve that goes on them? I'm not sure if the one's I'm getting have that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
I really don't get the point of alot of arguing on these threads haha its f*cking retarded. In the end its all about personal preference therefore there is no "Right or Wrong" answer. You can't dog another brand just because its cheaper and so YOU choose not to by it thats f*cking asinine. Everybody has in there mind what they want and why they are willing to pay "LESS or MORE" ...leave it at that

The OP is asking for simple honest testimony on springs, give yours for the brand you have and let him decide the road he will travel.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black8thElement is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 10:03 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 259
I've stated multiple times y I'm going with the Sr springs lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 10:24 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Lol good choice

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black8thElement is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You are the one getting defensive for no reason. We are all giving opinions, you are taking it way overboard.


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Na I think he has a point and people are thinking he's being defensive when all he is trying to do is in fact defend SR and the people that use their parts. Im taking his side. I'm not a fan of baseless opinions either especially not from people sitting behind a computer screen thinking they know everything and what's better. If people are confident in what they want to buy then let them. There are plenty of people that are happy with SR. There may be some that aren't. But is it because of the quality of SR? Probably not as said before they are on par with every other "name brand". Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean you need to go after the people that defend them or run their parts.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
Is there anything else I need to buy with the springs. I see some springs have a black sleeve that goes on them? I'm not sure if the one's I'm getting have that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

No. I brought my car to the shop with only springs and a panhard bar to be installed and that's still all I have besides camber bolts which I got when I got my car aligned.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #116
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
Na I think he has a point and people are thinking he's being defensive when all he is trying to do is in fact defend SR and the people that use their parts. Im taking his side. I'm not a fan of baseless opinions either especially not from people sitting behind a computer screen thinking they know everything and what's better. If people are confident in what they want to buy then let them. There are plenty of people that are happy with SR. There may be some that aren't. But is it because of the quality of SR? Probably not as said before they are on par with every other "name brand". Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean you need to go after the people that defend them or run their parts.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

ZLWhat explained it clearly and with his own personal experience with the brand. So I would definitely not call that a baseless opinion.

If all you do is daily drive the car and rarely hit the throttle or make a fun corner you won't see the difference. But when you want to try to start pushing the limits of your car yes that is when "name brand" actually matters.

There is a reason there are "name brand", they wouldn't have become so famous if they were exactly the same as the cheaper brand. Instead they would be out of business.

I want the best of the best for my car. I daily drive and autocross my car and I'm about to start doing events at Sonoma and Laguna Seca so I'm definitely going to put on the best. Ditched normal springs completely and went to coilovers. There are a lot of other people that do.

If you want to go by technical facts and example would be the SR springs for the 99-04 are not much stiffer than stock Bullitt, Mach 1, or Cobra springs if at all. Do they lower the car? Yes they do, if that's what you want by all means buy it and be happy with it.

A baseless opinion can go both ways also. How can you say something is not better if you haven't even tried it out?


EDIT: So i did a quick search of the SR Springs for my car compared to my stock springs.

My stock springs are 600lb front and 250lb rear.
SR springs are 525lb front and 250lb rear.

So they are actually softer than stock for my car (Bullitt model). On a normal GT they are a little stiffer so that car would feel a bit of a gain, but my car would decrease in performance with SR springs.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
ZLWhat explained it clearly and with his own personal experience with the brand. So I would definitely not call that a baseless opinion.

If all you do is daily drive the car and rarely hit the throttle or make a fun corner you won't see the difference. But when you want to try to start pushing the limits of your car yes that is when "name brand" actually matters.

There is a reason there are "name brand", they wouldn't have become so famous if they were exactly the same as the cheaper brand. Instead they would be out of business.

I want the best of the best for my car. I daily drive and autocross my car and I'm about to start doing events at Sonoma and Laguna Seca so I'm definitely going to put on the best. Ditched normal springs completely and went to coilovers. There are a lot of other people that do.

If you want to go by technical facts and example would be the SR springs for the 99-04 are not much stiffer than stock Bullitt, Mach 1, or Cobra springs if at all. Do they lower the car? Yes they do, if that's what you want by all means buy it and be happy with it.

A baseless opinion can go both ways also. How can you say something is not better if you haven't even tried it out?


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Wonderful I'm glad we got this across because we already established that OP's car was not going to be ran hard. Hence why SR was chosen. Everything that happened in-between is nonsense and I can't believe I had to read through that crap. My opinion was not that SR was better than any name brand option. My opinion is that SR is best for what OP wanted to do with his car which is why he had specifically said he was using SRs in the 1st place. My comment about baseless opinions was on ones that blatantly says that BMR is better than SR. Maybe on all day track conditions but not necessarily on a DD. And that's what OPs car is a DD. I'm all for everyone's opinion and I could honestly care less what people use on their car. I would never plan on making my car a track car with SR springs ever. But I use them on my DD and couldn't be happier and I think a lot of people could vouch for that. And that's cool you auto-x your car. My car will never see the auto-x track that's why it has SR springs. Everyone uses their vehicles differently and there is no reason why SR shouldn't be used on a DD. I feel like I'm going in circles


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
Guys these are going on a daily driver. Will never see track or a drag strip. And will be paired with koni oranges down the road.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Like holy sh*t you guys are getting carried away


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
ZLWhat explained it clearly and with his own personal experience with the brand. So I would definitely not call that a baseless opinion.

If all you do is daily drive the car and rarely hit the throttle or make a fun corner you won't see the difference. But when you want to try to start pushing the limits of your car yes that is when "name brand" actually matters.

There is a reason there are "name brand", they wouldn't have become so famous if they were exactly the same as the cheaper brand. Instead they would be out of business.

I want the best of the best for my car. I daily drive and autocross my car and I'm about to start doing events at Sonoma and Laguna Seca so I'm definitely going to put on the best. Ditched normal springs completely and went to coilovers. There are a lot of other people that do.

If you want to go by technical facts and example would be the SR springs for the 99-04 are not much stiffer than stock Bullitt, Mach 1, or Cobra springs if at all. Do they lower the car? Yes they do, if that's what you want by all means buy it and be happy with it.

A baseless opinion can go both ways also. How can you say something is not better if you haven't even tried it out?


EDIT: So i did a quick search of the SR Springs for my car compared to my stock springs.

My stock springs are 600lb front and 250lb rear.
SR springs are 525lb front and 250lb rear.

So they are actually softer than stock for my car (Bullitt model). On a normal GT they are a little stiffer so that car would feel a bit of a gain, but my car would decrease in performance with SR springs.

And no one cares about the spring rate on your 01 bullet


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Sr springs, j&m adjustable pan hard bar here. Car looks and rides great. I'm very happy with my set up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:16 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Sr springs, j&m adjustable pan hard bar here. Car looks and rides great. I'm very happy with my set up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Exactly what I run and I can't get the message across I guess


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
ZLWhat explained it clearly and with his own personal experience with the brand. So I would definitely not call that a baseless opinion.

If all you do is daily drive the car and rarely hit the throttle or make a fun corner you won't see the difference. But when you want to try to start pushing the limits of your car yes that is when "name brand" actually matters.

There is a reason there are "name brand", they wouldn't have become so famous if they were exactly the same as the cheaper brand. Instead they would be out of business.

I want the best of the best for my car. I daily drive and autocross my car and I'm about to start doing events at Sonoma and Laguna Seca so I'm definitely going to put on the best. Ditched normal springs completely and went to coilovers. There are a lot of other people that do.

If you want to go by technical facts and example would be the SR springs for the 99-04 are not much stiffer than stock Bullitt, Mach 1, or Cobra springs if at all. Do they lower the car? Yes they do, if that's what you want by all means buy it and be happy with it.

A baseless opinion can go both ways also. How can you say something is not better if you haven't even tried it out?


EDIT: So i did a quick search of the SR Springs for my car compared to my stock springs.

My stock springs are 600lb front and 250lb rear.
SR springs are 525lb front and 250lb rear.

So they are actually softer than stock for my car (Bullitt model). On a normal GT they are a little stiffer so that car would feel a bit of a gain, but my car would decrease in performance with SR springs.
I have had plenty of "name brand" stuff in my life time, majority has been good and some have been bad, like terrible. A lot of "name brand" products have lots of expenses like sponsorship and advertising that more often than not offsets the increased price over non "name brand," it doesn't always indicate superior quality. Just food for thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
Exactly what I run and I can't get the message across I guess


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
There will always be difference in opinions, everything should be taken with a grain of salt. My set up is perfect for a dd and once a year at the track, but I wouldn't by cheap no name tires to do a 200mph run in a GT 500 lol.

I think sometimes people go way overkill on parts for a dd, that's just my opinion, but hey its their money and if always buying name brand parts are what they want I say go for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
There will always be difference in opinions, everything should be taken with a grain of salt. My set up is perfect for a dd and once a year at the track, but I wouldn't by cheap no name tires to do a 200mph run in a GT 500 lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I agree. Its just when people think that certain brands are better over another because its name/price it's funny since you can still get the right amount of performance you need out of SR. That being said obviously BMR and other brands will perform better on a track setting over SR. That's also where the price difference comes in. So there's no reason not to use them on a DD lol


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
I agree. Its just when people think that certain brands are better over another because its name/price it's funny since you can still get the right amount of performance you need out of SR. That being said obviously BMR and other brands will perform better on a track setting over SR. That's also where the price difference comes in. So there's no reason not to use them on a DD lol


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Well said! +1.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 259
I'm a little scared to ask any more questions lol I don't wanna stir things up even further. I like name brand everything. That's my personal preference. But you can't always get what you want. Sometimes you need to sacrifice a little. If money weren't an issue I would of gone with name brand parts. Would I have noticed a difference probably not. Why?I don't plan on pushing the car hard. Wot pulls here and there that's about it. If it looks good and rides good I'm happy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 259
As long as it doesn't look like the little Honda civics that are slammed that go over a bump and there car is still bouncing 50+ yards after going over a bunp.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
I'm a little scared to ask any more questions lol I don't wanna stir things up even further. I like name brand everything. That's my personal preference. But you can't always get what you want. Sometimes you need to sacrifice a little. If money weren't an issue I would of gone with name brand parts. Would I have noticed a difference probably not. Why?I don't plan on pushing the car hard. Wot pulls here and there that's about it. If it looks good and rides good I'm happy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

No dude you're good. Everyone would get the best name brand parts if they could and had the money for them. That being said since you're not doing anything on the track, you aren't sacrificing anything by getting SR. That's what they're built for, the daily driven mustang. Like you said tho if money wasn't an issue you would have gotten the better parts. Makes sense. But SR is still a perfect option for you. Anyone that says otherwise must not understand the situation you are in. Obviously every car is different and so is everyone's opinion on how to mod them.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 259
I met a local guy that just installed the Sr springs I'll be meeting up with him for a ride along lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jrdnsky59 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
BLKBETTY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 213
I feel if you can't afford the $100 tops for a better product maybe y'all shouldn't be modifying anyway. Just a thought.....
Cheap way out ain't the best way out.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BLKBETTY13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBETTY13 View Post
I feel if you can't afford the $100 tops for a better product maybe y'all shouldn't be modifying anyway. Just a thought.....
Cheap way out ain't the best way out.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lol


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM   #132
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
And no one cares about the spring rate on your 01 bullet


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

If you are going to bash someone's car you might want to at least not be ignorant and spell it right. Lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:24 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you are going to bash someone's car you might want to at least not be ignorant and spell it right. Lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Good one. I wasn't bashing. But this is talking about 2011-2014 mustangs and you're posting pics of your 01 and talking about SR springs for your car when you even said they're different than the ones for my generation. So I just think it's funny. And when it comes to the topic of this thread in my opinion (which I'm clearly entitled to) it's irrelevant.

And my bad. Bullitt 😂

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
Good one. I wasn't bashing. But this is talking about 2011-2014 mustangs and you're posting pics of your 01 and talking about SR springs for your car when you even said they're different than the ones for my generation. So I just think it's funny. And when it comes to the topic of this thread in my opinion (which I'm clearly entitled to) it's irrelevant.
To me it was relevant.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #135
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
Good one. I wasn't bashing. But this is talking about 2011-2014 mustangs and you're posting pics of your 01 and talking about SR springs for your car when you even said they're different than the ones for my generation. So I just think it's funny. And when it comes to the topic of this thread in my opinion (which I'm clearly entitled to) it's irrelevant.

And my bad. Bullitt 😂

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

I said for "comparison" purposes. Usually a comparison includes parts and info different from the main topic.

I said before I have no issue with SR, I just choose different brands first.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBETTY13 View Post
I feel if you can't afford the $100 tops for a better product maybe y'all shouldn't be modifying anyway. Just a thought.....
Cheap way out ain't the best way out.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I take it you eat filet mignon every night lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Black8thElement is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
To me it was relevant.

That's cool. You're also another person that really hasn't posted any credible info in regards to this thread. Just instigating negative comments.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
BLKBETTY13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 213
When it comes down to a $20k-$30k car I feel may as well spend the extra cash and buy the better product. Not like the the difference in price is large so why chance a product that may be in question just to get by.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BLKBETTY13 is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eric5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kerper
Region: Florida
Posts: 328
Sr lowering spring question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I said for "comparison" purposes. Usually a comparison includes parts and info different from the main topic.

I said before I have no issue with SR, I just choose different brands first.


Bullitts are better than Bullets

And that's fine because like I've already said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I had your car and did what you do, I would have your setup. I like your setup a lot . But for the purpose of DD I think SR will suffice.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Eric5oh is offline  
Old 02-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #140
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
And that's fine because like I've already said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if I had your car and did what you do, I would have your setup. I like your setup a lot . But for the purpose of DD I think SR will suffice.


2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

Yea it definitely will. If I came out sounding like I was bashing them i wasn't. They are quality springs that will last, they just aren't the best performing ones. OP said it was a DD, that's why I brought up how i DD and race, so it can be double duty.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowering spring install question GrabberBlue1993 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 41 08-24-2014 11:23 PM
Lowering spring question Brandonj02 1996-2004 Mustang GT 50 12-08-2013 04:24 PM
Lowering Spring ? ctstang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 04-23-2006 09:09 AM
stock spring spring Scut95 1979-1995 Mustang GT 2 09-15-2005 05:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.