Sr lowering spring question - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKBETTY13 View Post
When it comes down to a $20k-$30k car I feel may as well spend the extra cash and buy the better product. Not like the the difference in price is large so why chance a product that may be in question just to get by.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
So where's you GT 500? Lol
Sr isn't a "product in question" please post some actual facts about the product that may question the quality or reliability of SR other than the price is simply just lower than "brand named" products.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel if you can't afford the $100 tops for a better product maybe y'all shouldn't be modifying anyway. Just a thought.....
Cheap way out ain't the best way out.

I am on a budget a strict budget at that. I could have waited and bought better springs but I chose not to. I got these at a reasonable price and that's why I chose SR.If they were crappy springs it would be out there. I have read nothing but posotive reviews.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5oh View Post
That's cool. You're also another person that really hasn't posted any credible info in regards to this thread. Just instigating negative comments.
I've actually posted more technical information on this board than most of the members combined. I get sent PM's daily from guys asking for advice. I've also looked at data logs for several members here and helped them with their tunes. I've gone 11.2 @ 122 mph N/A on some bolt on parts with doing my own tuning. So when we speak of credible information I'm pretty sure my resume speaks for itself.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Annnnnnd where does GT500 come from?!

Old 02-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #145
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I've actually posted more technical information on this board than most of the members combined. I get sent PM's daily from guys asking for advice. I've also looked at data logs for several members here and helped them with their tunes. I've gone 11.2 @ 122 mph N/A on some bolt on parts with doing my own tuning. So when we speak of credible information I'm pretty sure my resume speaks for itself.
/\ this is true. Very valuable member

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Yea it definitely will. If I came out sounding like I was bashing them i wasn't. They are quality springs that will last, they just aren't the best performing ones. OP said it was a DD, that's why I brought up how i DD and race, so it can be double duty.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

It didn't sound like you were bashing them but It didn't sound like you were on their side. But I understand. And what you posted was relevant I shouldn't have said it wasn't.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 02-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Annnnnnd where does GT500 come from?!

Well it is the higher end "better car" why not spend the extra on the upgrade? Isn't that your argument?
Nothing wrong with a GT but when your spending 30k why not spend more and get the "better one"

Old 02-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Nope. I was clearly talking about a difference in $100 tops.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Same mentality, that was all I was saying.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hmm well sorry you came off like an a**.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Old 02-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did you say anything about the quality of SR springs or anything that had to do with springs for that matter on this thread? I didn't see any. Just you trying to seem like your better than everyone else.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

And I don't find the GT500 as better. Why because it's a dyno queen? All the suspension components need upgrading on them as well.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And I don't find the GT500 as better. Why because it's a dyno queen? All the suspension components need upgrading on them as well.

Point exactly. Why are other springs better, because their higher priced?! What if SR started to be seen in NASCAR Indy ect and raised their prices but continued to sell the same product, would that make them better?

Old 02-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Your lost.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:21 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you say anything about the quality of SR springs or anything that had to do with springs for that matter on this thread? I didn't see any. Just you trying to seem like your better than everyone else.
Actually yes I did say something about the quality of those springs.

And as far as modding these cars yes in a way I am more knowledgeable than most. Certainly more than you.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:22 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your lost.

Lol, OK buddy. Have a good day...

Old 02-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And as far as modding these cars yes in a way I am more knowledgeable than most. Certainly more than you.
So I don't have to find your post, what was your take on the quality of these springs for a dd?

Old 02-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
This thread has served it's purpose and the OP has made his choice. It's nothing more than arguments now. Mods, I would lock this thread.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Sr lowering spring question

Quote:

No need to act like a show off and a know-it-all. You can be knowledgable without being one

Old 02-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
So I don't have to find your post, what was your take on the quality of these springs for a dd?
In my opinion I would spend a little more in knowing that I could have a better ride with better performance with a different spring.

Another thing to remember is when it comes to suspension tech there is no one more active and willing to help than Kelly @ BMR. You can find him on most boards.

Isn't that worth something?
Old 02-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Sorry boys, way too busy with my personal life to argue with grown men about personal choice and free will. I have a 5 year old who takes most of my attention. I believe there was a gentleman who assumed he knew me earlier, so I think he already knew that, but I'll chime in again to say thanks for some of the positivity, and for those select few who saw the light, and understood my POV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5.0 View Post
I bought some on black friday along with a bmr panhard bar and barely installed them last month. All I have to say is I'm glad that I didn't spend the extra $120 for "name brand" springs.
Exactly. You don't "need" to spend an excessive amount on particular parts, because of the name alone. Plenty of R&D goes into just about everything that is purchasable online.

Quote:
You are the one getting defensive for no reason. We are all giving opinions, you are taking it way overboard.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I didn't get defensive at all. I voiced my opinion of people's hate of a brand with no known issues or failures. That's what makes it baseless hate. It just so happens to be I chose to run them, sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
We should just all agree to disagree! It's obvious that companies are wasting their time and money on R&D for things like lowering springs for a car. I like being able to launch a high horsepower car at the track and then drive it home comfortable and y'all do not. That's no reason for anybody to have their panties twisted. Like I said, I gave Sr springs a fair shot and didn't like them. That's far from a baseless opinion, and dare I say, an experienced one? Also, if the only springs you have literally EVER had are one particular brand then you can't say for sure that they compete on the same level as any other brand. Stack racing isn't even it's own company and they do not spend the same amount of money in product development as companies like steeda,BMR,eibach, and ford racing. That's why ford endorses steeda and puts their parts on cars from the factory.. Because they have proven themselves on the market. Ford would never do so with a SR part. Sure for the average daily driver there's absolutely nothing wrong with those parts and I'm sure they work great for daily driving. But I would be willing to bet that you would be looking for alternative when you start putting that brand to the test.

You are ONE person, who's "claiming" to have a bad experience. Seems far fetched considering all the positive reviews. Or, maybe your end game is different, which is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdnsky59 View Post
Is there anything else I need to buy with the springs. I see some springs have a black sleeve that goes on them? I'm not sure if the one's I'm getting have that.

You reuse your stock ones bud. Me personally would invest in struts and shocks that are valved to handle the progressive spring rate. Koni is a GREAT choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
I really don't get the point of alot of arguing on these threads haha its f*cking retarded. In the end its all about personal preference therefore there is no "Right or Wrong" answer. You can't dog another brand just because its cheaper and so YOU choose not to by it thats f*cking asinine. Everybody has in there mind what they want and why they are willing to pay "LESS or MORE" ...leave it at that

The OP is asking for simple honest testimony on springs, give yours for the brand you have and let him decide the road he will travel.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Well. Friggin. Said.

Quote:
I've stated multiple times y I'm going with the Sr springs lol

And you're making a great choice for your needs bud, I stand behind that 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Lol good choice

Sent from my LG-E980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Definitely

Quote:
Na I think he has a point and people are thinking he's being defensive when all he is trying to do is in fact defend SR and the people that use their parts. Im taking his side. I'm not a fan of baseless opinions either especially not from people sitting behind a computer screen thinking they know everything and what's better. If people are confident in what they want to buy then let them. There are plenty of people that are happy with SR. There may be some that aren't. But is it because of the quality of SR? Probably not as said before they are on par with every other "name brand". Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean you need to go after the people that defend them or run their parts.

Well said, once again. And thank you for seeing EXACTLY what I was trying to convey. Some people here are basically questioning the integrity of not only SR with no proof to back it up, as well as American Muscle for choosing to do business with them and keeping them exclusive. As I stated earlier, the staff members there run SR products on some of their DRAG VEHICLES without a hiccup. Shouldn't that count for something?

Quote:
No. I brought my car to the shop with only springs and a panhard bar to be installed and that's still all I have besides camber bolts which I got when I got my car aligned.

And no issues to speak of? That's awesome.

Quote:
ZLWhat explained it clearly and with his own personal experience with the brand. So I would definitely not call that a baseless opinion.

If all you do is daily drive the car and rarely hit the throttle or make a fun corner you won't see the difference. But when you want to try to start pushing the limits of your car yes that is when "name brand" actually matters.

There is a reason there are "name brand", they wouldn't have become so famous if they were exactly the same as the cheaper brand. Instead they would be out of business.

I want the best of the best for my car. I daily drive and autocross my car and I'm about to start doing events at Sonoma and Laguna Seca so I'm definitely going to put on the best. Ditched normal springs completely and went to coilovers. There are a lot of other people that do.

If you want to go by technical facts and example would be the SR springs for the 99-04 are not much stiffer than stock Bullitt, Mach 1, or Cobra springs if at all. Do they lower the car? Yes they do, if that's what you want by all means buy it and be happy with it.

A baseless opinion can go both ways also. How can you say something is not better if you haven't even tried it out?

EDIT: So i did a quick search of the SR Springs for my car compared to my stock springs.

My stock springs are 600lb front and 250lb rear.
SR springs are 525lb front and 250lb rear.

So they are actually softer than stock for my car (Bullitt model). On a normal GT they are a little stiffer so that car would feel a bit of a gain, but my car would decrease in performance with SR springs.
You're proving my point without even having to elaborate. You auto x. OP does not. I can respect and appreciate you wanting the best of the best however. Some of us feel though, that corners can be cut with specific intended purposes.

Quote:
Wonderful I'm glad we got this across because we already established that OP's car was not going to be ran hard. Hence why SR was chosen. Everything that happened in-between is nonsense and I can't believe I had to read through that crap. My opinion was not that SR was better than any name brand option. My opinion is that SR is best for what OP wanted to do with his car which is why he had specifically said he was using SRs in the 1st place. My comment about baseless opinions was on ones that blatantly says that BMR is better than SR. Maybe on all day track conditions but not necessarily on a DD. And that's what OPs car is a DD. I'm all for everyone's opinion and I could honestly care less what people use on their car. I would never plan on making my car a track car with SR springs ever. But I use them on my DD and couldn't be happier and I think a lot of people could vouch for that. And that's cool you auto-x your car. My car will never see the auto-x track that's why it has SR springs. Everyone uses their vehicles differently and there is no reason why SR shouldn't be used on a DD. I feel like I'm going in circles

Same here brother, it's kind of getting ignorant. It is what it is. If people wanna buy KW Variant 3's for their DD and say oh look at these super expensive purple and gold coil overs I just bought! Be my guest, but don't get mad at me when I call you an idiot.

Quote:
Like holy sh*t you guys are getting carried away

Lol, yeah, crap happens lol.

Quote:
And no one cares about the spring rate on your 01 bullet

Quote:
Sr springs, j&m adjustable pan hard bar here. Car looks and rides great. I'm very happy with my set up.

Nice bro

Quote:
Exactly what I run and I can't get the message across I guess

I can understand some people WANT the best, just doesn't mean it's needed.

Quote:
I have had plenty of "name brand" stuff in my life time, majority has been good and some have been bad, like terrible. A lot of "name brand" products have lots of expenses like sponsorship and advertising that more often than not offsets the increased price over non "name brand," it doesn't always indicate superior quality. Just food for thought.

Absolutely true

Quote:
There will always be difference in opinions, everything should be taken with a grain of salt. My set up is perfect for a dd and once a year at the track, but I wouldn't by cheap no name tires to do a 200mph run in a GT 500 lol.

I think sometimes people go way overkill on parts for a dd, that's just my opinion, but hey its their money and if always buying name brand parts are what they want I say go for it.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
I agree. Its just when people think that certain brands are better over another because its name/price it's funny since you can still get the right amount of performance you need out of SR. That being said obviously BMR and other brands will perform better on a track setting over SR. That's also where the price difference comes in. So there's no reason not to use them on a DD lol

Exactly.

Quote:
Well said! +1.

+2

Quote:
I'm a little scared to ask any more questions lol I don't wanna stir things up even further. I like name brand everything. That's my personal preference. But you can't always get what you want. Sometimes you need to sacrifice a little. If money weren't an issue I would of gone with name brand parts. Would I have noticed a difference probably not. Why?I don't plan on pushing the car hard. Wot pulls here and there that's about it. If it looks good and rides good I'm happy.

In the end, that is ALL that matters.

Quote:
As long as it doesn't look like the little Honda civics that are slammed that go over a bump and there car is still bouncing 50+ yards after going over a bunp.

Lol

Quote:
No dude you're good. Everyone would get the best name brand parts if they could and had the money for them. That being said since you're not doing anything on the track, you aren't sacrificing anything by getting SR. That's what they're built for, the daily driven mustang. Like you said tho if money wasn't an issue you would have gotten the better parts. Makes sense. But SR is still a perfect option for you. Anyone that says otherwise must not understand the situation you are in. Obviously every car is different and so is everyone's opinion on how to mod them.

Right on.

Quote:
I met a local guy that just installed the Sr springs I'll be meeting up with him for a ride along lol

Sweet bro, post pics.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT