2014 mustang gt track pack 750rwhp suspension. Drivtrain. Etc.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2014 mustang gt track pack 750rwhp suspension. Drivtrain. Etc..

Hi.. I was wondering if people could steer me in the right direction with what I need . I eventually this summer want to add an i-1 procharger.. build the motor new rods and pistons. Oil pump gears.. cams full exhaust head porting.. and I need to know how to transfer that power to the ground.. and I want to be able to take corners with ease.. stiffen up my rear end. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
brett.fries23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Is your car bone stock now?
You say you want 750RWH????????????
I can name a couple of things..........deep six the Torsen and get something like a Kaaz LSD, get aftermarket axles, get a 1 piece drive line, change UPC/LCA and panhard bar or you can go with a Watts Linkage, sell the MT82 trans and go with a Tremec trans, change flywheel and clutch, get coilovers...........then just work on the motor.
As for cams, a lot of guys are using the Boss302 cams and pulling 2500hp with them. But you need to act fast because FRPP has discontinued all production of the Boss302 pieces and parts.
I would love to follow your build!
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I want it to be able to handle 750 hp.. yeah I just got the car last year.. now gonna start the build with this year's taxes.. I wish they had a 750 hp kit that I can buy with everything in it.. I'm completely lost for the most part when it come to supension

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

With 750RWH you are going to be pushing over 800hp at the crank..........that's a bunch. There are some people on the forum that have boosted Mustangs with over 600hp to the rear wheels and I believe they are running mostly stock trans, rear ends, etc.
I guess if you were careful and not get too crazy all of the stock components would last for a while..............and maybe you'd be lucky or maybe not. To replace the MT82 with a Tremec 6spd rated for 700lbft the conversion will set you back about $5,000/6000 with SFI scatter shield, one piece drive line $600, ditch the Torsen LSD and go with something that will handle 1000hp will cost you $1500 with axles. UPC/LCA/Pan Hard bar will set you $700 or you can go with a Watts Linkage for just a little more. Coilovers will cost $1300 or more, when you change the axles/LSD upgrade to the GT500 14" rear brakes for $400. A good flywheel and clutch setup can cost $2000. So although I'm being optimistic with prices you are now at $12k and you haven't even started on the motor yet.
Or you can just upgrade the UPC/LCA, Panhard bar and lowering springs with new Struts/shocks for $2000 and replace things as they break. My old saying when drag racing was, "You can dig deep into your wallet and replace stuff before it breaks, or dig really deep into your wallet to replace stuff when it breaks".
Just my 2cents.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I would rather do it right the first time.. if it means that I take a list of parts and buy them one by one.. the setup I'm looking at is the paxton supercharger by team beefcake and in reality I want to be pushing 650-600 to the ground

Old 02-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

And I'm honestly really good in my car.. if I built my motor I wouldn't be stupid and see how much the stock rear end could handle it

Old 02-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.fries23 View Post
I would rather do it right the first time.. if it means that I take a list of parts and buy them one by one.. the setup I'm looking at is the paxton supercharger by team beefcake and in reality I want to be pushing 650-600 to the ground

Ok, when you first said 750hp at the rear wheels that's what I was basing this on, now you say 600hp to 650hp at the rear wheels.............that's 100hp to 150hp less, and that makes a difference. There are guys on the forum who are making that with there cars, you should probably contact them directly and ask what they have or haven't done.
Deerslayer is one that just recently put boost on his car and is making just shy of 650hp at the rear wheels. Give him a PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.fries23 View Post
And I'm honestly really good in my car.. if I built my motor I wouldn't be stupid and see how much the stock rear end could handle it

A lot of HP can sometimes put an awful lot of temptation in the right foot............especially if you have some sticky rear tires.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

To be clear with u.. I want 650rwhp to the ground.. that's my goal.. I just want to know for a fact the it'll hold with the mods u guys tell me so I chose 750 just because.. but thanks.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Don't forget your going to need a sticky set of tires. If you want to do well in corners stay away from drag radials. Also don't forget your going to have to stop somehow. Just my suggestion and it's how I personally think cars should be built. Do everything else suspension, brakes, driveline before touching the motor. Power is useless without a way to put it to the ground and stop.
2013 mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You could follow the build sheet on the Steeda StreetFigther -

Standard Equipment:

G/Trac Suspension Upgrades

Steeda Sport / Competition Springs
Steeda Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda Performance Wheel Alignment
Steeda Front and Rear Sway Bars with Billet Ends
Steeda Billet Front Sway Bar Mounts
Steeda Sport Series Struts/Shocks
Steeda Heavy Duty Billet Upper Strut Mounts
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
Steeda X11 Ball Joint
Powertrain Upgrades

Steeda Axle back Stainless Steel Exhaust
Steeda Billet Idler and Tensioner Pulley Set
Steeda Billet Water Pump Pulley
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter
Chassis / Body Upgrades

Steeda Rear Chassis X-Brace
Steeda Front Aerodynamic Enhancement
Steeda Rear Aerodynamic Spoiler

Steeda Rear Quarter Window Emblems

Optional Equipment:

Suspension Upgrades

Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arm
Steeda Coil-Over System with Updated Upper Strut Mount
Brake Upgrades

Steeda 6-Piston Front & 6-Piston Rear Brake Kit with 15" Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors - OUR ULTIMATE BRAKE UPGRADE FOR SERIOUS STREET & TRACK DRIVERS (Note: This option requires special wheel sizing - contact us for more details).
Steeda Front Rotor Upgrade
Hawk Performance Pad Upgrade
Steeda 14" Front Brake Upgrade
Steeda 13" Rear Brake Upgrade
Wheel & Tire Upgrades

Steeda Locking Lug Nut Set
Steeda Pentar Wheels (18" x 9.5") Upgrade to Chrome Finish
Steeda Spyder Wheels Black with Machined Lip 20" x 9.5 (front) 20" x 11" (rear) with Nitto INVO or NT05
Steeda Spyder Wheels Black with Machined Face & Lip 20" x 9.5 (front) 20" x 11" (rear) with Nitto INVO or NT05
Steeda Spyder Wheels Chrome 20" x 9.5 (front) & 20" x 11" (rear) with Nitto INVO or NT05
HRE Monoblock P40 wheels 20” x 9.5” (front) & 20” x 11” (rear) with Nitto INVO or NTO5
HRE FlowForm Wheels 20” x 9.5” (front) & 20” x 11” (rear) with Nitto INVO or NTO5

Let me know if you would like to speak to one of our vehicles experts & we can get you to your goal ... we have a lot of experience with fast & track capable cars!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang