add my color gauges and ambient lighting. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
add my color gauges and ambient lighting.

well i called ford yesterday and got a quote for a so called plug and play kit for the lights and a new gauge for the dash and was quoted 300 on parts and like 5 hours labor at 110 dollars so ima probly have them just install the dash gauges and do the rest myself. what do you guys think and has any one gone threw this yet any heads up ?
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure they are probably quoting you a price for part number CL8Z-13E700-AA which is just footwell & cup holder lights that are not controlled or have any changes to your gauge lighting. If you were to get an MyColor with your gauges, you need a new instrument panel cluster and it alone is over 400 not counting module programming that would have to be done.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I'm sure they are probably quoting you a price for part number CL8Z-13E700-AA which is just footwell & cup holder lights that are not controlled or have any changes to your gauge lighting. If you were to get an MyColor with your gauges, you need a new instrument panel cluster and it alone is over 400 not counting module programming that would have to be done.
thats what i was thinking sounded to cheap for parts for a dash and all the rest but he said it was on sale so idk hope ur wrong lol which would mean real cheap my color settings. but idk leme take her in tomarro and talk in person something sounds off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Goodluck. If you go the DIY route, this link, DJ provides some critical info you will need to install LED's that will change color.
Mind you, with this OR what your dealer is quoting you, will not be OEM myColor that is controlled by your steering wheel control and displayed on your instrument cluster that changes colors too. Doing a complete OEM my color install on a base car would cost thousands of dollars done at a dealership. Ford Parts has an ambient light kit for $250-300 is controlled by a remote control, not integrated into your car controls. It consists of only two footwell light strips and a light that goes in your cup holder. (not the lighted ring either)
added ambient lighting - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Goodluck. If you go the DIY route, this link, DJ provides some critical info you will need to install LED's that will change color.
Mind you, with this OR what your dealer is quoting you, will not be OEM myColor that is controlled by your steering wheel control and displayed on your instrument cluster that changes colors too. Doing a complete OEM my color install on a base car would cost thousands of dollars done at a dealership. Ford Parts has an ambient light kit for $250-300 is controlled by a remote control, not integrated into your car controls. It consists of only two footwell light strips and a light that goes in your cup holder. (not the lighted ring either)
added ambient lighting - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
thanks for that info it will help and if the dash gauges dont come with the kit im not geting it..... i can put footwell lighst and a ring in my cup holder for way less
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150130_215414_096.jpg
Views:	1634
Size:	937.6 KB
ID:	175730  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT