Poly bushing replacement in PH bar and sway bar rear - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Canada
Poly bushing replacement in PH bar and sway bar rear

Sway bar, Panhard. Energy Susp kits for both...BBP car.

Always fun getting the rubber parts out from links and arms...hello blowtorch....

Anyway, kinda finished the job in small bits, panhard first because it is a more critical link in the suspension than the sway bar and I dd the car.

Previously, I had installed tubular poly LCAs and a rubber Roush upper. even with that, the car's body had a tendency to try to out-accelerate the rear end when heavy applications of throttle were used out of a turn and this could snatch the rear tires right off the road and made an planned rotation of the rear out of a turn unpredictable.

The panhard was a surprisingly heavy duty bit of kit for a factory piece, easily the equivalent of any aftermarket non-adjustable, once you get rid of the rubber. The only reason to buy another PH bar is if you want adjustability, other wise, just do the bushes like I did. It's a 1/4 of the price of a non adjustable bar and has the same effect.

Since the install, the rear is tracking better, accepts power more predictable and rolls in the back a touch less, from the stiffening of the rear 24 mm bar's action.

I recommend doing this. Cheap, highly effective.

A bit of a pain in the *** but, not a big technical problem, just messy. You'll want a deadblow hammer, a press or a good bench vise to get the bushings in. I found the simple deadblow with the bushing on the floor and hit the link, to be highly effective. Getting the links around the curves in the bar a bit tough. A slathered motorcycle fork oil on the bar to make this easier, as it won't degrade rubber or poly parts, cleaned it off with brake clean and lubed the contact points with silicone brake grease provided with the bushings.
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto N/A tune. 100 shot nitrous on BBR tune. Best e/t 11.42 at 120.64

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT