Ordered TVS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Ordered TVS

Hey guys ordered Roush TVS phase one (575) along with JLT cai and VMP tune for my 14 GT. I've driven a 13 with the same kit on the Roush tune and hated it. Now I know I'll see a huge difference with the VMP tune but safety/reliability, am I better off staying with the Roush calibration? Warranty aside, I'm more worried about my motor crapping out. I'm not willing to sacrifice longevity for short term horsepower. I guess my question is, is VMP tune safe? Thanks in advance. Staying with whatever pulley comes in the kit for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 04:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchief15 View Post
Hey guys ordered Roush TVS phase one (575) along with JLT cai and VMP tune for my 14 GT. I've driven a 13 with the same kit on the Roush tune and hated it. Now I know I'll see a huge difference with the VMP tune but safety/reliability, am I better off staying with the Roush calibration? Warranty aside, I'm more worried about my motor crapping out. I'm not willing to sacrifice longevity for short term horsepower. I guess my question is, is VMP tune safe? Thanks in advance. Staying with whatever pulley comes in the kit for now.

Yes you will be fine with a VMP tune! I've ran over 600rwhp through a VMP blower and tune on a stock motor for a long time, and so have a bunch of other people. And I'm running more boost and probably a bigger injector than you will be. Plus my VMP is ported.

ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Yes you will be fine with a VMP tune! I've ran over 600rwhp through a VMP blower and tune on a stock motor for a long time, and so have a bunch of other people. And I'm running more boost and probably a bigger injector than you will be. Plus my VMP is ported.

Just curious what is a long time? Miles, type of use? Always wondering how the stock coyote holds up.
BigJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Just curious what is a long time? Miles, type of use? Always wondering how the stock coyote holds up.

Well.. Almost two years. And about 4000 miles worth of track passes and spirited driving. The transmission (if you have a manual) is more of a problem than the engine is

ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT