Steeda CAI and Boss Manifold - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Steeda CAI and Boss Manifold

I was just wondering if anybody here has a steeda cai and a boss manifold. I have heard from some people that it can be done but is a huge hassle. Anybody have any experience with it? thanks for the help
Bighebs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Are you going to shift your car at 7k+ more often than not, and willing to lose low end torque? Then sure its totally worth the hassle, else I'd suggest you save your money for long tubes. Steeda CAI doesnt have anything to do figment wise with a boss intake I guess. But having said that, your stock airbox is a CAI in itself.

$0.2
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I do, the intake tube doesn't line up so you have to work the silicon couplers. In the end I bought their Boss specific intake tube.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
do you think I should just order the boss 302 version? I just wasn't sure how that would work. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bighebs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
If you want to do the Boss intake and Steeda CAI, that would be the easiest, everything would line up correctly. Their boss intake tube is also bigger than the standard one.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here is a nice write-up of how to install the unit with the Steeda CAI:

How To Install A Boss Intake Manifold (Ford Racing 11-14 Mustang GT)

Quote:
This is what I'm talking about. What a huge change to everything. My car really woke up with the addition of this package. I was a huge change in power, and the appearence of my engine compartment. The installation went smoothly. The tune works perfect. My idle quality is perfect with the billet MAF the have in the kit! - See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Boss Mustang Manifold Power Pack Manual Transmission - Free Shipping!
Quote:
has the Boss power pack installed on my manual '13 GT with @ 700 miles on the odometer. The install included the Boss manifold, the Steeda CAI, and an SCT tuner with Steeda tune. I also had a set of delete pipes installed at the same time. My results were very positive. I noticed a minimal impact on low end coupled with a major increase to the top end hit. The car positively rocks and actually picked up a few mpg if I can keep my foot out of it. I don't have any dyno or strip results to report but I hope to hit moroso some time when it's dry. I've got about 3,000 miles on my car so far and it's running strong. Another benefit to this kit is the aesthetics. The manifold and CAI look great, especially after deleting the silly sound pipe and adding a set of breathers. Steeda is local to me so they did the install and I couldn't be happier with the service and follow up. - See more at: Steeda 2011-14 Boss Mustang Manifold Power Pack Manual Transmission - Free Shipping!
Shoot me an email at tim@steeda.com & I can put you in contact with one of our sales reps that has this unit installed on of their cars ... he can provide some good feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai