Cervinis hood '13 '14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Cervinis hood '13 '14

I'm interested in ordering the Cervinis Hood, either from AM or Cervinis directly but I'm a little concerned it may arrive damaged. I've read a lot of reviews saying they recieved it and it had chips or needed work.
There is the option of ordering through Cervinis having it pre painted also. Anyone have good luck with these hoods arriving just fine? Is it better to order unpainted and have a shop install and tweek it or get a pre painted one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	176005  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I bought a prepainted cervini hood and it came in perfect condition. They have all kinds of padding and the hood is wrapped up so it can't shift in the box. Their paint is also better than OEM and has a reputation behind it. Having said all of that. I ordered it last year and I just got it because they have a five week wait due to the number of orders they receive

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

That good looking hood,is it functional.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Just looked it up, it's fully functional ram air but it said it was prepped and ready to paint. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:48 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just about to order this hood through AM. With their discount code, it's only $600. My body shop says about another $300 or so for paint and install. Although I've never spent that much all on one mod before, I just can't think of another visual mod with so much impact.
Anyone else do this and have pics or comments?
With my black 2014, it should end up looking like this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	176643  
Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Ordered a Salker II last week

I ordered a Stalker II hood pre-painted for my 2011 GT online last week straight from Cervinis. I also ordered their ram air kit that mounts underneath the hood and their CAI that matched their ram air mount. No where on their website did it say 4-6 weeks for delivery. I am trying to work out a free hood strut kit or something. Oh well, I am still excited about the look and the functional ram air. I just which they would pre install the ram air kit on the hood but they don't do that. I can not wait to post pictures once its on. I hope Bama has a tune for it? I will let you know
Justin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin72 View Post
I ordered a Stalker II hood pre-painted for my 2011 GT online last week straight from Cervinis. I also ordered their ram air kit that mounts underneath the hood and their CAI that matched their ram air mount. No where on their website did it say 4-6 weeks for delivery. I am trying to work out a free hood strut kit or something. Oh well, I am still excited about the look and the functional ram air. I just which they would pre install the ram air kit on the hood but they don't do that. I can not wait to post pictures once its on. I hope Bama has a tune for it? I will let you know

I had to wait almost three months to get my prepainted hood from cervinis

Old 03-10-2015, 06:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I ended up ordering the type 4 Cervinis for my 14 but through AM, unpainted since the discount code brought the price down to $620 shipped...... But, this was Friday and I have yet to see a in transit email even though it was "in stock" at AM.
I showed my local body shop the online product info and pics and they said roughly $325 for paint and install when it arrives.
I also preferred AM's response better to my question "what do I do if it arrives damaged, broken etc"
AM..." Open with driver present, note damage, don't refuse it, keep it and call us, new one will come"
Cervinis..." Open with driver present, refuse it, make them keep it" ( and deal with that inevitable hassle with an impatient driver that I'm sure wants to drop and go.)
I'll update this hopefully in a week with pics of it installed!..... Hopefully....right AM?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I had to wait almost three months to get my prepainted hood from cervinis

Have you had a chance to install it yet? Was the fit and finish as good as the reviews? I had back surgery and am out of commission and can not drive for at least 3 weeks so the time frame is no big deal to me, its just the fact that their Website says ships in 2 days, nothing about 4-6 weeks. I too would have purchased from AM but they don't have the Stalker II on their site. Did you order their ram air kit for the hood that was extra?
Old 03-10-2015, 11:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426049347.520290.jpg
Views:	1062
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	177155

The paint quality is excellent on the cervini hood and it fits great! It came boxed up prepared for a tank to run over it, and they use YRC for freight shipping and the driver was very friendly and even help me take the package all the way inside the house. After I opened it up and inspected it though. It's imperative you inspect it the minute you get it so that way you can send it back!

Now on the other hand, the bottom black non painted side of the hood has dry polish powder and scratches all over likely from them having it on a stand and polishing the painted side. I really didn't mind as I planned on having the underside of the hood vinyl wrapped to begin with because it is a show car. Having said that, I did call them and let them now about it and they were very apologetic. I would have sent it back just because I wanted it perfect but I am not prepared to wait another month or more for it to be fixed. I'm currently waiting on seeing how they will fix this issue. However, I LOVE this hood.

Old 03-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

That looks awesome, I am even more excited about getting mine today! Thanks for the picture.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

By today I mean in several weeks. Lol

Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Attachment 177155

The paint quality is excellent on the cervini hood and it fits great! It came boxed up prepared for a tank to run over it, and they use YRC for freight shipping and the driver was very friendly and even help me take the package all the way inside the house. After I opened it up and inspected it though. It's imperative you inspect it the minute you get it so that way you can send it back!

Now on the other hand, the bottom black non painted side of the hood has dry polish powder and scratches all over likely from them having it on a stand and polishing the painted side. I really didn't mind as I planned on having the underside of the hood vinyl wrapped to begin with because it is a show car. Having said that, I did call them and let them now about it and they were very apologetic. I would have sent it back just because I wanted it perfect but I am not prepared to wait another month or more for it to be fixed. I'm currently waiting on seeing how they will fix this issue. However, I LOVE this hood.

That hood is mean...no extractors on this one. Not sure if I'm feeling that, but it looks great.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
That hood is mean...no extractors on this one. Not sure if I'm feeling that, but it looks great.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426213876.724067.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	177285

They are in the cowl instead

Old 03-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Attachment 177285

That's bad to the bone. Very nice
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 177285

That is beautiful. Totally changed my mind lol. How's visibility? Not too bad right?

Old 03-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Mine arrives at the body shop today and install will be next week.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Visibility... Lol. Well, there isn't really very much. It's pretty difficult to see over the first couple times driving but you get used to it. If you are like me, then you back into parking spots. That helps a lot as in most cases you aren't going to be able to see how close you are to a curb/car while turning in to the spot. Straight ahead vision is still fine and if you look on the side of the cowl you are on then it's just like stock in that regard.

In my opinion, the shear presence of this hood and how it makes the car look is worth any visibility issues it came with. It gets 100s of looks and thumbs up anywhere I go. I love it. Just remember though, I have the 4" and that's the largest cowl available on the market. They have 3" cowls and the cobra R also if the 4" is too much.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Visibility... Lol. Well, there isn't really very much. It's pretty difficult to see over the first couple times driving but you get used to it. If you are like me, then you back into parking spots. That helps a lot as in most cases you aren't going to be able to see how close you are to a curb/car while turning in to the spot. Straight ahead vision is still fine and if you look on the side of the cowl you are on then it's just like stock in that regard.

In my opinion, the shear presence of this hood and how it makes the car look is worth any visibility issues it came with. It gets 100s of looks and thumbs up anywhere I go. I love it. Just remember though, I have the 4" and that's the largest cowl available on the market. They have 3" cowls and the cobra R also if the 4" is too much.

Lol good to know.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

My Cervini type 4 ram air hood arrived at the body shop undamaged from AM. The shop called and said it looks like a great quality hood but the estimate to paint and install of $325 will be more like $500.
The instructions that came with it involve a little more prep work than they expected. I guess they need to pre bake it, then prime it so that no pin holes or bubbles develop.
This will end up being the most expensive mod I've ever done to a car but the end results should be more of a visual change than a years worth of smaller mods.
It should be done and installed by the end of the week and I'll post pics.
Total cost=Hood-$600. Paint, prep and install-$500
Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
My Cervini type 4 ram air hood arrived at the body shop undamaged from AM. The shop called and said it looks like a great quality hood but the estimate to paint and install of $325 will be more like $500.
The instructions that came with it involve a little more prep work than they expected. I guess they need to pre bake it, then prime it so that no pin holes or bubbles develop.
This will end up being the most expensive mod I've ever done to a car but the end results should be more of a visual change than a years worth of smaller mods.
It should be done and installed by the end of the week and I'll post pics.
Total cost=Hood-$600. Paint, prep and install-$500

This is exactly why I had cervini paint mine. Cervini offers a warranty on their paint jobs and will send the hood to you ready to install. Plus I bought the hood for $600 and paint only cost $350 from cervini. Then I used my discount code and had it all for right over $900 shipped

Old 03-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Cervini has a discount code?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Cervini has a discount code?

They do discounts all the time. Just google it.

Seanp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I love my Ram air hood from Cervinis. Got it prepainted, but now the negative...
I bought one and it cracked within a month. Went to body shop so they new it was not impact damage. They sent me a second one to replace and noticed cracks in it a week later. I plan on down the road getting it redone by a good shop and see why? I am also going to get them to put screen in the ram part so leaves and such cant get in the engine.. just in case.....
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:03 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Still waiting on my Stalker II hood. I ordered it on March 2 prepainted. They still can not even give me a paint date let alone a shipping date. I am getting a little more apprehensive about the hood the longer I wait. Can you say buyers remorse? That fact that I have paid fully for something that does not have a projected shipping date is frustrating. I could have just gotten my Ford "corrosion" issue fixed $400 and spent the difference on better mods that actually will effect performance.

Old 03-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Still waiting on my Stalker II hood. I ordered it on March 2 prepainted. They still can not even give me a paint date let alone a shipping date. I am getting a little more apprehensive about the hood the longer I wait. Can you say buyers remorse? That fact that I have paid fully for something that does not have a projected shipping date is frustrating. I could have just gotten my Ford "corrosion" issue fixed $400 and spent the difference on better mods that actually will effect performance.

I bought my 4" cowl hood the same way on December 30th and didn't receive it until early march. They have most usually a 3-5 week back order because of the sheer volume of sales they have. So don't expect yours until late may or early June. That's just my advice

Old 03-20-2015, 06:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's how I felt about my RTR decklid.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I'm in the market for the Ram Air IV also. I was wondering if the 'Ram Air underhood duct' would work with a CAI for a 6 cylinder since the only ones they carry are the V8 CAI's.
PatinMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I would think it does but you may want to make a call to Cervinis to make sure. Absolutely the best mod I've ever done to a car. It completely changed the look. I'll post some updated pics when the weather gets a little better and it's clean. The hood is stout and durable. Probably twice as heavy as the factory hood. You may want to consider ordering it prepainted right from Cervinis because I orderd it unpainted from AM and there's quite a bit of prep work for a body shop to do if it's done right. All in all, I probably spent $100 more doing it that way and it would have been easier just getting Cervinis to do it.
Air now flows in on the upper engine area a lot more than just a big grill opening and if you do their ram air duct also, it's a true ram air CAI.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Well call Rippley, i just received an email from Cervinis with a tracking number for my hood, oh yeah! So its coming from NJ to NC, it should not take that long. I just had Kooks mid length headers and their cated H -pipe installed. Putting my MGW Race Spec shifter in tomorrow. Waiting for tune from Bama. My plan is coming together.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Even though I was told it shipped on the 9th, i did not get a tracking number unitil the 17th a week later, good news though it will be here on Tuesday the 21st. I have my fingers crossed.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Got my hood last Tuesday, fit and finish is as advertised. I will post pics tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I really like it.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1430364294918.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	181388   Click image for larger version

Name:	1430364318544.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	181389  

Name:	1430364355674.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	181390  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT