AM got me again!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks I was really hoping to use them for my build.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I've actually bought a ton of stuff from them
And I s never had a single problem

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #38
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
So this is my third order through AM and again when I receive it it's not correct. I ordered a tuner and cai well I received a tuner and a set of axlebacks. Every time it's like this that's a huge quality control issue in my opinion. Now they no longer have the cai in stock they said maybe 3 weeks. So now I have to wait three weeks for an item that was in stock when I ordered it. Take time out of my busy schedule to find a ups store to ship their mufflers back. Killin me just had to vent I've been messaging someone from AM on here and not getting help there no replies at all. I'm trying really hard to give AM a chance and they are giving me every reason to take my business elsewhere!!

Hey ! I'm not entirely sure what happened in my inbox but this was the last message I received:

"Hope you got my last message. Just wanted to give you a heads up what happened and what help you could offer"

Shoot me a PM with your order number and I personally assure you that I'll make this right and that we'll get parts on your car by friday for the weekend!

Drop me a line ! I'm here to help get this fixed for you any way i can!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Appreciate it Alex when they called they told me 2 to 3 weeks before you can get your hands on the parts. So I think I'm just gonna have to wait. I'm probably gonna hold the mufflers till I know I get the cai. I just don't wanna get into a situation where I have no parts and AM has all my money.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Appreciate it Alex when they called they told me 2 to 3 weeks before you can get your hands on the parts. So I think I'm just gonna have to wait. I'm probably gonna hold the mufflers till I know I get the cai. I just don't wanna get into a situation where I have no parts and AM has all my money.

Do a complete return and buy from Hypermotive! You'll never go wrong with that route

ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Do a complete return and buy from Hypermotive! You'll never go wrong with that route

I'm going to give AM a chance to take care of me if they don't I will give them a try for sure.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm going to give AM a chance to take care of me if they don't I will give them a try for sure.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #43
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Hey jacobdlaw ,

I'm working behind the scenes to get this fixed for you any way I can!

Unfortunately we're sometimes at the mercy of the vendor on this if they're to have a shortage but I'm going to call Jay over at JLT and we'll get this cleared up for you today so don't worry! You're in good hands and I know you've seen how fast I work over here for my guys on MustangEvolution as well as anywhere else!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Great thanks Alex looking forward to a good outcome.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:00 PM   #45
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Great thanks Alex looking forward to a good outcome.
jacobdlaw - I'm waiting on a reply as we speak - You're in good hands! I'm sorry about this whole fiasco again but I'll move heaven and earth to make sure that you're in good shape and that we get this fixed for you as soon as humanly possible!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
That's crazy. I have ordered 8 different times with no problems. My issue was with tuning.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
That's crazy. I have ordered 8 different times with no problems. My issue was with tuning.

I hope my tune goes well. Alex has really stepped up and is helping me out. That's the customer service I was waiting for.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #48
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Famine -Every now and then problems come about where we don't have much control. Being in the position I'm in we "know" a couple people and we'll really stop at nothing to ensure that our customers are taken care of no matter what! Sorry to hear about the prior issues with tuning but would you like to shoot me a PM if you're still experiencing problems? Bama's had some really great improvements over the past 6 months and as of recent they've really been getting some great feedback on their latest tunes.

Let me know, I'm a PM away!

Quote:
I hope my tune goes well. Alex has really stepped up and is helping me out. That's the customer service I was waiting for.

jacobdlaw..Good news sir You've got Next Day Air Mail coming. I do want to go on record and let you know that Virginia is under some pretty heavy snow right now but they should have this moving and delvered for you tomorrow!

I'll shoot you a PM to go over a couple more things but you're good to go!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I had five bad issues in a row and I wouldn't buy paper towels from that place anymore.

Does AM actually sell paper towels? If so, I never noticed them before. I would probably just go to Wal Mart to buy the paper towels but that's just me.

OP, sorry to hear your misfortunes with AM. Some of you guys have the worst luck. I have been ordering from AM for over 4 years, 20 plus orders and not one mistake on AM's side.

The only issue I every had was with a seal went bad on my one raxiom headlight which was not AM's fault. I called AM about it and they had an entire new set sent out to me by the next day. Top knotch AM is.

OP, I can certainly understand your frustration but if you think other businesses don't have employee issues , your fooling yourself. Every business in the world has incompetent people and mistakes will be made. Human error happens. Unfortunately it happened to you three times which is why you have crappy luck. AM has been flawless in my 4 years.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Could it be this guy that got yours? And you got his?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424982011080.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	176226  
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1424982041275.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	176227  
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Ha ya that's awesome I got his axle backs then

Old 02-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

lol...really is a small world now isn't it! Maybe Alex can coordinate the "exchange"

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:28 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
i'll give yall my address and you can send them both to me. lol

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #55
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
OP, sorry to hear your misfortunes with AM. Some of you guys have the worst luck. I have been ordering from AM for over 4 years, 20 plus orders and not one mistake on AM's side. The only issue I every had was with a seal went bad on my one raxiom headlight which was not AM's fault. I called AM about it and they had an entire new set sent out to me by the next day. Top knotch AM is. OP, I can certainly understand your frustration but if you think other businesses don't have employee issues , your fooling yourself. Every business in the world has incompetent people and mistakes will be made. Human error happens. Unfortunately it happened to you three times which is why you have crappy luck. AM has been flawless in my 4 years.
Hey Kona - Thanks for the kind words here as always, I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Quote:
Ha ya that's awesome I got his axle backs then
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
lol...really is a small world now isn't it! Maybe Alex can coordinate the "exchange"
He did not and this is not how we'll be having this set up guys - We're unfortunately on back order on the JLT Cold Air Intake and I had some strings pulled to ensure that we could get one to him due to the inconvenience. Dan's not on the forums too much anymore and is offsite today. So if there's something else I can help out with please don't hesitate to let me know.

Pending the weather coming out of VA right now the OP should have his intake tomorrow!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
i'll give yall my address and you can send them both to me. lol

lol....

Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

The weather in VA is awful. Suppose to get my cams tomorrow, but I doubt it now.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
If you are to ever have a similar situation to occur where you need to ship it back. You don't have to take the package that you don't want to a UPS store. Instead, contact AM or whatever shipper that you used and let them know that you received the wrong item and that you need it picked up. UPS will either come to your house or whatever address you would like with a call tag. They bring you that label and you hand over the package. If you can't be home you can leave it in a particular place and leave a note at your door. Or to eliminate all of that and you are present for the delivery and you know that is not what you ordered, you can refuse the package. UPS will not let you open anything on arrival though.

Gable80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
AM got me again!!!!

Also if you already have a UPS label on the package that is shipping to the destination that is needed, if you see a UPS truck, you can give it to that driver to take. Just don't try doing that to a driver the first thing in the morning as there won't likely be room in the truck lol
Also be sure the package is taped up good.

Gable80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:31 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:

I'm sure they'll help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey Famine -Every now and then problems come about where we don't have much control. Being in the position I'm in we "know" a couple people and we'll really stop at nothing to ensure that our customers are taken care of no matter what! Sorry to hear about the prior issues with tuning but would you like to shoot me a PM if you're still experiencing problems? Bama's had some really great improvements over the past 6 months and as of recent they've really been getting some great feedback on their latest tunes.

Let me know, I'm a PM away!

jacobdlaw..Good news sir You've got Next Day Air Mail coming. I do want to go on record and let you know that Virginia is under some pretty heavy snow right now but they should have this moving and delvered for you tomorrow!

I'll shoot you a PM to go over a couple more things but you're good to go!
I hope you don't think I'm being a dick, but in my situation, I gave you guys a week and a half to respond after my pm on moddedmustangs forum under my normal username "Excalibur" (some bastard took it here and I have yet to see it in use) with my order number included. I received a pm from you guys after my first post regarding my tuning woes on that forum that stated that you guys would have someone from Bama contact me, which they eventually did via a voicemail because I was working when they called, but after a week and a half, I went with AED and love their work as they're definitely the caliber everyone states in their reviews. I'm not saying you guys are bad at all, I hope you understand that. I will continue ordering from you as I already have being that this is my second 5.0, but there is some to be desired from Bama's tuning (probably because they're so generalized due to safety and their warranty). Thing is with me, I didn't want to wait and I didn't want to settle. I liked the AED reputation, and it worked as people stated. With their baseline map, it was 300% better in terms of driveability and after the final tune, the power felt like 25% more throughout, all on my recently calibrated but dyno. I never logged the Bama tunes, but with the final AED tune, it is perfect. As far as American Muscle, your customer service rocks overall in my cases other than the tuning.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:14 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Wonder if I order a wing if maybe someone could accidently send me a supercharger or something.... Hmmm lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
AM got me again!!!!

I have also gotten a screwy order, mine happened after Thanksgiving and I'm assuming they got all jacked up over the Black Friday melee. I actually got nearly twice the amount of items I paid for.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ed-merchandise

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:47 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Damn just my luck! Every time I order something they get it right! Lol

Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
R. axlebacks instead of a HAI....shhhhhhh....

....shhhhhh....
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

I'd take the mufflers. I did Airaid "tube" & aFe Dry-S air filter inverted. $155.00 for both.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tn_UPR catch can 007.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	176277  
Old 02-27-2015, 09:15 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
^I'm still a firm believer in the stock CAI... Ha. Best part about it... It's free

That mixup is funny and glad AM took care of you OP.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #67
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gable80 View Post
If you are to ever have a similar situation to occur where you need to ship it back. You don't have to take the package that you don't want to a UPS store. Instead, contact AM or whatever shipper that you used and let them know that you received the wrong item and that you need it picked up. UPS will either come to your house or whatever address you would like with a call tag. They bring you that label and you hand over the package. If you can't be home you can leave it in a particular place and leave a note at your door. Or to eliminate all of that and you are present for the delivery and you know that is not what you ordered, you can refuse the package. UPS will not let you open anything on arrival though.
Gable80 - Thanks for taking the time to post this up! We'll always work with our customers as well as mediate with UPS to ensure that we're not taking time out of your day to ship something back to us that was our mistake to begin with!

Alex

Quote:
I hope you don't think I'm being a dick, but in my situation, I gave you guys a week and a half to respond after my pm on moddedmustangs forum under my normal username "Excalibur") with my order number included.

I received a pm from you guys after my first post regarding my tuning woes on that forum that stated that you guys would have someone from Bama contact me, which they eventually did via a voicemail because I was working when they called, but after a week and a half, I went with AED and love their work as they're definitely the caliber everyone states in their reviews. I'm not saying you guys are bad at all, I hope you understand that. I will continue ordering from you as I already have being that this is my second 5.0, but there is some to be desired from Bama's tuning (probably because they're so generalized due to safety and their warranty).

Hey Famine - I'm really sorry to hear about this but who had you PM'd ? I have PM's saved on modded back to October and I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. I'm sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication between the Bama Tuning Specialists but if you're not enrolled in their Free Tunes For Life Program I'd love to hear your honest feedback on their new V2 Tunes. If you're interested in having this set up shoot me a PM and I'll do the rest.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding our customer service - We really pride ourselves on being the best out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
Wonder if I order a wing if maybe someone could accidently send me a supercharger or something.... Hmmm lol

UrMaster - Our supercharger kits don't sit on our shelves and we prefer that they're built to order so you're getting fresh parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I have also gotten a screwy order, mine happened after Thanksgiving and I'm assuming they got all jacked up over the Black Friday melee. I actually got nearly twice the amount of items I paid for.
Hey Compstall - Sorry to hear about that but can you shoot me a PM about this by chance so we can have whatever was incorrectly sent returned back to us??

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I already took care of it. However, let me give you this piece of advice...

The day I called about the issue, apparently I got lucky and just happened to catch a guy on the phone before your doors were "closed". I only knew this because the kid reminded me of this 3 times in the conversation. A customer should never be told "we're closed now", and especially, as a business owner, the last thing I'd want to know is that my employees are only listening to half the story on the phone and shotgunning parts out the door just to appease the customer so they can hang up the phone and go home for the day. If thats the case, you'd be better off not to answer the phone at all that time of day. If it was my business, I'd be having somebody's ***.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Alex you did a great job i received my cai today in good condition couldn't be happier. Hope to install it tonight or tomorrow. I appreciate you taking the time to handle my problem and I will definitely be contacting you when I make my next order with AM and I know you will make it go as smooth as possible

Old 02-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Gable80 - Thanks for taking the time to post this up! We'll always work with our customers as well as mediate with UPS to ensure that we're not taking time out of your day to ship something back to us that was our mistake to begin with!

Alex

Hey Famine - I'm really sorry to hear about this but who had you PM'd ? I have PM's saved on modded back to October and I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. I'm sorry to hear that there was a miscommunication between the Bama Tuning Specialists but if you're not enrolled in their Free Tunes For Life Program I'd love to hear your honest feedback on their new V2 Tunes. If you're interested in having this set up shoot me a PM and I'll do the rest.

Thanks for the kind comments regarding our customer service - We really pride ourselves on being the best out there!

UrMaster - Our supercharger kits don't sit on our shelves and we prefer that they're built to order so you're getting fresh parts!

Hey Compstall - Sorry to hear about that but can you shoot me a PM about this by chance so we can have whatever was incorrectly sent returned back to us??

Alex
I don't have my sent messages anymore, but you're the one that replied to me eventually. I'm ok. I got my tune now already so it's all good. I appreciate the assistance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT