AM got me again!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
AM got me again!!!!

So this is my third order through AM and again when I receive it it's not correct. I ordered a tuner and cai well I received a tuner and a set of axlebacks. Every time it's like this that's a huge quality control issue in my opinion. Now they no longer have the cai in stock they said maybe 3 weeks. So now I have to wait three weeks for an item that was in stock when I ordered it. Take time out of my busy schedule to find a ups store to ship their mufflers back. Killin me just had to vent I've been messaging someone from AM on here and not getting help there no replies at all. I'm trying really hard to give AM a chance and they are giving me every reason to take my business elsewhere!!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Call them directly.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
I did that was part of the frustration


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: League City
Region: Texas
Posts: 392
That's gonna happen anywhere. Although I do understand your frustration. Usually Will from AM is on here. He's pretty good about getting back to people on here. And about giving special deals to people with issues like that.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
 
Socal Stangman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Temecula Ca.
Region: California
Posts: 1,872
I understand your frustration with AM. While they really are a great company, they arent perfect. Human error is always a factor. I live on the West Coast and I split my business between AM and LMR. I like LMR because I get stuff quciker ( they are in Texas I believe), but AM has more stuff. AM tends to be out of stock more than Id like to see,so when that happens I go to LMR ( I also get a discount from them). No one would fault you if you wanted to spread your business around. Ill always back AM because they really are a great company with awesome customer service, but like I said they arent with out the occasional issue....good luck.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
That's what I thought the last two times and when I talk to reps on here they give me that comfort feeling then I get got again.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
What kind of axle back is it?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
The roush axle backs


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
dave73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mechanicsville
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
The roush axle backs


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

You might have came out ahead in the screwup! lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
You might have came out ahead in the screwup! lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You don't get to keep them lol.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
The axlebacks are worth more and probably easier to sell but that's not what I ordered or paid for that's not how I roll. But it's not easy for me to return them to a ups store


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Don't mean to seem like I'm bashing AM. Just three bad experiences in a row. Frustrated to say the least now I have little faith in these tunes I'm about to load into my car from this company.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
Don't mean to seem like I'm bashing AM. Just three bad experiences in a row. Frustrated to say the least now I have little faith in these tunes I'm about to load into my car from this company.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You realize they are essentially a middleman right? So a few of your past experiences could have been more the actual manufacturer than them. Your tunes will be fine.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
No I didn't realize that so they have no clue what they are shipping.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #15
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
No I didn't realize that so they have no clue what they are shipping.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Not necessarily saying that. What I will say though is there was a thread about the wrong headers getting sent out which turned out to be a mistake from Mac and not am as am did not even offer those headers on their site. They can't necessarily go through every box and check because it will look repackaged which people won't like. Odd that you have had three bad orders in a row where as others (myself included) have had 10+ orders with no mistakes.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCali5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beckley
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,396
I'd keep the mufflers lol they're better than the "cold air intake". I totally understand what u mean, it's the fact that u didn't get what u ordered.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Ya this time it should have been jlt cai and there is roush all over this box with a big sticker that says roush axleback with a part number. So whoever shipped it was a major oversight


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
Ya this time it should have been jlt cai and there is roush all over this box with a big sticker that says roush axleback with a part number. So whoever shipped it was a major oversight


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Wonder who got the intake instead of the rouch's lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
My experience with them has been similar. I purchased a few items including Raxium LED lights. When it arrived I opened the box and all my items were thrown in the box and I was shocked the lack of care in packing and surprised nothing was broken. To top it off there was no receipt or packing slip. I've ordered car parts from more online vendors then I can count and I've never received anything as poorly packaged.

A few weeks later I noticed the LED's were flickering when they would dim opposed to just dimming like the OEM lights. I sent them an email regarding this to see if it was normal and its been a few months and never received a response.

I am not going to create threads online to vent my experience and ultimately the lights were only $25 dollars and I am overall happy with the additional light output but it would have been nice to see a little more care and customer service. It seems like you see a lot of threads like this were there were mistakes made on their end and continue to happen. Instead of scanning fourms to find people who are the 'squeaky wheel' and going out of their way to make them happy they should really investigate the root cause as to how these kinds of things continue to occur without being noticed using their company policies. Again I don't want or expect anything free but it would have been nice to have more care taken in my items being packed and a response to my email when I had concerns related to my purchase using their means of communication listed on their website.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Wonder who got the intake instead of the rouch's lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Ya I bet they are wtf cai don't do **** who would want this. 👉this guy does


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
Ya I bet they are wtf cai don't do **** who would want this. 👉this guy does


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Maybe Alex will tell you to keep the mufflers and send you an intake

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
My experience with them has been similar. I purchased a few items including Raxium LED lights. When it arrived I opened the box and all my items were thrown in the box and I was shocked the lack of care in packing and surprised nothing was broken. To top it off there was no receipt or packing slip. I've ordered car parts from more online vendors then I can count and I've never received anything as poorly packaged.

A few weeks later I noticed the LED's were flickering when they would dim opposed to just dimming like the OEM lights. I sent them an email regarding this to see if it was normal and its been a few months and never received a response.

I am not going to create threads online to vent my experience and ultimately the lights were only $25 dollars and I am overall happy with the additional light output but it would have been nice to see a little more care and customer service. It seems like you see a lot of threads like this were there were mistakes made on their end and continue to happen. Instead of scanning fourms to find people who are the 'squeaky wheel' and going out of their way to make them happy they should really investigate the root cause as to how these kinds of things continue to occur without being noticed using their company policies. Again I don't want or expect anything free but it would have been nice to have more care taken in my items being packed and a response to my email when I had concerns related to my purchase using their means of communication listed on their website.

Ya I just want what I pay for. Things happen that's why I called AM first thing but they just seemed like whatever ship our stuff back you might have yours in three weeks. Then I got an email saying there is an exchange being done because I ordered the wrong thing. Really


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Maybe Alex will tell you to keep the mufflers and send you an intake

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

That would be nice but I doubt that very much


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobdlaw View Post
That would be nice but I doubt that very much


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eh I have seen it happen before. Can you take a screenshot of your order info and post it up? Without your address of course

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424907008.399276.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	176196they added the roush on there the tuner and cai was the original order


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Was the CAI already on backorder at the time of your purchase?
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1424907233.410023.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	176197

Here is the email that shows I got the tuner and cai combo no roush. Ya it was in stock when I made the purchase and sometime during shipping they sold out


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
peter863's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 66
That suck bro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
peter863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:58 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Ya and now looking at their website it says processing the roush ab they are probably just gonna charge me for them that would be my luck


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
20bmr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Acworth
Region: Georgia
Posts: 186
I would keep the tuner and forget about the CAI--get an Xpipe
__________________
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:01 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
brandonhgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Region: Michigan
Posts: 91
Man that is rough. You try PM'ing the AM guys too?
__________________
2003 GT Vert- Centennial Edition
brandonhgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Waylap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: US
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 820
Ditch that hot air intake!
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
jacobdlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Man that is rough. You try PM'ing the AM guys too?

Ya I pm' done of them twice and no response I saw him posting on here earlier so guess I'm on my own.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
jacobdlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: South Bend
Region: Indiana
Posts: 64
I'm kind of surprised.......AM has always done me right and if there was a mix up, then they took care of it right away.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
I had five bad issues in a row and I wouldn't buy paper towels from that place anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got the fever again, Thanks Zebs big show 98 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 03-06-2010 03:41 AM
So I got a new Stereo again.... Brent The Bar 8 09-20-2006 04:38 PM
got pulled over..AGAIN meteorachick The Bar 19 08-13-2005 01:21 AM
Got pulled over again.... for driving the speed limit? WhiteStang99 The Bar 28 06-16-2005 01:42 PM
got pulled over....again meteorachick The Bar 32 05-12-2005 06:28 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.