Mustang Evolution Forum banner

14 gt AT vibrates/shutters at idle when fan/ac turns on

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  christianh 
#1 ·
After searching and finding nothing I want to ask you guys.

I have a 14 base gt automatic. When I am at a stop with the vehicle in drive and the fan turns on, the whole vehicle kind of shutters/vibrates for maybe 1.5 seconds.There is also a small dip in rpm(50-75)

is it normal for the car to shake this much?

you can feel the vibrations in the seat and steering wheel. It really only does it when there is a spike in electrical draw such as the fan turning on or ac compressor.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
My ex girlfriends 05 v6 would do this and it would also do it if you try to roll the windows up if they're already up. Could be an alternator problem

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI

#7 ·
I had that issue and low and behold I've had 3 alternators in 3 years. The stock one went out at about 70k and then I got a Duralast one, Chinese piece of crap didn't last 6 months. So I got another one and apparently they changed manufacturers because this one was built in Mexico and it's been solid for nearly 20k miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#10 ·
Had the mustang at the dealer over the weekend, the only thing they found was a p0456 code. Apparently the evap purge valve was stuck open. They've replaced it but my problem is still there.

Sent from my SGP561 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#11 ·
I have a 14 base model GT with an automatic and my car does not do this. My car is stock other than a GT500 AB and GT500 OTA pipes. Is your car still stock?

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.