Barton 2 post bracket question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Barton 2 post bracket question

Just picked one up slightly used for 50 bucks. Have not installed yet because its cold out side in Jersey. Anyway question is will i notice a difference in shifting? I will be getting a short throw down the road but the 50 bucks was to good to pass up imo.
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I couldn't tell you myself as the cold is keeping me from mine as well, but after doing searches like you should, I would say yes you will feel crisper shifting; however, this won't correct the ****ty design ford used for our shifter.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You will notice it!! Worth the $$

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Redonblackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have just the standard Barton bracket and could tell a difference so I'm sure you'll be able to notice a difference with the two post bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Major difference, so much better than the stock gummy bushing/bracket. You will think you upgraded your whole shifter. Make sure you get the Barton fitted/screwed down even with the strip of foam insulation between it and the body/tunnel. If the bracket is metal to metal on the body NVH will be increased noticeably.
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstorm View Post
Just picked one up slightly used for 50 bucks. Have not installed yet because its cold out side in Jersey. Anyway question is will i notice a difference in shifting? I will be getting a short throw down the road but the 50 bucks was to good to pass up imo.
Hey Jstorm,

Great pickup!

You will definitely notice a difference! I installed the Barton Two-Post Bracket before the short throw on my personal GT and loved the difference in shifting even with the stock shifter. The short throw then took it over the top!

You will not be disappointed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Jstorm,

Great pickup!

You will definitely notice a difference! I installed the Barton Two-Post Bracket before the short throw on my personal GT and loved the difference in shifting even with the stock shifter. The short throw then took it over the top!

You will not be disappointed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Will
I just received my Barton short shifter and two post bracket from you guys (AM) today. Haven't installed it yet because of the snow storm yesterday. These are high quality parts. The packaging and prompt shipping was very good. Just wish you would have included the little tube of blue Loctite haha. Also, thanks for giving me a military discount, every little bit helps.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans5oh View Post
I just received my Barton short shifter and two post bracket from you guys (AM) today. Haven't installed it yet because of the snow storm yesterday. These are high quality parts. The packaging and prompt shipping was very good. Just wish you would have included the little tube of blue Loctite haha. Also, thanks for giving me a military discount, every little bit helps.
Awesome Dan!

I love the way the Barton Industries Short Shifter and Two-Post Bracket completely transformed my driving experience, you will to!

Keep us updated once you get it installed, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT