Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Let's see those 19" and 20" wheels.

30K views 155 replies 61 participants last post by  Kevin.Cook 
#1 ·
I have a set of 20" Foose I want to sell. Just looking for something new. I almost think they look too big on the car.... Except when it's in motion. Kinda want to go to 19"s but may get another set of 20's. Especially interested in seeing amr black or charcoal in 20" and boss Laguna Seca in black chrome 19 or 20". Can't find much on the interweb. Open to other options as well in that price range. Let's see what u guys got.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
View attachment 176384
View attachment 176385
Rovos 20" Durbans I love them

2013 Sterling Grey GT/Brembo package/upper and lower Billet grill/SR Performance lowering springs/J&M adjustable panhard bar/Roush axel back/AEM CAI
Nice, I like the look. Where did you get em from? Where else is everyone finding good deals and nice wheels besides AM?

#5 ·
Been contemplating black wheels but I've always liked chrome. Imo very few cars can pull off black wheels, and on the rest it just reminds me of like a beater wheel or dirty rim lol just my opinion. Definitely liking that black chrome I've seen a couple times but seems very rare. Here's a pic of my 2 different sets I have now. Ones the SVE Drags and the other are the Foose Nitrous staggered 20's. Definitely keeping the drags for play time but as for a dd wheel any suggestions on what you guys think might look good? Not spending no 400 dollars a wheel tho....

#7 ·
#11 ·
I do kinda like them mmd 551c's posted above. On the same hand what deerslayer posted.... Never thought about a more exotic looking rim like that... But think I might be liking it!

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Have any more pics?

#58 ·
The distributor for PUR wheels says to contact them for a quote, which undoubtedly means they cost an arm and a leg. That, and the fact that they have a bunch of supercars pictured on their website means you're probably paying close to or over $1,000 per wheel. They do look nice though.

#9 ·
Rim Choices

These are Zinik - Deep Dish after market from Tire Rack

These are 2013 OE GT option.
]

Good luck, selecting replacement rims. It was exhausting for me. Chromed aluminum rims are a pitting-flaking disaster just waiting to happen. Chrome is very brittle and Aluminum (hot and cold) is not very stable. One day about 2 years in, a friend said, "Dude, check out your rims, what the H happened?" I have no idea but I do know replacing rims is wicked $$. Enuf said, I am done with chrome.

#10 ·
Depends on quality and how ya take care of em. I've always had chrome wheels, some for over 6 years and 80k on a daily driven car and never had problems. Just not so sure I'm liking the look of black wheels on a white car. Seem to look better on red and blue cars lately to me. Hmmm decisions decisions.

#13 ·
They are PUR RS05 in modern matte black. They are directional wheels so you have left and right side wheels. Super light weight forged aluminum.

#14 ·
Since sharing my experience with others about chrome, I have heard over and over the same from others. Mine is not a DD, Never driven in rain or snow, garage kept in show condition continually but still it went off the rails. I believe there is an inherent and unavoidable problem in plating a brittle material over one that flexes. As far as determining the quality or the rim, I am not aware of a way to be sure. The price I paid certainly was no guarantee.

#19 ·
View attachment 176486
After the lowering springs.

Chris
Those come in black chrome or regular chrome anywhere?

Big ballin'...nice :thumb:

When it comes to wheels, it's 5 spoke or nothing for me. I like the looks of 20 inch wheels the best on the 10-14's. They look big enough for the body style to give a nice visual impact without being too over the top.

Here's a set of Roush 20's on my 14' GT/CS. Can't wait to upgrade the ugly base GT brakes that you get stuck with on the Cali Special. I've have some nice 6 piston Brembo's on there soon enough. I'm thinking yellow would be a cool contrast with the paint.
Looks sexi

#18 ·
Agreed, always liked 5 star design or similar myself. Starting to like the style like amr or the sve drifts crroy71 posted above. Found these and like em too, anyine running them? And what's the hyper colors? I see hyper silver an hyper black. Is it just a fancy name for gloss black or polished? Was looking at the Lenso axe cs-lite. Here's a link.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...t-5-0l/wheels/wheels/lenso-wheels-1/cs-lite-1

#20 ·
#23 ·
Those do look nice... But not for 500 a wheel lol

#25 ·
If that is a response to my post, yes they are expensive right now as they are new and not even released yet. I'm hoping by the time I'm in the market for new tires/rims the price will be more reasonable :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#24 ·
Anyone know what else is available in black chrome other then race stars and boss Laguna Seca wheels?

#27 ·
What do you guys think of these? How would they look on a white car?

What ya think these would look like on Mustang

Lenso 05-2014 Mustang 20x10 Axe CS Lite Wheel (Hyper Black) - CS Lite - Lenso / Axe Wheels - Wheels - Wheels - 2011-2014 - Ford Mustang GT - Vehicle Selector - Shop Now
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...tang-20x10-axe-cs-lite-wheel-hyper-black.html

#29 ·
What's everyone think of these? 20" hyperblack. Anyone else running hyperblack on a white car? Is it pretty similar to black chrome in person? Seems so damn hard to tell from pics on the Internet.

#40 ·
Yeah, pretty sure I want those, would love to have them in black chrome but options are gloss black, hyper silver or hyper black. Was thinking Hyper black looks very similar to black chrome but some google results I dont like.

#31 · (Edited)
I won't buy a set of wheels with out knowing the weights.

Combined new tire/wheel has to be lighter than stock, or not worth "upgrading". A lot of people "upgrade" but go with heavier/bigger tires. Then they're slower b/c of the taller tire and heavier weight (more rotational mass), AND the ride suffers from thinner sidewalls (less impact absorbing).

Some wheels look great but are very heavy (cast) vs. a similar looking forged lightweight wheel.

I bought these TSW 19's b/c they were some of the lightest wheels I could find, and they look great.

I just wish the rears were 10" wide instead of 9.5", that way if I decide to go FI later, I could go to bigger tires.

#36 · (Edited)
Agreed, but personally not concerned with weight. I have my sve drags for track and play time. I know the ride quality will suffer vs a 19 but not significantly. These will be strictly for spring/summer/fall daily driving. I am curious of the material of the cs-lites now though that you mention it. Just curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.