Rear lower control arm upgrade - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Thanks very much for your opinion. Then I can go ahead a with the relocation bracket for the LCA. The item I'm getting is the BMR Rear Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets. As I said, I am not lowering the car, but the brackets It should help with traction too.

jgreen523 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 08:12 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It will. The hole you choose will depend on ride height and type of tires. I'm lowered and moving mine to the upper hole this week from the middle since I still have street tires and that's what Kelly says works best so I listen.

For wheel hop defo get an upper arm and mount. Shell out the extra for an adjustable in the event you do wish to lower or dial in your pinion angle better from factory. Worth it x100 IMO. You can't go wrong with that setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If you choose the wrong hole on the relocation brackets you can make things worst.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
If you choose the wrong hole on the relocation brackets you can make things worst.

^^ very true as in relocation brackets and life/sex. Which hole you choose nets very very different results.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
^^ very true as in relocation brackets and life/sex. Which hole you choose nets very very different results.

Omg this made me laugh to hard at work. People looked at me funny lol....

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
thanks for all your input. Since I'm driving only on streets and not drag racing I will pick the middle hole set up.
jgreen523 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I will be mostly daily driving mine however I will be hitting the drags a few times this summer. Will the middle hole still give me results on the track or should I be changing it to the bottom hole prior to dragging it?

2013 Mustang GT 5.0 6sp MT-82 3.73 rear end, Track pkg, Brembo brakes, Premium, Glass roof, Navagation, Borla S-Type axel back exhaust, Airaid cold air intake, SCT X4 Tuner, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar, Barton short shifter and bracket, Whiteline transmission insert.

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Borla S-Type Axel back, H Pipe, Drop in K&N filter
cnadz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen523 View Post
thanks for all your input. Since I'm driving only on streets and not drag racing I will pick the middle hole set up.
That's probably going to be the wrong hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadz15 View Post
I will be mostly daily driving mine however I will be hitting the drags a few times this summer. Will the middle hole still give me results on the track or should I be changing it to the bottom hole prior to dragging it?
Depends on the tire.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Unless you are on slicks try keeping the control arm as horizontal as possible without pointing up in the rear. Mine are in the middle with a 1.5" drop and I feel they are too harsh for anti-squat as I still can't hook worth a damn on stock Pzeros. I will be going the top hole when I hit a lift. Too lazy to do that on the ground again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-06-2015, 04:16 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Bmr recommends top hole for stock height, but that is just what the manual says.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:40 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Unless you or someone added the GT500 LCA's, the TrakPak, Brembo Brake optioned 14 did not come with them. I've done two of these cars mine included, and they did have the GT500 LCA's from the factory.
Are you sure? They look so similar, especially while on the car. Once you put them both in your hands or next to each other you can see the slight differences. (see attachment)

I've had both on my car, then I just changed to the Steeda's billet aluminum, I think they're probably a little better than the Roush's billet aluminum. Both Steeda & Roush should save about 6 lbs. (approx. 10lbs vs stock 16 lbs) But the Steeda look to be more rigid from the way they're made and are $50 cheaper.
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...arms-555-4405/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stock_vs_gt500.gif
Views:	90
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	182083  
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:05 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Are you sure? They look so similar, especially while on the car. Once you put them both in your hands or next to each other you can see the slight differences. (see attachment)

I've had both on my car, then I just changed to the Steeda's billet aluminum, I think they're probably a little better than the Roush's billet aluminum. Both Steeda & Roush should save about 6 lbs. (approx. 10lbs vs stock 16 lbs) But the Steeda look to be more rigid from the way they're made.
As I said, I know my car is a TrakPak from the factory and so is a friends and both did not have the GT500 LCA's. My friends is a 13 TrakPak from the factory just like mine.
Ford has done some crazy things when manufacturing cars and I've see a lot of anomalies.............so anything goes. The only way to prove it is to look at the "build sheet", and even then who is to say.

Here are some pictures of the ones I took off my TrakPak Mustang................and they don't look anything like the GT500.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015-05-07 09.58.09.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	182084   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-07 09.58.28.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	182085  

Name:	2015-05-07 09.58.43.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	182086  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Here are some pictures of the ones I took off my TrakPak Mustang................and they don't look anything like the GT500.
Well, its good (for me) to know that they're a difference from TrackPack & the GT500's as now these parts are more valuable! Its an upgrade for anyone with stock LCA's, not just non-track pack cars.

Yours definitely don't have the thicker steel piece. They could have different rubber bushings though than the stock piece. (mine were black, yours are grey maybe that's to help them see the difference in the parts bin)

Looking at the 2 pieces I posted on the rear portion of my photos where they have holes cut in the rubber. The GT500 pieces have smaller holes which makes them stiffer, and I BELIEVE they're also made of a different compound (durometer) rubber making them a little stiffer. Maybe the only difference in the track pack is stiffer rubber.

We can compare part #'s on them.

GT500 LCA's are part #: M-5538-A

my stock '14 GT Convertible are part #'s AR33-5538-BA

What's your '14 GT track pack ?

P.S. My take on the LCA's

stock - lots of wheel hop
GT500 - eliminated most of wheel hop, no extra noise at all
Steeda - about the same as the GT500's, maybe a little smoother (less wheel hop), still quiet

And I drive the car with the top down a lot, so if there was extra suspension noise I would hear it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LCA-2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	182092  
Old 05-07-2015, 02:56 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Well, its good (for me) to know that they're a difference from TrackPack & the GT500's as now these parts are more valuable! Its an upgrade for anyone with stock LCA's, not just non-track pack cars.

Yours definitely don't have the thicker steel piece. They could have different rubber bushings though than the stock piece. (mine were black, yours are grey maybe that's to help them see the difference in the parts bin)

Looking at the 2 pieces I posted on the rear portion of my photos where they have holes cut in the rubber. The GT500 pieces have smaller holes which makes them stiffer, and I BELIEVE they're also made of a different compound (durometer) rubber making them a little stiffer. Maybe the only difference in the track pack is stiffer rubber.

We can compare part #'s on them.

GT500 LCA's are part #: M-5538-A

my stock '14 GT Convertible are part #'s AR33-5538-BA

What's your '14 GT track pack ?

P.S. My take on the LCA's

stock - lots of wheel hop
GT500 - eliminated most of wheel hop, no extra noise at all
Steeda - about the same as the GT500's, maybe a little smoother (less wheel hop), still quiet

And I drive the car with the top down a lot, so if there was extra suspension noise I would hear it.
I'm in the process of changing my carrier bushing from stock to BMR and in the process ordered the GT500 bushing which I believe is a urethane two piece bushing.....in the Ford Computer System (FCS) they have note saying demand exceeded production.........but they are taking back orders so we will see.
Anyway, the GT500 M-5538-A are $100 my cost for both, the Boss 302 BR3Z-5A649-A which also is for the GT Coupe and Convertible are $116 my cost for both.

My LCA's are BR3V-5538-AB.
So, all LCA's are the same except for the GT500, and they are the cheapest to buy over the counter...............go figure.

As far as replacing my LCA's, the Whiteline's gave a more planted feeling and will now bring the front end up during hard acceleration where the stock LCA's wouldn't............but this is probably because I slightly loaded the chassis when I set them up.
What I mean by that is that when I took the old bolts out they came hard and I had to persuade them a little. I measured the center to center distance of the stock LCA's and set the adjustable LCA's to the same length.........I had to adjust them just a little to get them in (the chassis was loaded) and when I got both sides in I tightened them until there was no free play.............used locktite on all threads and torqued them to 65ftlb, drew a witness mark down the lock nut flat and the LCA bar flat on both ends.
It just surprised me the first time I put my foot in it to have the front end rise as much as it did because it had never done that before.............reminds me of my first drag car when I put 90/10 shocks in the front..............although not quite as dramatic. It does hook and go straight though.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My (track pack) LCA's are BR3V-5538-AB.
So it looks like

stock GT LCA part#: AR33-5538-BA
GT track pack & 2007-2012 GT500 LCA part #: BR3V-5538-AB

These 2 parts look identical, but the BR3V has stiffer rubber.

Then there's the
"Ford Racing GT500" LCA part #: M-5538-A (possibly 2013-2014 GT500 OEM part) which have noticeably beefier steel structure, and holes in the rubber are smaller for an even stiffer bushing.

I'm thinking your LCA's WERE stock GT500 parts before 2013 when they upped the horsepower to 662hp.

FS: 2012 OEM GT500 LCA's - evidence 2012 GT500 & 2012 GT track packs LCA's are the same thing.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
So it looks like

stock GT LCA part#: AR33-5538-BA
GT track pack & 2007-2012 GT500 LCA part #: BR3V-5538-AB

These 2 parts look identical, but the BR3V has stiffer rubber.

Then there's the
"Ford Racing GT500" LCA part #: M-5538-A (possibly 2013-2014 GT500 OEM part) which have noticeably beefier steel structure, and holes in the rubber are smaller for an even stiffer bushing.

I'm thinking your LCA's WERE stock GT500 parts before 2013 when they upped the horsepower to 662hp.

FS: 2012 OEM GT500 LCA's - evidence 2012 GT500 & 2012 GT track packs LCA's are the same thing.
You are correct bro. I have a 2014 GT brembo car and the track pack/brembo cars have the GT 500 lca's. I know because my lca's and my friends 2012 Shelby have the same part number stamped on them and even look the same. (BR3V-5538-AB). I even asked Ford racing (FFRP)..
I don't like it when people tell me what I have and don't have on my own car lol, but he seems to be a nice guy.

I didn't ask Ford if they changed the lca's for 2013-2014 GT 500 because I didn't think about it when I was on the phone to them, but it makes sense because of the big horsepower increase. By the way, that's a nice Vert you have, its sweet.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT