Stang problems...bad - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:09 AM   #1

Stang problems...bad

Hey guys to i have a black 2013 GT (20,000 miles). Its Auto (yes i know i know) working on switching it out for a stick in a year or so.
Current mods
- Boss 302 intake manifold
-AirRaid air intake
-Bama tuning device
-Borla XR-1 long tubes
- Had S-system Catbacks from Borla but took them off. (explained below)

1. So first off i was wondering is it okay to run long tube headers with stock exhaust? I have Borla XR-1 long tubes and i had S-type cat back but it was too loud for my little college town so i had to take them off (cops were persuasive lol) and now i am just running the stock exhaust. My thinking was keep the power but make it quieter?

2. So i have a lot of weird sounds.. I'm not sure if its from when i first got my car and drove it really hard for a while because i was stoked on getting it or from installing mods but i have squeekin sounds coming from both back wheels when i drive it makes a sound about like every rotation the tires make. Then there is a really annoying sound whenever i am driving in any way, that is a harsh rubbing sounding vibration coming from the back of my car (its on and off in every situation) i think it might have something to do with the stock exhaust being back on. The final weird sound is a when I'm turning the car it sometimes makes a sound that sounds like the springs are adjusting, I'm not really sure how to explain it.

3. So my AUTO stalls....idk....yah idk why or how but it has started happening once in a while ever since i put on the Boss 302 intake manifold. It has recently gotten worse however. I stall mostly at stop signs or when i do a small rev's, it sometimes just drops all the way and stalls, when i am in park the car fights to stay between 500 to 1200 rpms or sometimes when i drive slow it jumps up and down a few hundred rpms. This used to just happen once in aehile but like the stalling has gotten worse. I have multiple tunes on my tuner and i have made sure i am on the correct tunes.

I would have taken it to mechanic by now but i am playing football and running track so i am very busy. i am taking it in this week however but any knowledge i can gain before i go in would be great thanks!

btw my schools mascot is the mustangs....lol
alexblackGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexblackGt View Post
Hey guys to i have a black 2013 GT (20,000 miles). Its Auto (yes i know i know) working on switching it out for a stick in a year or so.
Current mods
-AirRaid air intake
-Bama tuning device
-Borla XR-1 long tubes

1. So first off i was wondering is it okay to run long tube headers with stock exhaust? I have Borla XR-1 long tubes and i had S-type cat back but it was too loud for my little college town so i had to take them off (cops were persuasive lol) and now i am just running the stock exhaust. My thinking was keep the power but make it quieter?

2. So i have a lot of weird sounds.. I'm not sure if its from when i first got my car and drove it really hard for a while because i was stoked on getting it or from installing mods but i have squeekin sounds coming from both back wheels when i drive it makes a sound about like every rotation the tires make. Then there is a really annoying sound whenever i am driving in any way, that is a harsh rubbing sounding vibration coming from the back of my car (its on and off in every situation) i think it might have something to do with the stock exhaust being back on. The final weird sound is a when I'm turning the car it sometimes makes a sound that sounds like the springs are adjusting, I'm not really sure how to explain it.

3. So my AUTO stalls....idk....yah idk why or how but it has started happening once in a while ever since i put on the Boss 302 intake manifold. It has recently gotten worse however. I stall mostly at stop signs or when i do a small rev's, it sometimes just drops all the way and stalls, when i am in park the car fights to stay between 500 to 1200 rpms or sometimes when i drive slow it jumps up and down a few hundred rpms. This used to just happen once in aehile but like the stalling has gotten worse. I have multiple tunes on my tuner and i have made sure i am on the correct tunes.

I would have taken it to mechanic by now but i am playing football and running track so i am very busy. i am taking it in this week however but any knowledge i can gain before i go in would be great thanks!

btw my schools mascot is the mustangs....lol
Well to help on a few things yes you can have long tubes and stock catback that is no problem. You may want to get in touch with Bama and datalog your tune. Also check your car for engine codes with your tuner

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Thats a tune issue or vacuum leak

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jicenroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 03:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
First off swapping ur auto to the mt-82 would be the dumbest thing u could do. Swap out a bullet proof high performance a6 for a China made sloppy gear box..... Secondly your not on the right tune for your setup if you have switched your entire exhaust system minus the headers and not had a new tune written for it. The boss intake manifold REQUIRES tuning. Custom tuning. Not canned sct tunes if that's what your using. Data log it and send to your tuner for a revision. I'm almost certain your issues are simply tune related. Squeaking..... Check your brakes lately?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-04-2015, 06:29 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Squeezing could also be the hangars on your exhaust? You said you changed that right? Just a guess. Have you ever changed anything out as far as the suspension?
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:46 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
my speed sensitive squeek was a bent rear axle....remove rims and check runout. I got mine replaced under wtty
Old 03-04-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
" I have multiple tunes on my tuner and i have made sure i am on the correct tunes."

"2. So i have a lot of weird sounds.. I'm not sure if its from when i first got my car and drove it really hard for a while because i was stoked on getting it or from installing mods "

2013 with 20k miles and trading it within the next year for a manual.

This is why it took me 3 months to find a used 2011+ GT that was not ruined by the previous owner.
When you buy your next one, with a manual....just go ahead and buy one that's built for you like a Roush supercharged or Shelby. It will have a warranty, which is probably toast in your current nearly brand new Mustang. Don't trade it in, crush it. Some poor sucker will buy it, thinking it's his dream car...2013 with low miles. Then he will be a Dodge boy the rest of his life.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #8

I have checked the engine code and the tuner. I have also a tune that is up to date with my mods that I actually talked to a BAMA rep about on the phone. I'll check for a leak and yah it might be the brackets holding the exhaust. For the squeaking sound I read somewhere it might be my lower control arms and it's deff not my breaks because I know the difference and mine are newer, got them changed out after a few track days. I hope it's not the real axel but I'll get it checked, I do have a warranty tho.

And don't worry people I won't ruin my stang these are all problems I feel that won't effect my car in the future If I get them fixed properly. I also can't speed everywhere anymore because being in college I pay for my gas now lol Won't be ripping any1 off IF I sell her.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #9

Famine : I had changed the suspension but it was changed back and a shop checked and made sure it was aligned right

Old 03-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Current mods
-AirRaid air intake
-Bama tuning device
-Borla XR-1 long tubes

Hey Alex -

Absolutely not a problem at all running Long Tubes into your stock Catback. I know what it's like having local PD or Campus PD know your car from half a mile away...It's no fun right!?

When was the last time you had a tune revision from Bama? What you're describing I'm 100% sure can be cleared up with their new V2 Tune and a datalog after the fact!

Shoot me a PM with your last order number or any that you have saved in your email so I can look with the Bama Team and I'll work with them to open a new ticket for you so we can get you set up!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Well to help on a few things yes you can have long tubes and stock catback that is no problem. You may want to get in touch with Bama and datalog your tune. Also check your car for engine codes with your tuner
Thanks for beating me to the punch her Nate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicenroa View Post
Thats a tune issue or vacuum leak
Jicenroa - I'm agreeing with you on this. Having installed about 2 dozen of the Boss Intake Manifolds and about 2 Cobra Jets they can really be finicky. It's not like doing a rear end swap but even the slightest vacuum leak can make the car seem like it's on its way out. Rest assured I'll be able to work with the OP and the Bama Team to get him fixed up. This is literally a quick fix!

Alex

Quote:
I have checked the engine code and the tuner. I have also a tune that is up to date with my mods that I actually talked to a BAMA rep about on the phone. I'll check for a leak and yah it might be the brackets holding the exhaust. For the squeaking sound I read somewhere it might be my lower control arms and it's deff not my breaks because I know the difference and mine are newer, got them changed out after a few track days. I hope it's not the real axel but I'll get it checked, I do have a warranty tho.
Alex - Keep me in the loop on this so I can make sure that you're taken care of and let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
AM does a great job with their 'remote' tunes but if it were me I'd find a good Mustang shop in my area and do a true Dyno tune. I use Real Speed on Long Island and Dan actually tunes the car, then drives it, re-tunes then drives it, etc. until he has it perfect in your real world conditions. It costs more but it's worth every penny to have your coyote running like it should.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Fastlane13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT