SVE Drift Flat Black VS AMR Gloss Black - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
SVE Drift Flat Black VS AMR Gloss Black

This question has probably been asked before, but here it goes...
I am debating between the 19x9.5 SVE drift wheels OR 19x8.5 and 20x10 Gloss Black AMRs and I cannot decide at all. I just keep going back and forth. My car is oxford white 14 5.0 and I plan on getting matte black shelby style stripes once I get the wheels as well. If I get the AMRs I would run 245s or 255s up front and 305s in the rear on Mickey thompson street comps, the SVE drift wheels I am not too sure about I assume something like 245/285 or maybe 255 all around. Either way I can't decide... the picture I attached was when the car was completely bone stock (Haven't done too much as of now either, but a little more) Now I have the gt500 spoiler, hood pin kit in black, plasti dipped wheels, 5.0 badges, and rear GT badge. But that's it as far as appearance mods. Future appearance mods are CDC performance grille, roush chin spoiler, matte black gt500 stripes, new wheels/tires (obviously) lowering spring... just looking for some feed back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bone stock 14 5.0 pic.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	176729  
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #2

Region: Ohio
My vote is for the gloss black AMR's. Not really a fan of bigger back wheels i think they look better with the wheel diameter all the same. But the gloss black should look awesome on a white car.

I just got a set of the roush 20" hyper black wheels that were scratched so i sandblasted them and they are out being powder coated gloss black right now, I am putting them on my white convertible.
cougar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Fair enough, I like the gloss and flat look to be honest. That's why I can't decide lol. But I kind of like the bigger wheel in the rear because I feel like it looks more aggressive, but I see where you'r coming from. I like the SVE because I feel like they look more aggressive? I'm not sure there is just something about them. I like the AMR's too and your right about the gloss black but I feel like the flat black would match the matte black stripes I'm getting really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #4

Region: Ohio
I don't think you can go wrong either way but the flat black will look better if you are going with matte black stripes.
cougar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
It's your choice.
Around here it seems every Mustang has black wheels and I'm tired of the look.
As for the wheels, if I were you and went with the 19x9.5's I'd go with 275's in the front and maybe 285's in the back, or just stick with 275's all around. I like having as much footprint in the front as I can get and that's why I just don't care for anything less than 9"wide fronts. My TrackPak came with 9" wheels in the front.
Personally I like the 9.5" wide fronts and 11" rears. If you are not liking the 11" rears then go with 10/10.5" rears..........in either 19 or 20.
Just my opinion.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Buy both

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
SVE Drift Flat Black VS AMR Gloss Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Buy both

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Lol. I think the SVE's have a bit more concavity which makes them appear to be more aggressive. I personally almost bought the SVE's but had a last minute change of heart. And I agree with Rodder, with black wheels you can barely even make out the design. However it is you car, and I'm a fellow OW owner. Your car looks so....unmollested whichever way you go, do it up, and be happy. Everyone's got an opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

haha I mean it doesn't look as unmolested anymore but still pretty much the same, like I said just plasti dipped badges and wheels with gt500 spoiler now nothing too special. I am honestly waiting for this weather to pass until I do more mods because it just snowed another 7 inches today in NOVA
Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
haha I mean it doesn't look as unmolested anymore but still pretty much the same, like I said just plasti dipped badges and wheels with gt500 spoiler now nothing too special. I am honestly waiting for this weather to pass until I do more mods because it just snowed another 7 inches today in NOVA

Damn! Yeah same here. Supposed to be in the 40's/50's next week but I'm going to wait until the salt is gone to pull the car out.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
This question has probably been asked before, but here it goes...
I am debating between the 19x9.5 SVE drift wheels OR 19x8.5 and 20x10 Gloss Black AMRs and I cannot decide at all. I just keep going back and forth. My car is oxford white 14 5.0 and I plan on getting matte black shelby style stripes once I get the wheels as well. If I get the AMRs I would run 245s or 255s up front and 305s in the rear on Mickey thompson street comps, the SVE drift wheels I am not too sure about I assume something like 245/285 or maybe 255 all around. Either way I can't decide... the picture I attached was when the car was completely bone stock (Haven't done too much as of now either, but a little more) Now I have the gt500 spoiler, hood pin kit in black, plasti dipped wheels, 5.0 badges, and rear GT badge. But that's it as far as appearance mods. Future appearance mods are CDC performance grille, roush chin spoiler, matte black gt500 stripes, new wheels/tires (obviously) lowering spring... just looking for some feed back
Hey Kaveh,

Although the color choice is a completely up up to you, I am a huge fan of a staggered setup.

I ran the almost the same AMR setup you are describing on my previous 2012 GT and absolutely loved them!

Check out the video on them, it might answer some questions:

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT