Mt-82 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
You just said it all.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
After watching the mgw shifter install video, no wonder why the stock shifter sucks. Zip ties holding it together.... Really???

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Gable80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Just saying.
Geez that's beautiful. I just bought the Barton Short Shifter and 2 post bracket. They are still in the box. Hmmm now im thinking.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 09:12 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans5oh View Post
Geez that's beautiful. I just bought the Barton Short Shifter and 2 post bracket. They are still in the box. Hmmm now im thinking.

Can't see how beautiful it is when it's installed 😉 install your Barton. You will love it.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
From what I've gathered, the people that have tried both say that those two aren't even close in comparison and that the race spec dominates.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Can't see how beautiful it is when it's installed 😉 install your Barton. You will love it.
Barton replaces nothing of the lower section of the stock setup. MGW has pretty much done a full documentation that that linkage is a BIG part of the MGW shifting problem. MGW is also one of the only companies I actually think is honest about this sort of stuff even though they are trying to sell a product.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:35 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Look at this troll here with his very first post, coming over from Camaro forum to F with you guys and you took the bait....and now you're choking on the hook arguing with each other.
Now they're having a good laugh over on Camaro dot giggity giggity dot com or whatever forum that OP came from linking to this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	177095  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:31 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Has any body considered the new Blowfish bracket? From what I have read it solves a lot of issues. Now in saying that my 2011 shifts from 1st to 4th when I am driving like an old man or really getting on it in a slight turn. I was planning on buying a the bracket from CJPony parts for 299.00. Is anyone running the Blowfish with any insight?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Justin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin72 View Post
Has any body considered the new Blowfish bracket? From what I have read it solves a lot of issues. Now in saying that my 2011 shifts from 1st to 4th when I am driving like an old man or really getting on it in a slight turn. I was planning on buying a the bracket from CJPony parts for 299.00. Is anyone running the Blowfish with any insight?

There was a large discussion on that bracket a while ago. I believe those who ordered it said it did help a lot although it did add a lot of noise and vibration to the car

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is the skip shift messing with you. Get a tune and it will get rid of that problem.

ncfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

The new MGW shifter makes it totally obsolete.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:55 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Replace the clutch with a upgraded or dual disc and all issues went away for me

Sent from my SM-T700 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the Blowfish bracket paired with a 1st generation MGW shifter. The MGW gives much more precise and somewhat shorter throws and the BF bracket eliminates the body mount and basically mimics a top loaded shifter configuration mounted entirely to the transmission. The new Race Spec MGW combines these features in one device. I got my set up before the Race Spec shifter was introduced but if I were starting from scratch I'd go with it.

The noise referred to can potentially happen when you use the BF bracket with any shifter that retains the stock shifter's lower box. Originally the "snout" on the back of the OEM shifter box was hard clamped to the BF bracket, which is in-turn hard mounted to the transmission. There's an updated clamp now that adds some isolation at that snout clamp which should reduce that NVH problem.

Since the BF bracket, when used with the 1st gen MGW shifter, retains the use of the MGW elastomeric rear mount, there's no noise problem with that combination so long as you orient things away from the vestigial body studs that held the OEM rear bracket.

I've very pleased with my set up.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Just replace the clutch and get a steel braided line,it's the clutch fingers that are causing the issue at high rpm's

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I went mcleod

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
The one perk of the blowfish if you already have a shifter is it also adds a driveshaft safety loop.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have owned over 30 cars, all with manual transmissions, and all but one had issues with lockouts and miss shifts. My s2000 transmission was perfect.

litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 PM   #52

MT82

-Anyone know if the 2015 tranny will fit a 2011? as far as the tranny mount, DS...
Friend of mine is gonna be needing one soon lol
ddec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Don't know for a fact but it's basically the same transmission, so I'd be surprised if it didn't fit.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

It might have different mounts since the chassis changed from S197 to S550. I mean it is probably close but who knows. Even going from 1998 to 1999 with literally the exact same chassis there are different mounting points for the trans just as an example.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have a blowfish racing bracket installed and am very happy with it.

I tried the Barton-two post shifter bracket first, but still had 1-2 grinds and 2-3 nibbles. I also had problems getting into first when coming to a complete stop sometimes.

Even going from the Barton to the Blowfish I noticed a great improvement in shifting.

I personally didn't notice any increase in NVH, but I also have the stock shifter.

I also have an aluminum driveshaft installed so the fact that this acts as a DS loop was an added bonus.

However, like WJBertrand said, if I was starting from scratch I'd probably going with the MGW Race Spec shifter.
k1DBLITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfiv30 View Post
My Trans Is locking me out of 2nd gear??help!!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

2012 mustang GT 3.31 stock

They all do this. Its not just your car.. you should lower your rpms before shifting. Or buy a chip to lock this function out.
5.0FordMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0FordMustang View Post
They all do this. Its not just your car.. you should lower your rpms before shifting. Or buy a chip to lock this function out.
There is no chip for this. And it can be fixed with proper setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I installed my Barton shifter and two post bracket now. Its a completely different car geez. No miss shifts, and I ran it up to redline and banged some gears, not a grind or miss, I love it...All the people that are talking about NVH with this setup, well I don't know if they installed differently because I have zero noise except if I hold the shifter and exert some pressure on the stick when driving. I can rest my hand on the ball or lightly touch the stick when driving and still no noise. The gears are ridiculously close and the two post bracket completely took away miss shifts 1-2 or 2-3. I am very very happy with this set up. Im abit surprised at seeing so many people commenting that their barton is SO LOUD AND WITH ALOT OF VIBRATION..I Maybe there two post bracket is different or was installed differently. Just saying.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #59
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well I installed my Barton shifter and two post bracket now. Its a completely different car geez. No miss shifts, and I ran it up to redline and banged some gears, not a grind or miss, I love it...All the people that are talking about NVH with this setup, well I don't know if they installed differently because I have zero noise except if I hold the shifter and exert some pressure on the stick when driving. I can rest my hand on the ball or lightly touch the stick when driving and still no noise. The gears are ridiculously close and the two post bracket completely took away miss shifts 1-2 or 2-3. I am very very happy with this set up. Im abit surprised at seeing so many people commenting that their barton is SO LOUD AND WITH ALOT OF VIBRATION..I Maybe there two post bracket is different or was installed differently. Just saying.

Amen brother. Glad you went ahead and installed it. I try to tell people I can't hear the noise either. And I almost wanted to get rid of the car after 900 miles until I installed mine. Like you said, different car. Huge difference.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:33 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Amen brother. Glad you went ahead and installed it. I try to tell people I can't hear the noise either. And I almost wanted to get rid of the car after 900 miles until I installed mine. Like you said, different car. Huge difference.
Yeah, you are right Ox, its so freakin nice, can bang all day long without missing a gear and it feels soooo good lol.. Ford should have at least installed a similar 2 post bracket. To anyone out there that is still using the factory shifter and bracket, GET A BARTON SHIFTER AND TWO POST BRACKET OR THE NEW MGW. It will transform your car....
Old 03-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

Or just get the auto...

Old 03-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Or just get the auto...
Auto? shhhhhh scotty you're still stangless, so hmmmm lol.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #63
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Auto? shhhhhh scotty you're still stangless, so hmmmm lol.
And my next one will almost for sure be an auto, even if I have to "settle" and get a 2004 GT or (gasp) a Cyclone...

Old 03-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Sad for you 😭 j/k
Old 03-16-2015, 10:35 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And my next one will almost for sure be an auto, even if I have to "settle" and get a 2004 GT or (gasp) a Cyclone...
Say it aint so scotty, you will regret, cause you know you're addicted to bangin dem gears hard and fast lol, just saying.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #66
Staff
Regular
Staff

Nah, I have a jacked up left knee and I'd rather set the car up to just do 1/4 blasts anyway at this point in life and the auto is better than the stick there.

Anyway, at least its proven that the MT82 is a really really really really good transmission when the shifter is sorted.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #67

yea thats what i was thinking, oh well keep you guys posted with what he does..

Thanks!
ddec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah, I have a jacked up left knee and I'd rather set the car up to just do 1/4 blasts anyway at this point in life and the auto is better than the stick there.

Anyway, at least its proven that the MT82 is a really really really really good transmission when the shifter is sorted.
Auto is not better or quicker scotty, just easier to drive and more consistent. Spoken from personal experiences driving my 4sp 69 big block Camaro SS drag car. That being said, I did change it over to a 2sp TCI glide, trans brake w/10inch TCI converter. I ran abit slower, but I ran the same time almost everytime, which is key to bracket racing. I admit I won more times with my glide then I did with the stick, but the stick was quicker and more fun, just not profitable,,,,in my humble opinion folks. But I still will be glad when you are no longer Stangless lol.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:01 PM   #69
Staff
Regular
Staff

For 1/4 racing auto is most definitely better and quicker. That's not really debatable... for handling/highway pulls definitely stick. For street driving that is all personal preference but if you are street driving, the stock shifter in the M6 is terribad for sure. However at least its not as bad as the GT500 shifter... yikes...

Old 03-17-2015, 05:04 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For 1/4 racing auto is most definitely better and quicker. That's not really debatable... for handling/highway pulls definitely stick. For street driving that is all personal preference but if you are street driving, the stock shifter in the M6 is terribad for sure. However at least its not as bad as the GT500 shifter... yikes...
Uhm its not quicker and it is debatable. It is however more consistent and easier to drive, but we can agree to disagree. Anyway, what is holding you back from buying your stang?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT