Mt-82 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #71
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Every single track I've ever been to, all the fastest cars are automatics and its not like... 1 car, its ALL the fastest ones. That's not to say there aren't some wicked stick shift 1/4 drivers but even the best manual driver can't shift as fast as the auto or launch as hard as a high stall converter.

Anyway... what is holding me back from getting another stang is a temporary living situation on base for 2 years until a bank will count our rental income from our property by the beach as monthly income and approve us for a second mortgage. I don't want to get into a project while I am here and have to worry about moving a car that is down for a motor swap/whatever and a ****load of parts. Also I'm having trouble deciding if I want to suck it up and pay for a Coyote at $500/mo and another $75-$100 insurance on top of that... or find a cheaper older Mustang.

Its real tough to find anything older that is decent automatic wise besides a $$$$ automatic Mach1. If I get a New Edge it has to be an 04 and the only other one I would consider would be maybe, MAYBE a 98GT but this time auto. I actually love the 94-98 body style and the 98 (and a few late 97s) had the 4R70w with the first run of upgrades.

If I do wind up with a Coyote... only 1 option as far as I'm concerned. 2012 Lava Red A6.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Every single track I've ever been to, all the fastest cars are automatics and its not like... 1 car, its ALL the fastest ones. That's not to say there aren't some wicked stick shift 1/4 drivers but even the best manual driver can't shift as fast as the auto or launch as hard as a high stall converter.

Anyway... what is holding me back from getting another stang is a temporary living situation on base for 2 years until a bank will count our rental income from our property by the beach as monthly income and approve us for a second mortgage. I don't want to get into a project while I am here and have to worry about moving a car that is down for a motor swap/whatever and a ****load of parts. Also I'm having trouble deciding if I want to suck it up and pay for a Coyote at $500/mo and another $75-$100 insurance on top of that... or find a cheaper older Mustang.

Its real tough to find anything older that is decent automatic wise besides a $$$$ automatic Mach1. If I get a New Edge it has to be an 04 and the only other one I would consider would be maybe, MAYBE a 98GT but this time auto. I actually love the 94-98 body style and the 98 (and a few late 97s) had the 4R70w with the first run of upgrades.

If I do wind up with a Coyote... only 1 option as far as I'm concerned. 2012 Lava Red A6.
You are confusing Fast with Quick, never mind Scotty, you are hard headed haha I like that about people. We just disagree and that's cool. Sounds like you want an older stang vs a newer one? Is it because you just like the body style or is it because of the price? Im sure there are a lot of 2011 and up GT A6's out there for a good price unless them main factor is the price of your insurance. You must be a youngin so the insurance money would be significant on a GT. Hope you can pull the trigger on that 2012 Lava Red A6, then maybe we can race hahaha....tc bro
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol, not a youngin, I just live in NJ where they like to invade your butthole when it comes to insurance...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #74
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Lol, not a youngin, I just live in NJ where they like to invade your butthole when it comes to insurance...
Not only when it comes to insurance.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
hahaha ok I got it now.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

I got a nasty grind from 2nd to 3rd when shifting fast
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Talking about insurance, you guys need to come visit BC here in Canada! Lol 2014 GT is only $30 more per month than my old 2007 civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Not only when it comes to insurance.
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Visit it? I'm right here all the time.

I have private insurance on the for the optional coverages, ICBC for the road legal stuff. It's pretty pricey at full rate but, it is a new car with a history of being wrecked by people. I'm 49 so, I'm heavily discounted anyway.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Visit it? I'm right here all the time.

I have private insurance on the for the optional coverages, ICBC for the road legal stuff. It's pretty pricey at full rate but, it is a new car with a history of being wrecked by people. I'm 49 so, I'm heavily discounted anyway.
What city are you from? I have looked into getting optional insurance from Canadian direct, I'm little skeptical about their customer service and their history of giving you hard time if you ever need to make a claim. And BCAA won't insure you unless you have 5 years on your driving license
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

I've spent a lot of time and a little money making the stock remote shifter as good as it can be. All remote shifter setups have their issues. I'm satisified with the results, both flat out and in normal driving.

I started with steeda bracket, then a modern billet knob similar to the B302 or 401s, then the whiteline bushing, drilled for the nvh, then the MGW shifter extension arm bushing.

I shot it down track over 100 times on slicks with just the steeda bracket+ shifter knob and had no problems. Truly, technique is critical here and because the shifter is remote, the technique can vary in different situations. For day to day consistency, the MGW shifter arm bushing was the biggest contributor. That thing locked the trans and shift box as tightly together as is possible with a remote setup. Highly recommended, even if it is a pain to install.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 03-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
What city are you from? I have looked into getting optional insurance from Canadian direct, I'm little skeptical about their customer service and their history of giving you hard time if you ever need to make a claim. And BCAA won't insure you unless you have 5 years on your driving license
I'm in Coquitlam. Try Family. Very good yearly service but, I haven't put them to the test with a claim yet.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I just installed the Race-Spec MGW short shifter on mine as well. So far my favorite mood. It quieter than stock, 1st to second now effortless. Up shifting and down shifting is a breeze. The feel, is so much better. The sad thing is that you cant see it, its a work of art and engineering. If as much thought and precision went into the design of the entire mustang it would be a 100k car. Its an expensive up grade but worth every penny.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Justin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:13 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Try the basics: Put a decent shifter bracket on and see if that helps.
this, I got the blowfish bracket for mine. my lockouts happened from 2nd to 3rd. no longer an issue. also, get yourself a whiteline trans mount too. it helps HOME in the shifts better
Old 04-20-2015, 06:31 AM   #84
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not sure about the revised blowfish bracket but the MGW2 kind of made them pointless. I agree on the Whiteline insert though, even with an upgraded shifter it should be a required mod. If nothing else, I would not want the tailshaft moving around under a heavy load even if the shifter prevented that from causing lockouts.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Steeda also makes insert they say its better I will be trying it soon.
Teak 14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT