Are these numbers good for BossIM/JLT/Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
Are these numbers good for BossIM/JLT/Exhaust

First off, I'll go ahead and list my mods, Boss intake manifold, JLT cold air, and pypes exhaust all the way back, no cats. 3.31 gears, Bama V2 tune. Netted me 405whp/382ft lb torque. Same dyno same day, a couple cars with basically a cat back and tune were making comparable power. Had a tuner look at the bama tune and other then being slightly lean at one point( not bad at all actually.) there was not much to be done about the tune. Was unable to squeeze anymore power out of it. Now is this about the average for these cars with these mods , (and yes I have searched the forums) or is mine underperforming. I installed the stock intake manifold back on it to see if we can trouble shoot any reason its not putting down more power, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
silver5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Did you make a run with the stock intake manifold on it? if so what were the numbers.
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #3

Sadly. I did not. Going to throw it on the dyno tomorrow with stock manifold and see what's up. And next step would go back to stock and check numbers was just curious what the average is about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver5.0 View Post
Sadly. I did not. Going to throw it on the dyno tomorrow with stock manifold and see what's up. And next step would go back to stock and check numbers was just curious what the average is about.
Please post the dyno numbers, Im very interested, thanks.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My friend's 2011 5.0 w/ track pack (3.73s). Only mod was Roush axle-back on the stock run (blue). Then the next run was with 93 Street tune from bama (red).
He got a beast from the factory. I'm sure the Race tune would have easily put it over 400.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JoeDynoRun.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	176771  
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Don't go hunting for numbers on a dyno. Too many factors come into play. The best way to find out is to take it to the track.
litfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:59 AM   #7

Agreed. I did run at the track prior to dyno on stock wheels and prior to the bama V2 tune. It was not pretty. Had to let off gas and early shift into second and third to get some traction. Now I am rocking some 305 series drag radials so traction should improve vastly. Last trap speed was 112. I'm assuming had I been able to stay in throttle and rev it out to full rpm would have gained a couple mph.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #8
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
First off, I'll go ahead and list my mods, Boss intake manifold, JLT cold air, and pypes exhaust all the way back, no cats. 3.31 gears, Bama V2 tune. Netted me 405whp/382ft lb torque. Same dyno same day, a couple cars with basically a cat back and tune were making comparable power. Had a tuner look at the bama tune and other then being slightly lean at one point( not bad at all actually.) there was not much to be done about the tune. Was unable to squeeze anymore power out of it. Now is this about the average for these cars with these mods , (and yes I have searched the forums) or is mine underperforming. I installed the stock intake manifold back on it to see if we can trouble shoot any reason its not putting down more power, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hey silver5

Looks like Chris and I posted at the same time!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Although those numbers sound a little bit low, there's alot of things we'd need to see.

1.) What type of dyno was this? Dynojet? Mustang Dyno? Some dynos read lower/higher than others. Even "correction factors" on a particular dyno can play with the numbers in a big way.

2.) Do you have a graph that you can actually post? I have a feeling the "lean" condition was described incorrectly by the dyno shop. Any car will start the pull off looking "lean" for a split second as the fueling goes to the required lambda at WOT. Within a few hundred RPM, you should be looking at the right AFR and it should hold pretty flat from there on out. The more information you can post there the better. A dyno sheet, with air/fuel ratio and let us know where they put the sensor (was it at the tailpipe?) and if you have cats.

If you give us this info, we can probably help out. Like others have said, I wouldn't put too much stake in the numbers and I'd rely on what it says at the track. If you post up a dyno sheet and it looks like there's more to look into than I can set you up with the Bama team to datalog.

I have a feeling that you're probably looking good though. Don't worry just yet!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #10

I've been in touch with bama. So a track trip is much needed.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
I've been in touch with bama. So a track trip is much needed.
Let us know what you run.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #12

Hey guys haven't had a chance to return to the track yet however went back to dyno after putting the stock manifold back on. So Jlt cold air and exhaust put down 403 whp and 387 ft lb. my car doesn't like the boss for some reason. My next upgrade will be cobra jet intake and gears. I'll still hit the track before that happens and will give an update.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If you're car didn't respond to the Boss Intake what makes you think it will with the Cobra Jet intake? You're actually heading in the wrong direction and just throwing parts at a car hoping something will stick.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:46 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Hey guys haven't had a chance to return to the track yet however went back to dyno after putting the stock manifold back on. So Jlt cold air and exhaust put down 403 whp and 387 ft lb. my car doesn't like the boss for some reason. My next upgrade will be cobra jet intake and gears. I'll still hit the track before that happens and will give an update.
Can't believe nobody caught this. The reason is because your not revving the engine high enough. The boss intake makes power to 7500+. U can't dyno to what appears to be about 6800 with the boss Intake Manifold and expect gains. Put the boss back on and re-dyno it and Rev it to 7600.. Bet you pick up 30 rwhp minimum. And that intake really needs a set of headers to let the engine breath & shine. It's all about the parts working together. Like I said Rev it to where the boss intake actually makes power and add them long tubes, bet ur closer to 450 then. If your only going to stay at or around around 6800 the boss intake will give you no gains. Stay with stock then. I recently ran a car modded identically to mine from a roll minus he had a stock intake and I have the Boss and bbk 85mm tb. Same options same gear, Trans etc. Just he had a roush ab I have kooks. He had kooks headers I have dynomax super maxx. We hit it at 30 and were about dead nuts even for like a second or 2, as soon as I hit about 7000 rpm I walked away hard, his shifted and I was still going by the time we got from 30-120/130ish I had about 3-4 lengths on him. Both premium models and I have a glass roof to boot! He had Lund I have aed that was the only other difference also. Oh he had race star wheels I have sve drags. Damn good run.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #15

Appreciate the info. I will look into it.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Haha yeah just be like my dyno guy who buzzed my 4.0 V6 to 7k.....scared the hell out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust