Wastgate on a supercharger?!?!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Wastgate on a supercharger?!?!?!

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you have heard of this? Wastegate on a Procharger?? I hardly know anything about what a wastegate is (so if you could explain it that'd be awesome) other than the fact that you can put it on a turbo. I have a procharger and someone told me that I should put a wastegate on it... is that possible... has anyone seen/done it?? Thanks!
blackwolfndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have a wastegate on this Vortech. Basically by adding a wastegate, you can run a smaller pulley so you build boost faster yet control boost at the top end. If you just ran a small pulley, at WOT your boost would keep on building and increasing with your rpms. If unchecked you could blow your engine if you build too much boost. It is super simple and works well. Just add the wastegate to your pressure side. You can even add an electronic boost control to the wastegate like a turbo system as well. A centri supercharger IS a belt driven turbo. This car runs a 10psi spring in the wastegate, so with the smaller pulley, it will build to 10psi a LOT quicker than it did with the larger pulley.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Oh okay! Cool!... so where exactly would the waste gate go?? Would it replace the bov/bpv? Where did you get yours?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
blackwolfndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
No, you keep your BOV. The wastegate goes on the opposite side. On my setup, I have the BOV mounted on the elbow that goes into the passenger side of the intercooler. I have the wastegate mounted on the elbow that comes out of the drivers side of the intercooler. I got my setup from Team Beefcake Racing. His kit came with the wastegate mounted onto the propper elbow, a smaller pulley and a HD Gates belt. I am sure TBR can do the same for a procharger setup. The Tial wastegate comes with a variety of springs that you can choose your boost psi by which spring you run. If you want to use an electronic boost controller with the waste gate, you run a very soft spring and let the electronic solenoid control the boost level. Running a wastegate significantly raises your RWTQ. I gained 60 ftlbs of rwtq
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT