Installed The barton 2 post bracket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Installed The barton 2 post bracket

Shifter got tighter but a little louder , that normal?
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

yes, there will be more NVH with the 2 post bracket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Ok thanks .. just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up
Jstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstorm View Post
Ok thanks .. just wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up
No, you didn't mess anything up. Its nothing that the radio or exhaust cant block out(:
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstorm View Post
Shifter got tighter but a little louder , that normal?
Did your 2 post bracket have the rubber pad that goes against the tranny tunnel? That should make it a bit quieter.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
yeah give it 2 weeks and you'll be used to it.
Roush Stage 1 blower,OE boost gauge,Custom axleback,MRT H-pipe,Barton short shifter and bracket,Whiteline trans bushing,McCleod RXT twin disc clutch w/billet steel flywheel,Steeda braided clutch line,Steeda g-force brace,Steeda subframe braces,Whiteline front sway bar,SR rear sway bar,SR rear vertical links,MM camber plates,Mich Pilot SS tires,Roush rear spoiler and hood heat extractors,25mm wheel spacers,and Ford Performance hood shocks,JLT oil separator,Flossy heavy weight shift knob
20bmr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
You know in the instructions where it said to push the bracket aft to the lip on the shaft? Anyone else not able to get it to that point? Also it seems that the rods that face forward pretty much touch the shifter housing. Is that common?
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
You know in the instructions where it said to push the bracket aft to the lip on the shaft? Anyone else not able to get it to that point? Also it seems that the rods that face forward pretty much touch the shifter housing. Is that common?
I haven't put my shifter or 2 post bracket on yet but it does say to move it aft to the lip then tighten. Im thinking if you can get it to go all the way to the lip then the rods wont touch the shifter housing. That's what it looks like on the videos,,just my opinion tho.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

That's what I was thinking too, but it wouldn't budge. I'm wondering if I did it wrong. Everything is facing the direction it should and it shifts better with barely any noise that you can notice when the radio is off.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too, but it wouldn't budge. I'm wondering if I did it wrong. Everything is facing the direction it should and it shifts better with barely any noise that you can notice when the radio is off.
Hmmm, you should be able to get the bracket to go all the way to the tip then tighten down. Call Dave Moses at Barton Industries, he will talk to you personally and tell you everything about your set up. 607-863-4757. If you have to leave a message, just say you want Dave to call you back and he will.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey Fam, did you ever fix your two post bracket problem? You should be able to push the bracket all the way back to lock onto the shifter box housing,, I just installed mine and I left the 1/2 bolts abit loose then pushed the bracket all the way back and then tighten them right up.. I have a lot of room between the stainless posts and the shifter box, and I don't have any noise at all...Good luck bro.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:34 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans5oh View Post
Hey Fam, did you ever fix your two post bracket problem? You should be able to push the bracket all the way back to lock onto the shifter box housing,, I just installed mine and I left the 1/2 bolts abit loose then pushed the bracket all the way back and then tighten them right up.. I have a lot of room between the stainless posts and the shifter box, and I don't have any noise at all...Good luck bro.
Thanks. I'll have to get back under there and see.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to get back under there and see.
You can just loosen the 1/2 inch bolts and can then slide the bracket back to the edge and then tighten up the bolts again, problem solved, easy peezy lemon squeezy...
Old 03-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

tried again. I got it to move a couple mm's but that's about it. The rods aren't touching. I was prying and even tapped a bit with a hammer and the bolts loose to the point of almost coming out and that's all I could get.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

It looks like you have it back, look at your bracket and you will see it is touching the lip of the housing, that is correct bro. Also you will see a gap between the stainless post, you are good to go.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:39 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
It looks like you have it back, look at your bracket and you will see it is touching the lip of the housing, that is correct bro. Also you will see a gap between the stainless post, you are good to go.
Oh ok. I was under the impression that it was supposed to go all the way to the flare on the aft end of the shaft. Thanks man.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

hahaha no bro, you have it correct, also the 1/2 inch bolts bracket doesn't go to the end of the shaft, only the sliding bracket does,,you have it correct. By the way, my car feels like a different beast with this setup. I never thought it would be so drastic a change, I love it. I swear I don't have any added noise. Only abit of vibration if I put pressure on the shifter when driving, but that is normal. Im glad you are happy now bro haha.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
hahaha no bro, you have it correct, also the 1/2 inch bolts bracket doesn't go to the end of the shaft, only the sliding bracket does,,you have it correct. By the way, my car feels like a different beast with this setup. I never thought it would be so drastic a change, I love it. I swear I don't have any added noise. Only abit of vibration if I put pressure on the shifter when driving, but that is normal. Im glad you are happy now bro haha.
Me either. Just the clunk of it hitting the gear. There is no other noise anymore.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

clunk? you mean the notchy noise in the shifter when changing gears? I have that notchy too, but I have seen a lot of commenters saying it will loosen up over time. I don't mind the notchy too much because the freakin gears are ridiculously close, I love it. I just need to take it easy because im addicted now lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT