2014 GT Performance Pack Rims - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
When I took mine off I was thinking of widening them to 11" in the rear and when I weighed them bare they came out to 27.5lbs, but that was on a shipping scale so it could have been off. A little of the heavy side for racing (most guys are using 18" to race), but great for the street and putting 275's/285's on.
Just didn't want to pay $400 a wheel to have them widened and would have added a fair amount of weight.
Do you have any places to recommend having the oem 19's widened?
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Eric Vaughn is probably one of the best in country..........not cheap and as long as time is not a factor........he is the best.

http://www.ericvaughnmachine.com/

and Weld Craft is another probably a little closer to you.

Weldcraft wheels FAQ
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I like #3
HP435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Eric Vaughn is probably one of the best in country..........not cheap and as long as time is not a factor........he is the best.

eric vaughn machine: aluminum wheel widening and narrowing

and Weld Craft is another probably a little closer to you.

Weldcraft wheels FAQ
Thanks. Op, #2 is my fav
Old 03-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Who is selling the Rims and tires?
HP435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I do, 2013 base GT rims and tires. I kind of wish I had researched exact information about these first, and made a decision based on data VS desire. My favorite option (2) are the heaviest and have a smaller tire circumference than my current setup. But they look so right on the car :/

Like my CAI, I may be sacrificing some MPG for desire/ a deal. :/

After seeing what they would look like on my car, I can say we have VERY different tastes, friend lol.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That is why they make all of these different versions so that everyone can find something they like. My car had the base GT 18" rims and while I do like how they looked, I wanted some wheels with some black on them but not all black and the #1 wheel fit the bill for me.

Wayne
Old 03-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Brembo wheel FTW!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1426813806.404189.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	177908

I love these wheels. I think they look good on any color car 👍👍
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #43
Registered Member

Regular

The brembo wheels are 9", how wide could I go without touching any suspension components?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #44
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
The br embossed wheels are 9", how wide could I go without touching any suspension components?

10.5" to 11" rear and 9.5" to 10" in front.........depends on what tires you run.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM   #45
Registered Member

Regular

I would like to squeeze 305's in the rear. I wonder if it's worth it. Price - wise it is, but I'm not sure about weight.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
I would like to squeeze 305's in the rear. I wonder if it's worth it. Price - wise it is, but I'm not sure about weight.

For the added weight it wouldn't be any more than going with some 20" wheels............and I'm not going to autocross the car often or do track days that often...........yes it is added weight, but for me I think the cool factor outweighs the 8lbs more per wheel.
Although I'm not sure about keeping my 14, I did talk with Eric again today after sending you the link to both sites. He has now come down to $350 a wheel although it will probably take 4/5 weeks and I am seriously thinking about it if I keep the car.
I am going to put the car up on a lift within the next few weeks to actually see how much room I have but I really don't see why
the 305 wouldn't fit.
What I was thinking was going 9.5 in the front with 275's and 10.5 in the rear with 285's. My issue is that the 30/35 sidewall is just too short for my taste and I really want at least a 40 and maybe a 45. Maybe 45 is a little too tall, but I need to check and see when I have it on the lift. Having TrakPak 9.5/10.5 would be so subtle.......it would just be too cool and I doubt anyone would really ever know because the front of the wheel would look exactly as it does now............and you or I could be the only people in the World to have widened OE TrakPak wheels.
You know, the cost isn't much more than buying a set of wheels everyone else has................IMHO
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 AM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
For the added weight it wouldn't be any more than going with some 20" wheels............and I'm not going to autocross the car often or do track days that often...........yes it is added weight, but for me I think the cool factor outweighs the 8lbs more per wheel.
Although I'm not sure about keeping my 14, I did talk with Eric again today after sending you the link to both sites. He has now come down to $350 a wheel although it will probably take 4/5 weeks and I am seriously thinking about it if I keep the car.
I am going to put the car up on a lift within the next few weeks to actually see how much room I have but I really don't see why
the 305 wouldn't fit.
What I was thinking was going 9.5 in the front with 275's and 10.5 in the rear with 285's. My issue is that the 30/35 sidewall is just too short for my taste and I really want at least a 40 and maybe a 45. Maybe 45 is a little too tall, but I need to check and see when I have it on the lift. Having TrakPak 9.5/10.5 would be so subtle.......it would just be too cool and I doubt anyone would really ever know because the front of the wheel would look exactly as it does now............and you or I could be the only people in the World to have widened OE TrakPak wheels.
You know, the cost isn't much more than buying a set of wheels everyone else has................IMHO
That's true. I'm awaiting an email back from both guys to see which route I want to go.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
the 305 wouldn't fit.
Save the money & just do the rears.

255 front & 305 rear is fine.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

AM has replicas for sale that are 19x10 in the rear. They're pretty cheap. I wonder what they weigh. That may be an easy option too.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:19 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular

I really think I'd like to have the 10.5" rears and although the 9" fronts are ok, for me I think the 9.5" or 10" if I can find the room will work a little better than just 9". I've already talked with Eric and actually found another set of wheels for $350 as I'd like to keep mine with tires together since they only have 4000 miles on them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT