Lowering 14 GT as a DD - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
I dragged my relo brackets earlier pulling into my friends driveway. They were like OMG haha I said don't worry that's normal


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lol now that's plausible. I remember the first time I scraped mine on a speed bump. Even angled. I almost had a conniption fit. Got out and check them, all was well. All hail BMR! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
christianh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cape Coral
Region: Florida
Posts: 89
I'm sure there's other threads so don't kill me... but any advice on these?: Eibach Mustang Pro-Street Coil Over Kit 35125.711 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

Simply looking for some handling improvement, and to eliminate the 4x4 look.
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:00 AM   #38
Registered Member

Regular
 
Famine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Rapid City
Region: South Dakota
Posts: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianh View Post
I'm sure there's other threads so don't kill me... but any advice on these?: Eibach Mustang Pro-Street Coil Over Kit 35125.711 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

Simply looking for some handling improvement, and to eliminate the 4x4 look.
There seem to be positive reviews on vendor's sites; however, there were a few people on here that had stated their struts had blown without many miles on them. They were warrantied free of charge other than shipping but the turnaround time wasn't the best. Also one guy I remember had his blow I think not long after the replacement. I personally would choose something like this
Strano Performance Parts - Part Details
with bmr lca, adjustable uca, Panhard bar (or watts link), and gt500 mounts.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
christianh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cape Coral
Region: Florida
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
There seem to be positive reviews on vendor's sites; however, there were a few people on here that had stated their struts had blown without many miles on them. They were warrantied free of charge other than shipping but the turnaround time wasn't the best. Also one guy I remember had his blow I think not long after the replacement. I personally would choose something like this
Strano Performance Parts - Part Details
with bmr lca, adjustable uca, Panhard bar (or watts link), and gt500 mounts.
sweet, will chekc em out. Thanks
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:43 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
SK GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tomball
Region: Texas
Posts: 99
Went with koni oranges and GT500 mounts for mine. Still deciding between steeda sports or BMR springs as my car is a daily. Also doing either steeda or bmr adj panhard.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Cotati
Region: California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstate777 View Post
On my ‘14 daily driver ... I went with the Roush kit, same suspension used on their stage 2 and stage 3 production cars:

Mustang Performance Suspension Kit 5.0L V8 (2011-2014)

Works well right out of the box due to the mild drop and hasn't given me any issues. It's more suited for handling and ride quality than lowering looks.
Hey, great info. I think I'll save up and go that route. IMO, feels like a Galaxy 500 in stock form!
47297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Mohave Desert
Region: Nevada
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14BlackGT View Post
Hey, great info. I think I'll save up and go that route. IMO, feels like a Galaxy 500 in stock form!
You're welcome. Roush also offers a 1.0" drop track suspension kit, but I don't have any experience with it:

Mustang Track Suspension Kit 5.0 L V8 (2011-2014)
__________________
2014 SGM GT, 300A base coupe, 6R80, daily driver.
silverstate777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lowering my car? white99 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 03-16-2004 11:20 AM
Hey guys that are good at lowering, need help for poster DUW Zim The Bar 2 10-13-2003 10:54 PM
Bushings for lowering springs Blue232 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 10 10-09-2003 01:33 PM
Where can i get lowering springs (01' Vert) Stang01 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 09-30-2003 11:44 AM
Lowering Springs -- How Much? Stang01 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 09-20-2003 01:07 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.