Roush Stage 3 price ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Roush Stage 3 price ?

How much is a 2013 Roush stage 3 with 8000 miles worth at a dealership?

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
joefez55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
To buy you'd have to expect high 30's. Maybe 40 for the 625hp premier.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Fastlane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There's one near me for $38,885 but the badges say 565 hp ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Would financeing a roush be harder , cause technically is a 5.0 vin number ? So the bank might think it's a over priced 5.0 ??

Old 03-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefez55 View Post
Would financeing a roush be harder , cause technically is a 5.0 vin number ? So the bank might think it's a over priced 5.0 ??

What do you mean it's a 5.0 vin? The insurance companies aren't morons. As soon as they type in that vin they know exactly what they're dealing with. It's going to be high depending on area, age, years of driving etc. I remember 13 years ago when I first started driving and I was looking at a used lightning. 4k/year for insurance lol. No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not worried about the insurance I'm talking about financing the car

Old 03-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well how's your credit? If it's decent and your debt to income ratio isn't through the roof, I don't see why they wouldn't finance you.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

Financing companies will know about specialty cars such as the Roush.
2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey Metallic, 6sp, Brembo's, 3.73's, Comfort, Security, Spoiler Pkgs. Barton short shifter w/two post bracket, Redline hood struts, AM shifter ball, BMR lca, Roush axle backs.
Dans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dans5oh View Post
Financing companies will know about specialty cars such as the Roush.

This ^. You can't slip one past the goalie in this instance.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cool , yea my credit is 710 and I'm sure my finances are sufficient enought for the car ,

So 38,885 seems like a fair price ,

Old 03-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Not a bad idea to shoot vin over to your insurance agent before purchasing. There is no rhyme or reason to some of the rates they set based on their proprietary actuarial data. You don't want a nasty rate increase surprise!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Roush Stage 3 price ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhgt View Post
Not a bad idea to shoot vin over to your insurance agent before purchasing. There is no rhyme or reason to some of the rates they set based on their proprietary actuarial data. You don't want a nasty rate increase surprise!

Any ins co can get you a quote immediately with a vin. Check it out and get back to us. I'm curious. Mine is over 2k based on location alone for just a reg GT. No accidents, no tickets, 500$ deduc, driving for 13-14 years. Worst city in the state of MA by far for vehicle ins

Old 03-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Actually it can be a PIA to finance a modified car. I believe the Roush car has a stock GT vin so at the least you may have to get them supporting docs and/or receipts. I had to do this when I bought my car.

2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane13 View Post
Actually it can be a PIA to finance a modified car. I believe the Roush car has a stock GT vin so at the least you may have to get them supporting docs and/or receipts. I had to do this when I bought my car.

Hmmm I'm sure the dealer can provide those info to the banks ?

Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

1ZVBP8CFXD5214521

Old 03-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure with a Roush you'll be fine since people keep the paperwork on those cars. Besides, if you have credit and want the car the dealership will make it happen. I just said it could be a PIA.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Roush Stage 3 price ?

Quote:

Where is it posted Roush's have GT vins? I know Shelby doesn't do that. Just curious.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm sure with a Roush you'll be fine since people keep the paperwork on those cars. Besides, if you have credit and want the car the dealership will make it happen. I just said it could be a PIA.

Could be, but I doubt it. Like you said if he's got the credentials, things should go smooth as butter.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Dealership will certainly make it happen, but may try to screw you on the rate if they find it difficult to finance you. May wanna get pre-qualified at a credit union so you have a back-up plan before trying to finance at dealer.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Most banks will finance up to 140% regarding loan to value. I'm not sure how it works with the vin and how banks view it. I would imagine it's viewed as a stock 5.0 and the finance manager has to call the bank to explain that it's actually a specialty vehicle, and from there they can get a true value on the car. Either way, they'll finance you up to 140% with good credit.

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
1ZVBP8CFXD5214521

When you pull the Vin# number all you get is that it's a 13 GT Premium w/6spd and V8, no options and stickered at $35,490. I have no idea how an insurance company would pull the vin, but it they went to Ford's site they would only see the Ford sticker.
Maybe the title has something else that designates it as a Roush.

Ken Wilson Ford Serving Asheville & Waynesville, NC, New, Used Cars - Window Sticker Lookup Tool
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
When you pull the Vin# number all you get is that it's a 13 GT Premium w/6spd and V8, no options and stickered at $35,490. I have no idea how an insurance company would pull the vin, but it they went to Ford's site they would only see the Ford sticker.
Maybe the title has something else that designates it as a Roush.

Ken Wilson Ford Serving Asheville & Waynesville, NC, New, Used Cars - Window Sticker Lookup Tool

Interesting.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #22
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Use this... It's explains everything...
http://www.roushperformance.com/scripts/vin-search.cgi

Adventure till you drop
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The insurance company may request the same documentation the financing company needs. Remember, you are insuring your Mustang for any (God forbid) accidents that may possibly 'total' the vehicle. So you must make sure the insurance company understands your customized Mustang is worth much more than stock. Otherwise you could pay $38k for the car and only get the $26k or so book value on a stock premium GT.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Just a thought, I've always insured my race cars trough a specialty insurance company for "agreed upon amount" of what it would take to replace the car. I have always done this Heacock Insurance.............you want to look into Hagerty, Heacock or some of the other insurance companies that will and do insure this kind of car. Just a thought.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
When you pull the Vin# number all you get is that ...

The N in VIN means number. No need to say Vehicle Identification Number Number Number. VIN. That's it. I wasn't going to say anything, but with the vehicle identification number Number NUMBER! it went too far lol

Quote:
The insurance company may request the same documentation the financing company needs. Remember, you are insuring your Mustang for any (God forbid) accidents that may possibly 'total' the vehicle. So you must make sure the insurance company understands your customized Mustang is worth much more than stock. Otherwise you could pay $38k for the car and only get the $26k or so book value on a stock premium GT.

I like that it is showing as a GT, and it is worth so much more. You have the receipts and paperwork on the value of the car. For a total, when they check the value VS other cars (how value is determined), they have to compare to a similar model. Not a GT vs a GT, but an RS3 vs an RS3.

I wrecked a $3k Insight...well those around me are 6k+ at a dealership. "Totaled" a 3k car, 6300 back to me. 500 for deductible, 400 for buyback, 600 in repairs. And that was WITH a rebuilt title already. What they charge you doesn't matter, it is what the car is worth. If you are worried, get GAP insurance from your insurer...it's a few dollars a month.

Sent from my XT1094 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:02 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
The N in VIN means number. No need to say Vehicle Identification Number Number Number. VIN. That's it. I wasn't going to say anything, but with the vehicle identification number Number NUMBER! it went too far lol

Sorry, I've called in Vin# for over 50 years...........

I like that it is showing as a GT, and it is worth so much more. You have the receipts and paperwork on the value of the car. For a total, when they check the value VS other cars (how value is determined), they have to compare to a similar model. Not a GT vs a GT, but an RS3 vs an RS3.

I wrecked a $3k Insight...well those around me are 6k+ at a dealership. "Totaled" a 3k car, 6300 back to me. 500 for deductible, 400 for buyback, 600 in repairs. And that was WITH a rebuilt title already. What they charge you doesn't matter, it is what the car is worth. If you are worried, get GAP insurance from your insurer...it's a few dollars a month.

It would be interesting to get costs from Hagerty, Heacock and some others as they insure Cobra's, Corvette's, Shebly's, Hot Rods and other specialty cars which are low production. They go by the actual value of the car that you and the insurance company agree upon..........that's why they call "Agreed upon Value", or actually what the car is worth. Like insuring my drag car for $60k, that's what it would cost to replace. Yes, I'm sure the companies look at what other similar cars are valued at, but it's still a price you and insurance company agree on together............unlike someone Alstate, Farmers, etc., which will only give you cost of replacement after looking at many different cars like yours. Just a thought and certainly doesn't hurt to check.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
It would be interesting to get costs from Hagerty, Heacock and some others as they insure Cobra's, Corvette's, Shebly's, Hot Rods and other specialty cars which are low production. They go by the actual value of the car that you and the insurance company agree upon..........that's why they call "Agreed upon Value", or actually what the car is worth. Like insuring my drag car for $60k, that's what it would cost to replace. Yes, I'm sure the companies look at what other similar cars are valued at, but it's still a price you and insurance company agree on together............unlike someone Alstate, Farmers, etc., which will only give you cost of replacement after looking at many different cars like yours. Just a thought and certainly doesn't hurt to check.
Nice to hear a detailed perspective from this viewpoint. My only information is based off of personal experience. My first wrecked Insight got an extra 1k because I could prove my new hybrid battery. Of course it is always better to inquire and get the details before hand- but I'm also the kind of person to read everything before I sign, and examine all of the fine print- which could have some exclusions, like up to a certain value.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #28
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Nice to hear a detailed perspective from this viewpoint. My only information is based off of personal experience. My first wrecked Insight got an extra 1k because I could prove my new hybrid battery. Of course it is always better to inquire and get the details before hand- but I'm also the kind of person to read everything before I sign, and examine all of the fine print- which could have some exclusions, like up to a certain value.

Luckily I only have a couple of personal experiences, and I've been with Alstate for some 30 years. My wifes 12000 mile Toyota Avalon Limited was totaled while parked at her work. The car was only 3 years old and had low miles. The insurance company offered us $24k (we bought it new for $33k). I had to go online and find similar cars, kbb, autotrader, etc. After a couple of weeks of back and forth they finally gave us $27k for the car and we got out California sales tax back on top of that. The unfortunate part is that the car was very well equipped and fairly rare and we were not able to find another one.............my wife loved her car.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Went to go look at the car it was in bad shap , decided to pass

Old 03-17-2015, 09:28 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Went to go look at the car it was in bad shap , decided to pass

With 8k?

Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
FYI the Roush vin lookup does not work 100%. Mine does not show up. It is a 2014 Stage 2.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT