Prices--Used 2013-2014 Mustang GT Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Prices--Used 2013-2014 Mustang GT Premium

I'm looking to buy a used 13-14 GT premium with minor options, low miles, clean title.. I'm not in "need" of one immediately, but looking to pick one up around spring time.
I was curious in finding out what you guys are seeing around you for prices and what you would classify as a "steal deal"?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
This http://www.koonssilverspringford.com...a0be92e17f.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Simple.
Koons Ford- in Va. Only
Ricky Rivera - Senior Salesman!!
...from him I got my car new, in May--$7000 below sticker!
'Nuff Said

http://www.koonssterlingford.org/index.htm
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
blowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Use car gurus dot com.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
I would guess you back East somewhere but last year I bought my 14 TrakPak/w Recaro's and only had 2,700 miles for about $10k less than what the sticker was. Granted it's not a Premium but it is a TrakPak and even came with CAI plus an SCT tuner. Unless you want an automatic I would look for a GT with TrakPak, just gives you more good stuff..........the 3.73's with six speed are a lot fun........even in the city.
Whatever car you start looking at, be sure and use this site;

Ken Wilson Ford Serving Asheville & Waynesville, NC, New, Used Cars - Window Sticker Lookup Tool

Then just plug in the Vin# and it will show you a copy of the window sticker..........just so you know what you are really getting.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
Use car gurus dot com.
+1 love that site!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I want mine soon ! But I keep spending lol

GoldenCaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Any koons is good got my trackpack for 30 otd new. Youre better off buying new

Jicenroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Could you guys share ideas/ advice! I am 19 I don't make much money, although I make more than most my friends I want to manage my money/ invest I just don't know how? I really wanted a 2014 GT I drive a 96 GT.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:20 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCaMuscle View Post
Could you guys share ideas/ advice! I am 19 I don't make much money, although I make more than most my friends I want to manage my money/ invest I just don't know how? I really wanted a 2014 GT I drive a 96 GT.

Dude stop commenting on a bunch of random threads with random unrelated questions. If you want help make your own thread and we will help you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Your 19 you don't need a 28-30k dollar car. When I was ur age I had a $6000 dollar firebird formula. Paid for it myself. Unless your like half the kids on here in college asking how to convince their parents to justify paying for mods on there car that mommy and daddy bought them. Go start a career or take some college and get a career then finance one when u can afford it. When you figure out the answers in time to the questions you just asked you'll be better off to be spending this kind of money. Real talk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post
Your 19 you don't need a 28-30k dollar car. When I was ur age I had a $6000 dollar firebird formula. Paid for it myself. Unless your like half the kids on here in college asking how to convince their parents to justify paying for mods on there car that mommy and daddy bought them. Go start a career or take some college and get a career then finance one when u can afford it. When you figure out the answers in time to the questions you just asked you'll be better off to be spending this kind of money. Real talk.

+1000

I had my first car from the time I was able to drive (14?) till I was 25. Got out of college, saved up for a year and was able to get my 13. Relax dude, you won't miss out on anything from 19 years old to 25.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicenroa View Post
Any koons is good got my trackpack for 30 otd new. Youre better off buying new

I bought mine for $3500 less than what you paid and I got a free CAI/tuner. I've still have the same warranty and the sticker was $36/change. I just can't see taking the hit in depreciation the minute you drive off the lot. A lot of times you can by a much nicer car letting someone else take the depreciation hit....just my opinion.

Quote:

I'll just say that a most cars are not a great investments, and the ones that are usually are out of the range of most peoples resources.
Personally I'd save/invest and continue driving your 96. One thing I believe you should do is to set goals/plans and not just for 6/12 months, but for 5/10 years down the road and then try to maintain those plans/goals. I know you are young and listening to an old guy talk about the future is &%ll #*it, and all I can say is I've been there.....exactly where you are.......and I'm here now looking back at the 50+ years with just a little hindsight..................but you need to do what you feel good about doing.
When I was your age I had a beater driver and was working on a street rod..........both cars I owned outright, one got me to college and the other was in pieces in my folks garage. Back in 1966 I was working making very good money for a young kid of 19, $7.50/hr, and wanted to buy a Sunbeam Tiger which cost $3,600 new. I was under 21 and my Dad would not co-sign................the best thing he ever did for me. It really hurt because he wouldn't, but I got over it and moved forward, finished school, went into the service and have had some really terrific jobs traveling all over the world.
I've been retired since 2011 and don't finance cars any longer....................just saying that what you think you need and really want are two different things.
Although I believe you need to live for today, you need to plan for tomorrow.............just my 3 cents.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That is good most of the GTs i do see with >5000 miles are like 30+. That is a good deal! Bet you if somethings wrong with your motor they wont honor it with that tune ! Lol

Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicenroa View Post
That is good most of the GTs i do see with >5000 miles are like 30+. That is a good deal! Bet you if somethings wrong with your motor they wont honor it with that tune ! Lol

I've already been told by the guys at my local Ford dealer that as long as they don't think the tune caused the problem.....there will be no problem. The tune I have is just a can'd tune, the guy before me bought the SCT tuner/Airaid as a package from Summit Racing.
I guess I don't understand why everyone just makes the assumption that because they have a tune the dealer will waffle. I made it a point to make friends with the Parts Dept, Sales Mgr, and Service Mgr, and because I have been nice, bought parts from them they give me the best Jobber price. I got my GT500 twin tip mufflers and rear valance for less than you buy it at AM and buy my oil/filter from them................and I didn't even buy the car from this Ford dealer...........I bought it from a Chevrolet dealer because the guy traded the Mustang in on a Corvette.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Thats awesome! My buddy from HS is the master mechanic at my local ford. Ive had everything installed by him even thiugh i dont get too much of a break, i feel like it looks good since everythings installed by a ford dealer

Old 03-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I just picked up a 2013 gt premium with 20k miles in Texas for 25k (before tax and other fees), it has no options on it. I figure if I want it on the car I can always install it myself. Not sure if it's an option everywhere but I went thru a company called intellipayment, so they automatically take out two, 1/2 payments a month. By doing this they pay for 6 out of my 75 month finance. So that also can save you a couple thousand if you able to do that.

Brandon Reda
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

If you are looking for one with low miles under 5k miles at a dealer you are looking at 30000 plus.
Mileage goes up price goes down quick.
try cars.Com
Or buy mine I might sell and get a older gt500 lol
13 gt premium under 2500 miles
with extended warranty.
Good luck

12.30 @111mph

For Sale ?
AcmeRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang View Post
I just picked up a 2013 gt premium with 20k miles in Texas for 25k (before tax and other fees), it has no options on it. I figure if I want it on the car I can always install it myself. Not sure if it's an option everywhere but I went thru a company called intellipayment, so they automatically take out two, 1/2 payments a month. By doing this they pay for 6 out of my 75 month finance. So that also can save you a couple thousand if you able to do that.

Brandon Reda
So, they are debiting your account every two weeks, which means you are actually making 26 payments in a 52 week period (1 year) and each payment would be 1/2 of a normal monthly payment. I guess I didn't see anything about them paying for anything other than just taking money out of your account to pay the payments every two weeks. Yes, you will pay it off in a shorter time because you are paying more than 12 payments in 12 months. Maybe you got a cheaper interest rate.............I'm confused as to the benefit of someone doing this for you when you could do it yourself............
Also, you paid $25k for a base 13 before taxes............maybe prices are different in Texas, but here in the West you could have bought a 14 with half the miles and probably a TrakPak car for that money.........just saying that's a lot of money for 13.IMHO
Old 03-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

^what Olerodder said. Earlier in life I put/wasted $12 on a Used '91 GTI!! I apologize to my wife every year now, and for car so called investments . I'm 58 now. Wanted a mustang since I was 12. If I was saving smartly all along I would have been able to get a nice used Boss/Shelby by now (& money left over possibly). And had a happier wife 25 years ago!!!
2014 V6, Oxford White, Auto, 3.31, AirRaid CAI, MBRP axleback, 18" Motegi Black MR118, Cooper RS3-S's, MPT 93/Perf/Race[Ghost Cam], Steeda Ultra springs, B&R Panhard Bar, Ford Racing strut brace, BMR LCAs, JLT Oil Separator, Kicker 12'' Sealed Sub/300wt. amp, Formula1 70% tint[+windshield]
Old 03-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRocket View Post
If you are looking for one with low miles under 5k miles at a dealer you are looking at 30000 plus.
Mileage goes up price goes down quick.
try cars.Com
Or buy mine I might sell and get a older gt500 lol
13 gt premium under 2500 miles
with extended warranty.
Good luck
I disagree, I bought my 14 TrakPak for $26.5 from a Chevrolet dealer last year and it only had 2,700 miles on it......now it has 6700.........but I didn't buy it to be a garage queen, I bought it drive.
For $30k I can buy a new base 15 GT off the show room floor.
Maybe we have cheaper cars here on the West Coast, but $30k for a used GT even with low miles is way too much.............IMHO
Old 03-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Dude stop commenting on a bunch of random threads with random unrelated questions. If you want help make your own thread and we will help you.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I'm new to this I'm using the mobile app I don't know how to create "threads", anyways it's related to the topic! no need to be rude.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMaster View Post

Appreciate it, undecided wether to invest any more money into my current gt or simply save.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
I disagree, I bought my 14 TrakPak for $26.5 from a Chevrolet dealer last year and it only had 2,700 miles on it......now it has 6700.........but I didn't buy it to be a garage queen, I bought it drive.
For $30k I can buy a new base 15 GT off the show room floor.
Maybe we have cheaper cars here on the West Coast, but $30k for a used GT even with low miles is way too much.............IMHO
Your track pak must not have been a gt premium since there is a 3 to 5000 dollar difference around here For that option.
Cheapest be gt within 100 miles of where I am is close to 35000 and cheapest base gt in say nj or nyc area is closer to 32000.
I would take a certified preowned 13 or 14 any day over a new 15 better warranty with the certified preowned as well.thats just me though. The 15 just does not look like a mustang to me in the front.but that's just me .for now anyhow lol.
Seems at least in the north east once they get overy 5000 miles price goes down and over 10000 they become real affordable real quick.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Appreciate it, undecided wether to invest any more money into my current gt or simply save.

YEAH, WHAT HW SAID ^
Old 03-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcmeRocket View Post
Your track pak must not have been a gt premium since there is a 3 to 5000 dollar difference around here For that option.
Cheapest be gt within 100 miles of where I am is close to 35000 and cheapest base gt in say nj or nyc area is closer to 32000.
I would take a certified preowned 13 or 14 any day over a new 15 better warranty with the certified preowned as well.thats just me though. The 15 just does not look like a mustang to me in the front.but that's just me .for now anyhow lol.
Seems at least in the north east once they get overy 5000 miles price goes down and over 10000 they become real affordable real quick.
No, mine is a Base GT, not Premium, although I did get Tech Pak and Sync which is worthless. My tastes are base, so premium didn't mater, but around here it's only $1/2k difference between a base and premium.
I'm just surprised at the difference in car prices.........glad I live on the West side.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowa View Post
^what Olerodder said. Earlier in life I put/wasted $12 on a Used '91 GTI!! I apologize to my wife every year now, and for car so called investments . I'm 58 now. Wanted a mustang since I was 12. If I was saving smartly all along I would have been able to get a nice used Boss/Shelby by now (& money left over possibly). And had a happier wife 25 years ago!!!
Some lessons you have to learn on your own. If your still married to the same woman, she can't be that unhappy. Must be doing something right.
Cooolbreeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I'm new to this I'm using the mobile app I don't know how to create "threads", anyways it's related to the topic! no need to be rude.

It's easy to do on the mobile app...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Everyone here can tell you what they paid for their used or new 13, 14 GT etc but that's all over the country!
GO TO CAR GURUS , plug in what you're looking for, your zip code, manual or auto, etc and you get boo koo results AND a it even tells you in bold print if it is a good price, fair or poor based on what others are selling for in YOUR area.
Sample:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	177351  
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooolbreeez View Post
Some lessons you have to learn on your own. If your still married to the same woman, she can't be that unhappy. Must be doing something right.
Yessssssssssssssssssss ...correct. 32 years next month!!!!😍👀😍
And I'm still trying to do the right thing.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Everyone here can tell you what they paid for their used or new 13, 14 GT etc but that's all over the country!
GO TO CAR GURUS , plug in what you're looking for, your zip code, manual or auto, etc and you get boo koo results AND a it even tells you in bold print if it is a good price, fair or poor based on what others are selling for in YOUR area.
Sample:
I'll have to get it a try because I've only ever used autotrader.com. Kind of like looking at kbb to see what price the dealer paid, looking up the vin#, and starting the negotiation.
And one other thing, I would never go into a dealer and negotiate in person, it would all be done over the computer, then all you have to is see and drive the car and if it holds up, get the keys and drive away. I did this with my 14 Mustang and it was the best car buying experience I've had in over 50 years.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll have to get it a try because I've only ever used autotrader.com. Kind of like looking at kbb to see what price the dealer paid, looking up the vin#, and starting the negotiation.
And one other thing, I would never go into a dealer and negotiate in person, it would all be done over the computer, then all you have to is see and drive the car and if it holds up, get the keys and drive away. I did this with my 14 Mustang and it was the best car buying experience I've had in over 50 years.

In over 50 years really! So what was your best car buying experience a Model A? lol just kidding! .

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #33
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post
In over 50 years really! So what was your best car buying experience a Model A? lol just kidding! .

You young wiper snappers are so funny............in fact, yes buying my Model A had to be one of the best.........that was off of Ebay.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sample:
Good point cargurus.com is a great site.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, mine is a Base GT, not Premium, although I did get Tech Pak and Sync which is worthless. My tastes are base, so premium didn't mater, but around here it's only $1/2k difference between a base and premium.
I'm just surprised at the difference in car prices.........glad I live on the West side.
Ya prices in central ny are crazy I have to drive to nj to get a fair deal .
gt premium gotta have option is the mirrors that project the mustang image on the ground.
Sounds funny but it's pretty cool
Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang