AM Expert Zach’s 2014 GT/CS Bama Tune Results! – AmericanMuscle.com! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
AM Expert Zach’s 2014 GT/CS Bama Tune Results! – AmericanMuscle.com!

Hey Guys!

One of our Mustang Experts Zach joined us in the shop to test out some new mods on his beautiful 2013 GT California Special. He was looking for some power and throttle response and wanted to take full advantage of running premium fuel. Zach and Justin went ahead and installed the C&L Street Cold Air Intake w/ 95mm MAF & X4 Tuner and the results were great. Not only did it pick up some serious horsepower on the dyno, but they went for a road test to break down the difference felt out on the street!

The results?

Zach was thrilled to see his C/S go from:

- Stock 93 Octane Dyno Results: 369 RWHP and 372 RWTQ

- C&L Intake and Bama V2 Tune Dyno Results: 401 RWHP and 398 RWTQ

That made for a peak gain of +32 horsepower and +26 torque. The gains throughout the curve were as high as 28 ft. lbs. of torque! Those are crazy gains from just an intake and tune, keep in mind that he is still running the stock catalytic converters. Even more important than the power; according to Zach, "the driveability is even better than stock"! I had a chance to talk to him myself and he is still raving about how well it drives!

Make sure to check out more about this build: AM Expert Zach's 2013 Mustang GT Build!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
That's not true at all! Intakes do nothing. *sarcasm*
Good numbers. Car looks good too.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famine View Post
christianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 01:25 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Nobody ever talks about data logging here or how to do it. My current tune is not as good as the last round, AFR is like a roller-coaster at the bottom and mid range according to my last dyno.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Would've been around the same numbers with the stock intake. 99.9% of those gains were most likely from the tune.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
The increase came from the tune, not the intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Would've been around the same numbers with the stock intake. 99.9% of those gains were most likely from the tune.
Yep.

Dyno numbers are really not worth much. Let us know what it runs at the track and then report back.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Too many variables at the track. Temp, air density, humidity, etc, etc, etc. There will always be an excuse.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Nobody ever talks about data logging here or how to do it. My current tune is not as good as the last round, AFR is like a roller-coaster at the bottom and mid range according to my last dyno.

Aed has some pretty good vids on YouTube regarding logging.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Too many variables at the track. Temp, air density, humidity, etc, etc, etc. There will always be an excuse.
Wrong. Trap speed is an excellet indicator how much power the car is making.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I want to get my AFR cleaned up on the bottom and midrange. I could play around with data logging and emails or I could just go locally and get it done properly the first time.

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #11
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Hey Comp,

Datalogging is a very common topic across all forums, and the Bama Performance Team absolutely recommends datalogging to all of their customers. The tune that the Bama team sends you is a great tune that is built on the dyno, on the street, and at the track. That being said, all cars are different so datalogging can greatly help in getting the car completely dialed in. In most cases, there isn't many adjustments to make as the original tune is solid.

If you are Bama tuned, I can definitely get you in contact with Paul and the Bama team to datalog your Mustang. Bama also has instructions on how to datalog HERE.

Please let me know if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM at anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollDat View Post
Hey Roll,

The tune does make up a lot of the power that you are seeing but an intake does indeed have its benefits. The intake provides you with a larger, freeflowing air filter and air intake tube compared to the stock airbox. Not to mention, it also looks great under the hood and you do pick up a sound benefit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Dyno numbers are really not worth much. Let us know what it runs at the track and then report back.
Grabber,

You are completely correct, there is much more to a tune then just power. However, these gains are still awesome to see as we compared them back to back.

Zach definitely plans on hitting the track as soon as the weather breaks and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Hope this helps and if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out.

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey Comp,

Datalogging is a very common topic across all forums, and the Bama Performance Team absolutely recommends datalogging to all of their customers. The tune that the Bama team sends you is a great tune that is built on the dyno, on the street, and at the track. That being said, all cars are different so datalogging can greatly help in getting the car completely dialed in. In most cases, there isn't many adjustments to make as the original tune is solid.

If you are Bama tuned, I can definitely get you in contact with Paul and the Bama team to datalog your Mustang. Bama also has instructions on how to datalog HERE.

Please let me know if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM at anytime!

Hey Roll,

The tune does make up a lot of the power that you are seeing but an intake does indeed have its benefits. The intake provides you with a larger, freeflowing air filter and air intake tube compared to the stock airbox. Not to mention, it also looks great under the hood and you do pick up a sound benefit!

Grabber,

You are completely correct, there is much more to a tune then just power. However, these gains are still awesome to see as we compared them back to back.

Zach definitely plans on hitting the track as soon as the weather breaks and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated!

Hope this helps and if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out.

-Will
You guys have the means to run your production tune and dyno, then add various intakes with corresponding tune and red no to prove the value of your intakes for sale on your site. I do realize that the naysayers at that point will blame it then on the hood being open, so that will be something to consider, then it would probably be blamed on going more aggressive on the timing. Either way, it would be cool to see something like that done.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
How much better can one expect to get from just having the SCT tune and going to the V2 tune , I dynoed at 388/376 with just the SCT tune and cat back MBRP race exhaust and stock air box and stock filter

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
You guys have the means to run your production tune and dyno, then add various intakes with corresponding tune and red no to prove the value of your intakes for sale on your site. I do realize that the naysayers at that point will blame it then on the hood being open, so that will be something to consider, then it would probably be blamed on going more aggressive on the timing. Either way, it would be cool to see something like that done.
Hey Famine,

Loud and clear man!

I will definitely send the message and see what we can do for you.

I will keep you updated.

-Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTHIS View Post
How much better can one expect to get from just having the SCT tune and going to the V2 tune , I dynoed at 388/376 with just the SCT tune and cat back MBRP race exhaust and stock air box and stock filter

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hey SS,

Those are some great numbers!

Although we have never Done testing comparing the V2 tune to a stock SCT tune, I could definitely see an increase of 5-10 horsepower along with completely transforming the throttle response, increasing fuel economy, etc.

You will not be disappointed!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

-WIll
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT